Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm shocked there are people who will still hire Low Ki tyool 2018.

Hey, he won't give you trouble if you book him to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so wait that doesn't air until after this battle riot thing next week? or is battle riot not airing live

either way i guess the people going to battle riot would all be smarky enough to be following on twitter or whatever so i guess it doesnt matter

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Hey, he won't give you trouble if you book him to win.
Yeah but you have to either book him as champion forever or book him to lose to his bff Homicide or he'll get pissy

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He jobbed to local indy guy Bobby Wayward when he was here. After beating the crap out of him for like ten minutes and then there was a rollup, but still

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Low ki rules, And always will

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

He jobbed to local indy guy Bobby Wayward when he was here. After beating the crap out of him for like ten minutes and then there was a rollup, but still

Is his finisher called Wayward Son?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

One thing's for sure: There'll be peace when he is done

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh, looks like I crossed rear end in a top hat wrestlers, it was Teddy Hart who lost to Wayward, not Low Ki

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Extreme Rules betting odds as of this fine Saturday evening:

Alexa Bliss: -300
Nia Jax: +220

AJ Styles: -1050
Rusev: +550

Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt: -260
The B-Team: +180

Carmella: +110
Asuka: -150

Bludgeon Brothers: -195
Hell No: +155

Dolph Ziggler: +110
Seth Rollins: -150

Roman Reigns: -165
Bobby Lashley: +125

Jeff Hardy: +210
Shinsuke Nakamura: -290

Finn Balor: -140
Baron Corbin: +100

Braun Strowman: -600
Kevin Owens: +400

And for the hell of it, have some of the more interesting prop bets:

Both Women's Titles to change hands at Extreme Rules: +300
1+ Title to change hands at Extreme Rules: -300
2+ Titles to change hands at Extreme Rules: -120
7+ Titles to change hands at Extreme Rules: +20000
Brock Lesnar to appear in person at the venue: +200

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 14, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...oh gently caress Brock's gonna run in on the Lashley/Roman match (which will be the main because of it) and we won't get a finish, so they'll do a loving three-way at Summerslam.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

...oh gently caress Brock's gonna run in on the Lashley/Roman match (which will be the main because of it) and we won't get a finish, so they'll do a loving three-way at Summerslam.

I've been speculating that with a friend at work. Then Roman wins and Braun brings down the briefcase. So then you get Roman chasing until Mania.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt: -260
Nia Jax: +180

Nice to see Matt and Bray favored here.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I sincerely hope Brock wins and it’s a total squash, regardless of who he wrestles.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Rusev will never get the strap. I accepted this years ago.

fart blood posted:

I sincerely hope Brock wins and it’s a total squash, regardless of who he wrestles.

I hope he never loses it ever just to piss off smarks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I want them to be dumb enough to let his contract lapse while he's the champion.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My biggest concern is long term, how are they going to gently caress up Braun Strowman. Right now I think he's the most sure fire lightning in the can thing they have (it'll sadly never be Daniel Bryan even if he is that). They should be able to get 10 years out of him at the top at a minimum.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

I hope he never loses it ever just to piss off smarks.

Smarks should be smart enough to know his contract.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gatts posted:

My biggest concern is long term, how are they going to gently caress up Braun Strowman. Right now I think he's the most sure fire lightning in the can thing they have (it'll sadly never be Daniel Bryan even if he is that). They should be able to get 10 years out of him at the top at a minimum.

They just had him push a toilet off the stage. You ruin him by showing Vince he can do funny, and they've done it and are starting to.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Braun is eventually going to be watered down like to Big Show and that totally sucks.

bartok
May 10, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

Braun is eventually going to be watered down like to Big Show and that totally sucks.

How long until this is Braun?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

2020 at most.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Braun is so much less over than he was in 2017, they've basically spent all of 2018 so far diluting the gently caress out of him.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Braun is so much less over than he was in 2017, they've basically spent all of 2018 so far diluting the gently caress out of him.

The tag team stuff was probably the biggest factor for this and worse than anything else tbh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Carmella: +110
Asuka: -150

i havent been watching but this is the match with the shark cage right? usually in wwe, shark cage matches typically end with heel winners

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

The tag team stuff was probably the biggest factor for this and worse than anything else tbh

Him doing the loving breather match at Wrestlemania is obviously stupid as poo poo, but he did absolutely nothing between Mania and MitB. At Backlash, he was in a totally nothing tag match (unless you're counting that too) where he slammed Sami and Owens around again and again to less and less of a reaction.

I think people have realized he's the funny meme monster roar man now and he's not getting the belt.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i havent been watching but this is the match with the shark cage right? usually in wwe, shark cage matches typically end with heel winners

Smart money hasn't come in yet. Won't come in until tomorrow. And I can only think of one instance where the shark cage stip actually benefited the person it was meant to help. And that was Big rear end vs Big Show. Enzo was in the shark cage, got out, ate a big boot. Big Cass went on to win the match anyways. The general consensus I've seen regarding the shark cage match tomorrow is it will either end with Asuka getting screwed again (James will drop the hairspray down to Carmella, who will use it on Asuka), or he'll inadvertently cost Carmella the match. Either way, unless WWE plans to crown Asuka at Summerslam (which doesn't seem likely since they are building Becky up), tomorrow is her last chance.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 15, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I think people have realized he's the funny meme monster roar man now and he's not getting the belt.

As much as I think he'll fail a cash-in, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him the belt

I would be surprised if they gave him the belt and his reign was noteworthy at all or anything but obvious filler placement for the next thing they plan on doing with Reigns chasing the belt. Which, idk if that's worse than just not giving him the belt to begin with

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Christ, the WWE has no loving idea how to book women without reducing them to a sideshow, do they

still can’t get over the fact that they thought it was a good idea to put Carmella, the worst wrestler in the division, over Charlotte, the second-best wrestler in the division, clean, on a pay-per-view. Charlotte, who had that massive PPV winning streak and was literally promoted as the Queen of PPV during her title runs. (Until she lost to Bayley, who should’ve been DQed when Sasha ran in on Charlotte in the middle of their match, but that doesn’t mean a thing now.)

Why was it a good idea to end Asuka’s streak again?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who do they know how to book

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Storyline what was the reason for Braun choosing the kid as a tag partner? That poo poo was dumb as gently caress.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Venomous posted:

Christ, the WWE has no loving idea how to book women without reducing them to a sideshow, do they

still can’t get over the fact that they thought it was a good idea to put Carmella, the worst wrestler in the division, over Charlotte, the second-best wrestler in the division, clean, on a pay-per-view. Charlotte, who had that massive PPV winning streak and was literally promoted as the Queen of PPV during her title runs. (Until she lost to Bayley, who should’ve been DQed when Sasha ran in on Charlotte in the middle of their match, but that doesn’t mean a thing now.)

Why was it a good idea to end Asuka’s streak again?

And I quote: "Because it would open up Asuka to more interesting storylines. And her matches wouldn't be so predictable." ~Several posters on this very subforum

And yeah, Carmella is easily one of the worst workers in the division, but hey she's blond which is good enough for Kevin Dunn and Vince, who probably want to go back to the divas era.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I’m still glad Asuka lost.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

Storyline what was the reason for Braun choosing the kid as a tag partner? That poo poo was dumb as gently caress.

Braun won a #1 contendership tag team battle royal by himself, but IIRC Angle wouldn't let him compete for the tag titles 2v1 so he just grabbed a rando out of the crowd for the sake of getting the tag title match.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

Fans turned him face so he’s an idiot now.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

oldskool posted:

Braun won a #1 contendership tag team battle royal by himself, but IIRC Angle wouldn't let him compete for the tag titles 2v1 so he just grabbed a rando out of the crowd for the sake of getting the tag title match.

That’s dumb just choose Big Show or preferably Sid.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

who do they know how to book

I mean yeah but considering men have a disproportionate amount of airtime on Raw and Smackdown compared to women (which is why the Raw Breakdown Project exists), they at least have the illusion of competency in their booking to the casual viewer compared to how women are booked, especially when you compare the gulf in booking quality between the women’s divisions on NXT and on the main roster

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

That’s dumb just choose Big Show or preferably Sid.

Minoru Suzuki was there.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Billy Gunn should have been Braun's partner.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

And I quote: "Because it would open up Goldberg to more interesting storylines. And his matches wouldn't be so predictable." ~Kevin Nash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

And I quote: "Because it would open up Asuka to more interesting storylines. And her matches wouldn't be so predictable." ~Several posters on this very subforum

This very subforum hates WWE yet still watches every week so consider the source.