Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Squalitude posted:

They'll probably do something very sensible like have a ref bump followed by Dana Brooke coming in and hitting her finisher.

Dana Brooke has a finisher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

This implies they would ever give Becky that big a push

Someone has to take the pinfall in that match.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Infected posted:

Dana Brooke has a finisher?

I assume it consists of her botching her opponent into submission.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I sure hope the Sasha/Charlotte match ends in the title not changing hands, because that's going to go over quite awfully

Unless sasha is one of the rumored wellness policy violators, in which case :laffo:

Also Finn winning is cool, and Dolph not winning is even cooler. Congrats, Foochs, my "I still like dean" post-trainwreck vs. Jericho has nothing on you

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

GeneX posted:

I sure hope the Sasha/Charlotte match ends in the title not changing hands, because that's going to go over quite awfully

Unless sasha is one of the rumored wellness policy violators, in which case :laffo:

I saw some completely unsourced remark somewhere that it was Charlotte who popped in which case there's no way that belt is changing hands unless they want to contrive Bayley/Sasha while keeping it as a face/face match via a vacated title.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

But yeah, Rusev will win, so does this mean Roman's been popped again?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Also Finn winning is cool, and Dolph not winning is even cooler. Congrats, Foochs, my "I still like dean" post-trainwreck vs. Jericho has nothing on you

Thaaaaannnks....?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

This implies they would ever give Becky that big a push

she's positioned as the top babyface on the smackdown side of things

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If Roman popped again that's the end of him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Teddybear posted:

If Roman popped again that's the end of him.

If he wins the US title it'll keep him from being shot back into the main event.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet it's something like Charlotte pins Sasha through some Dana fuckery, but then Mick comes out and says she's banned so orders the match restarted, and then Sasha wins.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thaaaaannnks....?

My phrasing was poor.

I made a post saying "I still like Dean" after the asylum match, which had turned a whole lot of people against him, but my tepid enjoyment of the guy is/was nothing compared to your frankly incredible love of Dean.

So in lieu of congratulating dean, I'm congratulating you.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Benne posted:

I bet it's something like Charlotte pins Sasha through some Dana fuckery, but then Mick comes out and says she's banned so orders the match restarted, and then Sasha wins.

Bets only apply to the final result, so if the did a restart they would still count as a Sasha win.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Welp. I was afraid this was the reason why from the moment Brock/Orton was rumored to main event, and

welp

Goldberg's still in town, even after fulfilling his promo obligations for 2K17

ed: Update it was actually a worse ending than this lol

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 22, 2016

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I didn't know WWE betting was a thing, does anyone here bet on Vegas underdogs for scripted programming?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Chris James 2 posted:

Welp. I was afraid this was the reason why from the moment Brock/Orton was rumored to main event, and

welp

Goldberg's still in town, even after fulfilling his promo obligations for 2K17

yesssssssssssssssssss

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Power of Pecota posted:

I didn't know WWE betting was a thing, does anyone here bet on Vegas underdogs for scripted programming?

If you follow it, the Vegas underdogs will commonly become heavy favorites within the last hour or so before a show when all the "smart" money comes in. This is also the reason that they put a limit on how much you can bet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

spoiler brock is going to be suspended indefinitely again for doing what he did to go have more ufc fights

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ill take that bet

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i meant to say mma and said ufc instead because of powerful Branding. but also i dont believe that either really so lets just have some good posts instead of the bad ones from myself. babys

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Any notes on the ROH tapings from Saturday as they build to ASE?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/08/21/roh-082016-death-before-dishonor-tv-taping-results-spoilers/

Check out ROH's youtube for the post-event breakdown where it looks like the main of ASE will be Elgin/Cole for the title. Also looking like there may be a Naito/Lethal match at some point which should be really good. Looking forward to a bunch of Fish/Shibata matches as well, but the next challenger is Dijak from the DBD 4 way.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 22, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT tapings ongoing right now

quote:

- Tom Phillips and Corey Graves are still the commentary team.

- Daria def. Billie Kay with a triangle. This was a dark match.

- Tye Dillinger def. Buddy Murphy.

- There was a backstage interview with Tommaso Chiampa that led to a brawl when The Revival beat him down out into the ring.

- Steve Cutler def. Kenneth Crawford.

- No Way Jose def. Angelo Dawkins.

- Liv Morgan def. Aliyah, though there was nothing but criticism for her finish. Aliyah was rocking some new gear and had different entrance music.

- Shinsuke Nakamura showed up to cut a promo saying he was still hurting from his match with Samoa Joe at Takeover: Brooklyn II but he's champion now and the era of Strong Style has begun.

- Asuka squashed Danielle Kamela in the latter's debut. By squashed I mean she had the Asuka Lock and tap within the first 10 seconds.

- TM 61 def. Tony Nese & Daivari.

- Ember Moon def. Leah Vaughn.

- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Steve Cutler. Samoa Joe was on commentary for this and he bailed in a huff after the match.

- Austin Aries def. Andrade Almas in a long match. No suspenders, though!

- Oney Lorcan def. Tino Sabbatelli with a half crab.

- Samoa Joe showed up to cut a promo. He called out Shinsuke Nakamura and said he wanted his rematch. The champ agreed. Then Joe beat him down. They threw up the "X" and Nakamura did a stretcher job, with William Regal and Corey Graves out to check on him while he was being loaded up.

- Liv Morgan def. Rachael Ellering and cut a promo after calling out Asuka.

- Hideo Itami def. Drew Gulak with, yes, the GTS.

- Authors of Pain def. Local athletes in a squash.

- Bobby Roode def. No Way Jose. They gave him another big entrance, this time with a platform.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 26, 2016

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
gently caress yea drew gulak

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?
also of note about Mr. Roode is he used a different finisher.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
spoilers don't note it but his platform spins.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Xenoletum posted:

spoilers don't note it but his platform spins.

I didn't think it was possible to top his entrance in Brooklyn but apparently I was wrong!

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

TheBestAtWrestling posted:

also of note about Mr. Roode is he used a different finisher.

What was it?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Happy to see Leah Vaughan the former Leah Von Dutch show up on the radar again. I thought she was transition out of Wrestling about a year ago. But since then she went back to Wrestling training and essentially got retrained, went on a long tour with STARDOM and is about tour Europe.

Surprised there was no Dusty Classic.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

rovert posted:

Happy to see Leah Vaughan the former Leah Von Dutch show up on the radar again. I thought she was transition out of Wrestling about a year ago. But since then she went back to Wrestling training and essentially got retrained, went on a long tour with STARDOM and is about tour Europe.

I saw her squash Crazy Mary Dobson at a Ring of Honor show at the end of last October. It was a decent enough match. Glad she's not dead.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This isn't a SPOILER more what I've been told by reliable people. I don't want spoil anyone's fun in the NXT thread. But I've been told that Sanity is Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton.

So no Tommy End, Big Damo or Crazy Mary Dobson.

Sanity was a faction originally planned for Solomon before he quit apparently.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
They look like huge losers and should feel bad

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I want tommy end to come in and do a poo poo load of jumping knees to their dumb faces.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That poo poo better die on the house shows before it ever gets to my TV

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

rovert posted:

This isn't a SPOILER more what I've been told by reliable people. I don't want spoil anyone's fun in the NXT thread. But I've been told that Sanity is Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe and Sawyer Fulton.

Sawyer Fulton has had like a million gimmicks and Im guessing this is his final chance before they can him so Im fine with it I guess

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Perhaps they want some breathing room with the CWC still going on? That and hope they can get the Bucks when their contracts run out in December?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

rovert posted:

If it's anything like their house show act, they fight each other as much as their opponents. Wacky!

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I am completely blanking on who Sawyer Fulton is or what he looks like. I know he's one of the performance center job crew, but every time I think I've got a handle on what we might look like, I realize it's someone else. Has he had any notable squashes or attempted pushes?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

So is Mary living a Pondoless lifestyle now? She's getting a hell of a lot of work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sanity is still only like the 8th or 9th-dumbest gimmick Eric Young has had in his career.