Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There's been several people ruined on the night of their debut, it's definitely not a record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

If Jinder's hurt, do they just have AJ roll over him as quick as the Singhs? Or do you risk him getting hurt worse by trying to actually have a real match?

Depends on where and how bad he's hurt (I think it's his shoulder?). You have the Singhs there to take bumps for him and this is AJ we're talking about, he'd be pretty safe with him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

flatluigi posted:

There's been several people ruined on the night of their debut, it's definitely not a record.

Including Asuka according to at least a half dozen posters here.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Including Asuka according to at least a half dozen posters here.

It was, admittedly, weird to see them advertise her for TLC and no-show but I think we can all agree her debut this past Monday was great and that doing it with a squash was the right call, making it worth the wait. That attire her opponent had looked familiar, but I can't quite recall from where or whom

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Not as weird as having a qualifying match to face her that nobody won.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ha, I didn't actually see her squash match. The Emma-like gear is pretty good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I don't know what creative plans to do. Like I said, apparently they want to use her for something, but aren't sure what. If they want to quickly rehab her, the best choice would be to put the RAW Womens Title on her before Survivor Series (it wont happen though), and have her decimate Natalya. Alexa's reign is completely out of control now. And not in a good way.

The other choice is having her squash Lana or something, since she doesn't have a match either. As for post Survivor Series, there was talk about having her enter a program with Sasha Banks, although that would probably do more harm than good. Regardless, RAW has a long time before their next brand exclusive PPV after Survivor Series (February, according to the latest road dates). That's assuming they don't add in Roadblock or something in December. Although adding a PPV now would probably be a sketchy idea.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Nov 3, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Jumping into a Sasha feud would be a big mistake. I really think the best thing for those two is delay it for a few months with Asuka holding on to the title. If Sasha wins the title off Asuka, their rematch could be electric. Sasha hoping to finally defend her title, and Asuka out for revenge for Sasha ending her streak. It's an easy and obvious main event kind of match.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I remember seeing some speculation they might add a PPV in Canada in December, but I don't remember if there was anything reliable behind that.

With Clash of Champions on the 17th though it could really only be the 3rd, and we'd have had an announcement by now if that was happening I would think.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

I remember seeing some speculation they might add a PPV in Canada in December, but I don't remember if there was anything reliable behind that.

With Clash of Champions on the 17th though it could really only be the 3rd, and we'd have had an announcement by now if that was happening I would think.

What's wrong with having it on the 31st? Y'know, besides the fact that you'd be making the Raw crew work Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's day but they obviously don't give two shits about that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

What's wrong with having it on the 31st? Y'know, besides the fact that you'd be making the Raw crew work Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's day but they obviously don't give two shits about that.

Well I was thinking that's too close to February, but apparently they ran Extreme Rules and GBOF only a month apart.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Well I was thinking that's too close to February, but apparently they ran Extreme Rules and GBOF only a month apart.

You mean January? A Raw PPV on December 31st into the Rumble on the 28th is fairly standard for how they do things now, I think. Usually they'll leave a month between the branded shows and the Big 4 shows, which is what always leads to SmackDown having to doing pseudo-PPV episodes on TV like Wild Card Finals and Sin City Smackdown.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I saw Jinder wrestle AJ at a house show on Monday and he wrestled 10 minutes fine with his shoulder. It seems to be getting better if anything.

Also, the Singh Brothers interfered but because it was non-title AJ was able to magically repel their interference.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

You mean January? A Raw PPV on December 31st into the Rumble on the 28th is fairly standard for how they do things now, I think. Usually they'll leave a month between the branded shows and the Big 4 shows, which is what always leads to SmackDown having to doing pseudo-PPV episodes on TV like Wild Card Finals and Sin City Smackdown.

No, I meant that New Year's Eve might be too close to whatever Raw's February PPV will be. 6 weeks or so.

But like said they've done less than that plenty of times, so I was off.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Squashing Tamina might be cool too. Getting a quick, decisive win over her would be as good or better than doing it with Lana, or she could just kill them both.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I don't think they need to be too worried about Asuka not being on the card. Just have her come out and destroy the 2-3 survivors of whichever team won. Or if they wanted to ruin her, they could just have Carmella come out and have Asuka murder Ellsworth.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect Sami Callihan and Elgin to be a World Tag League team.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the midwestern wrecking crew sounds alright

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What Cobb, Jay and Juice are doing has given me a headache. I personally believe it will be Cobb and Juice.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Isn't Sami also wrestling for TNA? Would that conflict with the TNA/NOAH partnership? Or is TNA trying to get on NJPW's good side?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I question if anyone gives a poo poo about maintaining a relationship with TNA

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Isn't Sami also wrestling for TNA? Would that conflict with the TNA/NOAH partnership? Or is TNA trying to get on NJPW's good side?

He's just a warm body in a minor tournament so it seems. I wouldn't really take much notice. Also, he's hooked up a few New Japan wrestlers with US bookings so this is just payback I guess.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And TNA have been trying to rebuild the bridges they burned with New Japan. Dave even noted that D'amore apologised to Okada personally for how poorly he was treated.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

And TNA have been trying to rebuild the bridges they burned with New Japan. Dave even noted that D'amore apologised to Okada personally for how poorly he was treated.

Yeah, although last I read from PWInsider, NJPW blew them off/didn't take them seriously. And I don't blame them either. TNA/GFW/Whatever the gently caress they are named now is an incredibly toxic wrestling company to be associating yourself with.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

rovert posted:

What Cobb, Jay and Juice are doing has given me a headache. I personally believe it will be Cobb and Juice.

Juice won't be with Tanahashi? Seems like they've tagged quite a bit this year after being a team in last year's tag league.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Price Check posted:

Juice won't be with Tanahashi? Seems like they've tagged quite a bit this year after being a team in last year's tag league.

He's been teaming with Ibushi consistently on the current tour...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Tanahashi punching his former friend in the dick was a highlight of the road to power struggle tour

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

solution: asuka should pin jinder

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Endorph posted:

solution: asuka should pin jinder

Then she can pin Tanahashi. Brilliant.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I don't know what creative plans to do. Like I said, apparently they want to use her for something, but aren't sure what. If they want to quickly rehab her, the best choice would be to put the RAW Womens Title on her before Survivor Series (it wont happen though), and have her decimate Natalya. Alexa's reign is completely out of control now. And not in a good way.

The other choice is having her squash Lana or something, since she doesn't have a match either. As for post Survivor Series, there was talk about having her enter a program with Sasha Banks, although that would probably do more harm than good. Regardless, RAW has a long time before their next brand exclusive PPV after Survivor Series (February, according to the latest road dates). That's assuming they don't add in Roadblock or something in December. Although adding a PPV now would probably be a sketchy idea.

But they don't call anyone up from developmental without a 6 month plan???

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

HerraS posted:

it is in fact super cool and not weird at all that rovert is held to a higher standard of posting yet the fifteen people who constantly dogpile him every time he posts arent even told to shut the gently caress up

I gave up tho

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Price Check posted:

To my understanding, Tanahashi is taking now until WK off to recover.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting that Roman Reigns may not be ready in time for Survivor Series. If that's the case, then the person who will be replacing him on the Survivor Series team will be...

Jason Jordan. I'm not joking either.

:psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I also saw that apparently Vince's rule is that Raw must win 3-2.

Smackdown women are winning, so that's 1.

Probably not Nattie because then the only wins would be the women and that's burying the show a bit too much.

Probably not the men either because then that's burying Raw's non-champs.

Corbin would be my pick because the Miz can afford a loss.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nakamura won't be pinned clean. Surely there'll be a Zayn run-in to set up Zayn/Nakamura II at CoC...? (Surely?)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE RAW Manchester results so far:

Crowd is apparently incredibly hot tonight

- Kurt Angle sets up Miz vs Braun tonight

- Jason Jordan def. Elias Sampson

- Asuka def. local jobber (unfortunately, there are reports of the crowd dying, and some people starting a WE WANT EMMA chant in response to Asuka's match)

- Joe jumps Titus, cuts a promo, and then Balor comes out and does stuff.

- Angle announces Balor and Joe as members of Team RAW.

- Jason Jordan gets added to Team RAW, to a chorus of boos.

- Asuka was added to the RAW Womens Team.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 6, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The local jobber was Isla Dawn. Splits time between the UK and Florida as she's the girlfriend of Alistair Black.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

- Asuka def. local jobber (unfortunately, there are reports of the crowd dying, and some people starting a WE WANT EMMA chant in response to Asuka's match)

It at least took them like a year to kill Bayley. Jesus christ.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

It at least took them like a year to kill Bayley. Jesus christ.

I don't expect the chants to make it through for when it airs tonight, however. WWE is most likely going to mute the crowd or pipe in cheers. Also the chant has been going on through the night as well, according to other reports. It only became somewhat noticeable during the Asuka match, and it was only done by a few loud people.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

lmfao yessssssssssssss