Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Shakill OReal posted:

So far I drove from Phoenix arizona to payson arizona then spent the day up there (that's the cabin in the pics), then missed a turn to Flagstaff and found a weird part of Arizona I hadn't seen before, stood on a corner in Winslow Arizona and then made it to Flagstaff and got on the train to LA, now I'm staying at a hostel in Hollywood with some German guys on a contiki trip partying hard, I gotta go to bed early and get on the next train to seattle, I might pit stop in Colorado Springs, after that it's off to probably Minnerapolis and then the east coast.

If you're in a city with an amtrak station (you probably are if you're in the US) and want to smoke weed or drink a beer with me or get a pizza or whatever let me know what city you're in.

We really appreciate the updates, Shakill. Photos and trip-reports let us live vicarously. If there were a train station anywhere near me, I'd buy you a tasty meal.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

"Excited to eat Subway."

I weep.

Robot Made of Meat

"Cow Farms."

Hehe

Robot Made of Meat

I loved smoking, but I hated waking up with horrible, thick green stuff in my sinuses.

I also wasn't fond of the price, or the stench. Quitting is hard as hell, but it's worth it.

[/lecture]

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I'm glad you came to a decision and i wish you well but man my experience with Amtrak is so much the opposite i love it, i guess it's not for everyone

Yeah, my one experience was great (at least the parts actually on the train). But I had a roomette, so sleeping was better and the food was quite decent. I'd love to have the chance to train around the country again (and normally I HATE travel).

Sorry it didn't turn out the way you'd hoped, Shakill.

Robot Made of Meat

FilthIncarnate posted:

Greetings BYOB

I have returned after a long absence.

Mr. Shakille, it was my understanding that I would be offering you hospitality on the easternly leg of your journey, sometime in August; has this situation changed?

The guest couch is prepared.

WB Filth! We've missed you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Shakill OReal posted:

Yeah I got off the train and flew to my home state and I'm adventuring here. If anyone wants to travel with my ID and pretend to be me for the remaining 5 train rides be my guest, you can have them

If only I could, I'd love the hell out of it!

• Locked thread