Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Weird that Dunne and Bate have a different team name when they've used the British Strong Style name in WWE previously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Weird that Dunne and Bate have a different team name when they've used the British Strong Style name in WWE previously.

Triple H is just setting up the next long-term story for Pete Dunne.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

People had to sit through two Smackdown? I guess the Saudi fed is cookin new torture devices

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
holy poo poo they remembered Odyssey Jones exists? what's next Xyon Quinn gets booked?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Matches announced for Impact tapings on Saturday:

-Mustafa Ali vs. Kevin Knight
-Dani Luna vs. Masha Slamovich
-Crazzy Steve vs. Rhino for the Digital Media Championship
-Jake Something vs. Laredo Kid
-Tasha Steelz vs. Xia Brookside

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

EVP Young Bucks (Matthew and Nicholas Jackson) defeat a local team
Mariah May defeats Anna Jay
Roderick Strong defeats Jake Hager
Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin & Action Andretti) win a triple threat over Private Party (Isiah Kassidy & Marq Quen) & Matt Sydal, and Bryan Keith, Penta El 0 Miedo & Komander

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Going to assume that Trent Seven owned the name

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ROH:
Abadon defeats Vert Vixen
Red Velvet defeats Leyla Hirsch in a women's TV title tournament match
Queen Aminata defeats Taya Valkyrie in a women's TV title tournament match
Komander defeats Blake Christian
Taiji Ishimori defeats Jacoby Watts
Lee Johnson defeats Mike Sydal
The Infantry (Carlie Bravo & Shawn Dean) win a fourway over WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & JD Drake), Spanish Announce Project (Angelico & Serpentico), and Gringo Loco & Jack Cartwheel
Johnny TV defeats Dalton Castle and wins control of the Boys (Brandon and Brent)

AEW Rampage:
Claudio Castagnoli defeats Rugido from CMLL
Lance Archer and the Righteous (Dutch and Vincent) win a trios match over locals
Riho defeats Trish Adora
Magnus from CMLL defeats Matt Sydal

TNA:
Steve Maclin defeats Speedball Mike Bailey. Postmatch Nic Nemeth appears on the tron from Japan and says he'll defend the IWGP Global title against Maclin at Sacrifice on March 8
Jake Something defeats Laredo Kid
AJ Francis and Deaner defeat Rich Swann and Joe Hendry
Mustafa Ali celebrates his X Division title win in a ceremony with security and the Good Hands (John Skyler and Jason Hotch). Chris Sabin attacks Ali but gets outnumbered until Intergalactic Jet Setters (KUSHIDA and Kevin Knight) make the save
Xia Brookside vs Tasha Steelz for #1 contendership to the Knockouts title ends in no contest. Postmatch Jordynne Grace says she'll defend against both in a triple threat at Sacrifice
The System (Moose, Brian Myers and Eddie Edwards) defeat Eric Young and Bullet Club (Ace Austin and Chris Bey)
Jodi Threat defeats Killer Kelly
Crazzy Steve defeats Rhino
Ali defeats Knight. Postmatch everyone brawls again, this time Alex Shelley comes out to finally help Sabin
Ash By Elegance squashes a local
Time Splitters defeat Good Hands
Josh Alexander defeats Dirty Dango
Dani Luna defeats Masha Slamovich
PCO defeats Alan Angels
The System attack Young but are chased off by Bullet Club
Trent Seven defeats Trey Miguel

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New Japan's biggest title being defended in TNA by the Lesser Nemeth against Steve Maclin? Geez

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Germansimp posted:

New Japan's biggest title being defended in TNA by the Lesser Nemeth against Steve Maclin? Geez

The global title isn't their biggest title. It's the rebadged United States title.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
what the gently caress is happening at the new japan office.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lamuella posted:

The global title isn't their biggest title. It's the rebadged United States title.

Right, I completely blanked on that and forgot that Naito is actually still the main champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

karmicknight posted:

what the gently caress is happening at the new japan office.

Downhill since COVID became off a cliff since December

All that needs to be said is "Dolph Ziggler was the best gaijin to win a New Japan title this week"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
as an ultranationalist ohioan who doesn't watch the product and hasn't for years, that is extremely meaningless.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rapist Matt Riddle also won a New Japan title this week

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
See now that is more fuel for the "what the gently caress is happening at et cetera" fire.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

karmicknight posted:

See now that is more fuel for the "what the gently caress is happening at et cetera" fire.

riddle beat the president of the company, hiroshi tanahashi, for it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Considering Nemeth already challenged Tanahashi can't say i'm worried about him losing the belt so soon

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Riho

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I wonder if the emergence of Riho is a sign that they're gonna do a battle royale or some other multiwoman match at Revolution. Julia might not be cleared so there's no obvious second women's match to put on the card, and they've had a bunch of different women's storylines going that aren't really at "Blowoff PPV match"-level yet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Riho here to carry the company yet again

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

xbilkis posted:

I wonder if the emergence of Riho is a sign that they're gonna do a battle royale or some other multiwoman match at Revolution. Julia might not be cleared so there's no obvious second women's match to put on the card, and they've had a bunch of different women's storylines going that aren't really at "Blowoff PPV match"-level yet

The cibernetico everyone has been clamoring for since the CMLL crew showed up is going to end up being Willow/Stat/Riho vs. Julia/Skye/Spooky Lady to be determined.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Second women's match at revolution?

Did you mean "Bowens vs Hobbs at Big Business?"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
AEW Collision for 3/2:

-Christian Cage, Killshot, Brian Cage, & Roderick Strong d. Orange Cassidy, Hook, Daniel Garcia, & Trent Beretta
-Mark Briscoe and Buddy Matthews brawled
-Dante Martin d. Penta El 0M and Bryan Keith
-Thunder Rosa d. Cassandra Golden
-Private Party d. Christopher Daniels & Matt Sydal with help from Jay Lethal and Jeff Jarrett
-Mariah May d. Angelica Risk
-Toni Storm and Deonna Purrazzo had a face to face ending with Marian May taking a piledriver
-Wardlow gets interviewed. Chris Jericho interrupts, gets beaten up by Powerhouse Hobbs
-The Acclaimed and Colten Gunn d. the Dark Order

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yeesh that main event is a real punt

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

On Wikipedia they're calling the big clusterfuck match a scramble match. Is it actually the cool and underused thing that WWE did that one time where the match lasts for X time and whoever gained the most recent fall is the winner or is it just a big clusterfuck normal 8 man match?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

IcePhoenix posted:

On Wikipedia they're calling the big clusterfuck match a scramble match. Is it actually the cool and underused thing that WWE did that one time where the match lasts for X time and whoever gained the most recent fall is the winner or is it just a big clusterfuck normal 8 man match?

It's definitely gonna be a big clusterfuck match in which someone just breaks out tables and chairs and the commentary booth has to say "I guess this match is no DQ"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its just a multiman, its not the weird Interim Winner Until Timer Runs Out gimmick

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Joey Janela on the phone, suing over the Clusterfuck

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Before Rampage Tony Khan teased that Okada and the new Elite will be in action on Collision :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Collision's getting taped tomorrow. Matches announced so far are:

Shane Taylor vs Bryan Danielson
Mariah May vs Trish Adora
The Elite (Matthew and Nicholas Jackson and Kazuchika Okada) in a match
Titan vs Chris Jericho
House of Black (Malakai Black, Brody King and Buddy Matthews) vs Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal and Mark Briscoe in a street fight

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 7, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rampage:

Best Friends (Orange Cassidy and Trent Beretta) defeat Kip Sabian and the Butcher
Julia Hart retains the TBS title over Robyn Renegade in a House Rules match; Robyn's chosen stipulation was banning top rope moves from the match
Penta el Zero Miedo defeats Action Andretti
Top Flight (Dante & Darius Martin) win a triple threat over Private Party (Isiah Kassidy & Marq Quen) and Bryan Keith & Komander

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2 posted:

Julia Hart retains the TBS title over Robyn Renegade in a House Rules match; Robyn's chosen stipulation was banning top rope moves from the match

Hold on...

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Looked like Kip got injured during the Rampage match. Match kinda fell apart trying to figure out a new finish, doctor was out there and helped him walk to the back. TK also came out to check on him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lid posted:

Hold on...

Julia uses the moonsault so it was basically banning that. But she also has her wacky submission hold.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gaz-L posted:

Julia uses the moonsault so it was basically banning that. But she also has her wacky submission hold.

I ban this match from having high spots is some Bill Watts poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Do you think they're called "high spots" because you go up High to do them

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

You have to be high on drugs to enjoy them

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Announced matches for Impact tapings on Saturday:

-Mustafa Ali vs. Chris Sabin for the X-Division Championship
-Nic Nemeth, "Speedball" Mike Bailey, and Trent Seven vs. Steve Maclin and the Rascalz
-Time Splitters vs. Grizzled Young Veterans
-Leon Slater vs. Sheldon Jean (Slater's full-time debut match)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Collision main event: House of Black won the Atlanta street fight after putting Mark Briscoe through a flaming table