Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So uh, I watched the new one and it was pretty fun but can someone explain to me how the Beastie Boys made all the bees explode? My understanding was that it would just disrupt their communication and make them uncoordinated, not make them explode. Other than that I thought it was a decent way to blow a some of my free time.

I don't know whether my theatre just sucked though because a lot of scenes felt like they were too dark, visually; and some of the audio was mixed poorly. There were action scenes were I couldn't understand what people were yelling (Scotty, specifically) because LOUD STUFF IS HAPPENING

edit: I did think it was a step down from the first two. Easily the weakest, but still fun.

edit2: Sabotage is like top three of my favourite songs ever so even if the scene made no sense I still loved it

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Bardeh posted:

Idris Elba's character - easy enough to see the twist coming from a mile off

Really? I mean maybe, but I guess I missed something along the way or I wasn't thinking along a certain line because right up to the end I couldn't figure out what the gently caress G'Kar wanted other than what the Enterprise crew uncovered.

Aside form the lethalness of their ships I thought the villains were particularly uninspired. It still made for a fun romp but I had to come to terms with the fact that "yes, this isn't going to make much sense, just enjoy it"

Did they ever explain why Irdis' character looks like G'kar when he's presumably human? Like, is it supposed to be something with the energy sapping keeping him alive and it turns him into an alien weirdo along the way? And I guess the whole energy sapping thing just seemed so cheesy. He's human and now he can suddenly sap energy from living beings for some reason.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 23, 2016

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

They pretty explicitly show bla bla

Oh yeah, I guess they did. No, I remember seeing it, I guess I just didn't put two and two together.

That makes more sense now, thanks.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Also I guess I'm being kind of nitpicky but I'm guessing gasoline got super stabilized by whatever year this is, right? I enjoyed how the bike was in perfectly rideable condition with a tank of gas

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Apollodorus posted:

Well, it's a 2160s motorbike - probably doesn't run on gasoline like you and I know it.

Also true. I'm just bad at nitpicking lately I think.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Anyway, this just made me that much more excited for the upcoming Trek series.

Please don't suck.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mae posted:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the bad CGI. It looks like something from the late 90's.

"This new Trek game has some lousy graphi--wait that's the show?"

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they'll fix the production values but god drat the Discovery is ugly as poo poo. I don't care if it is based on original sketches, I'm going to wish massive hull breach destruction on her every week.

It looks like an uglier version of the old Klingon bird of prey.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

They'll probably write him out like "Wow Bones, I sure hope Chekov is having fun in Tahiti" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

General Dog posted:

It's a shame we had to abandon Checkov on Blowjob Planet

Is Risa even in the federation yet? :heysexy:

• Locked thread