Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Oh this is going to be good.

Visit ???, and our hero is Kazuya "Hero" Minegi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

We're still in the "introduce everyone" part of the game, where everyone tries to make a good first impression and the protagonists are willing to think the best of everyone until they prove otherwise.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

theshim posted:

We have met two of the best characters and one of the worst.

(I am also trying very hard not to make Overwatch references now.)

Hey, Haru's no Keisuke, but she's not that bad!

How Keisuke got a COMP was elaborated on in supplementary material. I thought it was a neat scene for both him and Naoya.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm gonna try to go all endings, including 8th day stuff. I can get 3DS screenshots fairly easily with my homebrew COMP 3DS XL, but I don't have precise control over my footage like I do with DS video recording. Still, it should be managable for the new stuff.

That's good to hear. The remake adds a lot. Although it does create inconsistencies as well (some actually good, some not).

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

At this stage in the game, Demon Tamers vs Border Guards is a rout in the guards' favor.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

Yuzu: the Explain Like I'm 5 of Devil Survivor.

I suspect this is another reason she's kind of disliked.

Then Devil Survivor 2 came out and we realized that we hadn't seen anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

And now we've been introduced to Honda and Mari.

Mari of course makes a good impression. Even though she hasn't seen any demon attacks, she's smart enough to know that civilization is breaking down.

Honda, we have much less of a read on. But his introduction, along with Gin and Kaido's scene bring up an interesting point: after a few days, won't everyone have picked up on what these COMPs really are?

For that matter, how many demons are active in the lockdown? If this were a full invasion, I would be expecting heavier casualties than we've seen. But I guess the COMPs and contracts are bottle-necking them so far.

• Locked thread