Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
i can't figure out how to
This poll is closed.
remove 69 3.49%
the 420 21.24%
poll 1488 75.27%
Total: 1977 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

The very worst thing about living in a hot climate is that you get so used to the summer that as soon as it grows cool, you feel like it's an arctic blast

Anything below forty degrees might as well be unlivable imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Swan Oat posted:

The very worst thing about living in a hot climate is that you get so used to the summer that as soon as it grows cool, you feel like it's an arctic blast

Try dealing with a 110 degree swing between seasons. Have some real problems.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
lol it's 48 here right now... you better believe I wore sweatpants to the gym

(That's like 9C I think, for you non Americans)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Swan Oat posted:

Yeah I never thought ten degrees Celsius would feel as cold as it did until it happened in a place with no heating or insulation

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah I never thought ten degrees Celsius would feel as cold as it did until it happened in a place with no heating or insulation
outside?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCO0nWkKKsU
:staredog:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Bolters shouldn't have muzzle flashes. Extremely heretical, would not buy. 0/10. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Bolters shouldn't have muzzle flashes. 0/10. :colbert:
va is so fantastic though it negates any flaws of the game

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

va is so fantastic though it negates any flaws of the game

I'm not particularly impressed with the voice acting. More importantly however, the weapons look to generic. And if I play a game about space marines, I want my weapons to gib the enemy similar to Killing Floor instead of just having a splurt of blood and the enemy dropping to the floor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

Bolters shouldn't have muzzle flashes. Extremely heretical, would not buy. 0/10. :colbert:
:spergin: actually, bolters fire rounds via conventional means, hence the muzzle flash. bolter rounds are gyrojet, yes, but the gyrojets kick in after a certain subsonic velocity has been reached by the round, so that the bolter rounds maintain higher velocities and bolter fire itself is accurate on long ranges

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I'm not particularly impressed with the voice acting. More importantly however, the weapons look to generic. And if I play a game about space marines, I want my weapons to gib the enemy similar to Killing Floor instead of just having a splurt of blood and the enemy dropping to the floor.
:ssh: im taking a piss at voice acting, it sounds like bunch of ham amateurs reciting their favourite bible verses. the game looks real trashy, but i might buy it under $10 if it has meaningful amount of two player coop; the friend i played through fear 3 with will love it. and this time, even all protagonists talk :razz:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

in other news, i sent my russian friend a video where swiss jets approachs russian airliner with diplomatic mission. he replies to "drat thats scary, who knows what they want to do. just look at turkey, when everything was fine"

:cripes:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the kilotwix

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

in other news, i sent my russian friend a video where swiss jets approachs russian airliner with diplomatic mission. he replies to "drat thats scary, who knows what they want to do. just look at turkey, when everything was fine"

:cripes:

You know how Americans live in a filter bubble about America being great and everybody else being out to get them? Russian work the same way. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

You know how Americans live in a filter bubble about America being great and everybody else being out to get them? Russian work the same way. :colbert:
yeah im aware of canonical russian mindset, at least a third of my country is like that. that does not help me to avoid being flabbergasted at some things, especially when we talk about well off youth from not really conservative families

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

quote:

Peter Hallén, from Tierp, north of Uppsala, was taking part in a local hunt when his hound Assar picked up the scent of a boar and ran after it.

“The dog got knocked over by a wild boar two years ago, so I didn’t think he would be hunting any more swine,” Peter Hallén told Upsala Nya Tidning.

He followed his dog using his GPS for eight kilometres, and then, just as he was about to get hold of the greyhound to put his collar back on, the wild boar charged out of the undergrowth.

“It suddenly leapt up from four or five metres ahead of me. I put up my hands to protect myself but 100KG worth of pig isn’t easy to hold back and I was thrown backwards,” he told Aftonbladet. He was gored lightly in the leg but the animal kept attacking him.

“Then I kicked towards the pig’s head to get myself free, and I must have made contact. Suddenly it lurched off, and then after 20 meters, it fell over, climbed up, and then fell over again, stone dead.”

“It sounds impossible, to kick a wild boar to death,” he continued. “But I must have hit it in some strange way. The wild boar was probably also quite exhausted.

He said he had not even had time to be afraid. “Everything happened so fast. Now afterwards you can laugh about it… but I was acting in self-defence.

“I don’t want people to be frightened of wild boar in the woods,” he continued. “You have to know that this pig had just been hunted by my dog and was riled up for that reason.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

the kilotwix

They come in Snickers too

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jesus overwatch quick match is such a poo poo stained swamp ahahhaha

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I read a Youtube comment saying that I should under no circumstance look up the collaquial "pass the mash".

I sure hope none of you look it up after I planted that sugggestion in your head.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I have looked up "pass the mash".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I read a Youtube comment saying that I should under no circumstance look up the collaquial "pass the mash".

I sure hope none of you look it up after I planted that sugggestion in your head.
what's so strange about asking someone to pass you potatoes

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

It is a common thanksgiving phrase, maybe google.de has other ideas.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Matoi Ryuko posted:

the kilotwix

Where do we go for winter sigs

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799974635274194947

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol Trump wants a safe space

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Volkerball posted:

Lol Trump wants a safe space

Don't income shame

Respect the office

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the show she did the day after the election she did a bit where she was listing good things in the world to be thankful for and which bring us happiness and one of them was lin-manuel miranda rapping

I'll never get the draw of Hamilton for as long as I live

Musicals in general trigger my sympathetic embarrassment reflex already

A corny-rear end rap musical about a founding father would make me either flee the theater immediately or curl into the fetal position in an attempt to vanish into thin air

Like no joke I don't think I'd last beyond the first stanza, I physically and psychologically can't tolerate that poo poo

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

have you actually listened to the music because if you havent.... its probably worse than you are imagining

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
We will rock you is the only good musical.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

musicals are great

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

R. Mute posted:

musicals are great

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
i had a dream last night in which trump was assasinated and it was a prelude to global nuclear war

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/hassanj__/status/799462675394609152

lol Canada is just adorable

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

I like this new left media thread. I def needed to read more goons complaining that people who call out racism are the real problem, and no, whites didn't vote for trump because of racism, but actually because of right wing populism and protectionism which is totally a different thing

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Octatonic posted:

I like this new left media thread. I def needed to read more goons complaining that people who call out racism are the real problem, and no, whites didn't vote for trump because of racism, but actually because of right wing populism and protectionism which is totally a different thing

sometimes i feel like they think being a loving NEOLIB is worse than being a racist

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Personally i think we should wait and see what the republicans actually do before we get up in arms about it. don't cry wolf! Steve Bannon only said those things in words, and it's not like he's actually the one with the pen signing policies

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

readingatwork posted:

Wow that's disingenuous. Yeesh.

The centrist Dems seem really intent on A) Pinning the blame for the election on anyone but themselves and B) Framing the election as a referendum on racist ideology, which it really wasn't*.

Both points are ridiculous but the second one really bugs me because not only is it obviously wrong it's also counterproductive. Do they really think that Dems can win over new voters if their message is "If you don't agree with us you hate brown people and are a terrible person"? You can't shame or bully people into changing a vote for an R into a vote for a D. At best you'll just keep some of your own team from jumping ship (which is exactly what I think articles like this are trying to do). Jesus Christ, If Dems don't knock this poo poo off by 2020 then we're probably looking at an 8-year Trump presidency.

*No, really. Most of Trump's campaign was framed in terms of trade, jobs, terrorism/public safety, etc which is what a large number of his followers got behind in spite of his racism.

terrorism/public safety framing: not racist

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

sometimes i feel like they think being a loving NEOLIB is worse than being a racist

For real, neoliberalism is a scourge and our only hope is if we can make the democrats realign, but i have loving had it with the "so Trump wants to literally make a registry of a religious minority, and it's the democrats' fault for calling that racist, don't you see the midwest is hurting?"

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I'll never get the draw of Hamilton for as long as I live

Musicals in general trigger my sympathetic embarrassment reflex already

A corny-rear end rap musical about a founding father would make me either flee the theater immediately or curl into the fetal position in an attempt to vanish into thin air

Like no joke I don't think I'd last beyond the first stanza, I physically and psychologically can't tolerate that poo poo

https://twitter.com/ChrisCubas/status/800030465596026880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Octatonic posted:

For real, neoliberalism is a scourge and our only hope is if we can make the democrats realign, but i have loving had it with the "so Trump wants to literally make a registry of a religious minority, and it's the democrats' fault for calling that racist, don't you see the midwest is hurting?"

They've manages to cobble together an electoral majority legitimising terror and racism with their votes, if you don't start tearing apart their voter base based on what they care about now then welcome to constant election losses.

• Locked thread