Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
the shitstorm about this issue makes this election extra special

especially when they had chris christie deny that she plagiarized

but the fact that she said she wrote it with as little help as possible is suspect

also there was a rickroll in there, for serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
ok op

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Trump warned us about immigrants coming here to steal things.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
They used that special program to analyze the speech that high school teachers claim to have which alerted them of the plagiarism

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
euro trash

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
never heard of him

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Political speeches are important.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

is trump still eligable to run now?

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i slowly begin pooping

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Heres a time saver

melanie

"From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise, that you treat people with respect," Melania Trump said in her speech. "They taught and showed me morals in their daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to many generations to follow because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

michelle

"... Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you're going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't know them, and even if you don't agree with them," Obama said, according to a transcript. "And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them."

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they both copied it out of a encyclopedia

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
Because mo's parents were the first to ever say those words lol

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

never heard of him

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
In an even stranger twist, some on social media posited that Trump surreptitiously Rickrolled -- a common Internet meme involving singer Rick Astley -- everyone in the middle of her speech.
"He will never give up," she said of her husband. "And most importantly, he will never, ever let you down."

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

:shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
lol at the lamestream media

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

"I learned it from watching you, Don!"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
as if she had anything to do with writing the speech

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Mozi posted:

as if she had anything to do with writing the speech

Before the speech she bragged to Matt Lauer that she wrote it herself LOLOL

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i'd still bone her. PM me if you're reading this melania

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
she knows the rules, and so do i

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Traitor on the inside!

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
i think all michelle obama did was go around saying pizza isn't a vegetable so not a high bar on this position anyway good luck to the trump and his hot wife

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Is she even from a real country or one of those made up vaguely Eastern European ones they use in comics and cartoons?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I'm voting for trump because his wife is hotter than Hillary's

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

i think all michelle obama did was go around saying pizza isn't a vegetable so not a high bar on this position anyway good luck to the trump and his hot wife

ya if anything he should get credit for scoring such a hot lay imo

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

this is how you vote people, use your drat brain

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

Is she even from a real country or one of those made up vaguely Eastern European ones they use in comics and cartoons?

slovenchneia or something who gives a poo poo loot at that rack

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
I was trying to score a sick burn by finding this Daily Show montage I remember seeing which compared Obama's inauguration or election night speech to Bush's. Unfortunately I had to quit after watching 20 seconds of the Daily show. So just pretend you are seeing that now.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Yeah, but you're more likely to score with Bill than Melania.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
thanks obama

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

dad gay. so what posted:

slovenchneia or something who gives a poo poo loot at that rack

I really hope when im old as gently caress my young wife is as hot and dumb looking as slovenka trump

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
bill is no belle

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Shaquin posted:

this is how you vote people, use your drat brain

That was why I was on team Dennis Kucinich

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

I really hope when im old as gently caress my young wife is as hot and dumb looking as slovenka trump

all it takes is money

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hector Beerlioz posted:

she only looks decent because he is a loving leper gnome

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers - foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language."

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

dats a big wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Political speeches are important.

This but totes for real. Joe Biden got caught plagarizing decades ago and it cratered his presidental run back then.

Melania is not a candidate, but it still looks bad if only because they didn't immediately own up to it. There is no way she did it on her own, even if she says so. Manafort says she has some involvement and some help, the official apology says she had a team of writers; hell she herself is said to not have wanted to give a speech in the first place.

It is an amusing clusterfuck that, again, didn't need to happen. All the republicans had to do was say oops, we made a mistake.

*wait, republicans don't make mistakes divide by zero error*

• Locked thread