Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

At a guess, they don’t do tournaments because in tournaments, wins and losses matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince thinks of tournaments as embarrassing little kid things. he played a bit of sport as a child, and that was the only time a tournament entered his personal life. he does not watch professional sports. his experience is why they did those kung fu fighters toy tournaments and stuff just before the attitude era really kicked in. he was talked into doing brawl for all and it was a horrible mess. king of the ring was a playful meaningless thing the entire time it existed and the only big thing that has come of it was something that had nothing to do with the tournament itself. he was glad to scrub it out. as for any other tournaments such as the one in wrestlemania 4 or the survivor series one, or random one night tournaments, or tag tournaments and so on, stop talking to me.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

At a guess, they don’t do tournaments because in tournaments, wins and losses matter

But they do. They just call them something else.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So in looking at the tapings, A-Kid has signed with the WWE?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

So in looking at the tapings, A-Kid has signed with the WWE?

It looks like he was just used as enhancement talent for the tapings. Thought I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a tryout match or something before the fans came in.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The_Rob posted:

I got ya. Tournament really is the funniest one. What is their logic on that one again?

Vince is a senile old weirdo. That's it really.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

The irony to this is that when they do #1 contender tournaments, it is usually one of the few things main roster booking is really good at. It might not reach the highs of the NXT/developmental tournaments, but whenever there is a tag tournament it makes tag booking actually work.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

being called Imperium is a hell of a lot better than being called THE VIKING EXPERIENCE so

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HerraS posted:

being called Imperium is a hell of a lot better than being called THE VIKING EXPERIENCE so

They'll get called up as The European Experience

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

theyll be called the Blitzkrieg Express and Asuka will join them and dress like a nazi again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
the Axisperience

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

It looks like he was just used as enhancement talent for the tapings. Thought I wouldn’t be surprised if he did a tryout match or something before the fans came in.

The taped match was 100% squash. I don't think Team WhiteWolf got a single bit of offence in.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1121885077363990528

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

6 fantastic wrestlers and 1 garbage nazi off in the corner

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
That’s a good rear end lineup

Well, other than, you know

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
too bad the nazi is obviously going to win

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

flatluigi posted:

too bad the nazi is obviously going to win

Which one

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I really don't want to see Rey get probably hosed up from this. They should replace him with Sami, or Handsome Rusev.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want to clear up that drew mcintyre may be a nazi but only the wrestler. the poster is a buddhist and that tattoo is called a manji

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Cavauro posted:

i want to clear up that drew mcintyre may be a nazi but only the wrestler. the poster is a buddhist and that tattoo is called a manji

the second nazi on that poster is Papa John

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cesaro's gotta get the win here, right?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

likelihood of winning:
drew
andrade (big deal, fairly quick)
lars
aleister
ricochet
rey
cesaro

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

That’s a good rear end lineup

Well, other than, you know

The last ladder match he was in got 5 stars from Dave.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Got some hot scoops for the Spoiler Thread!

Nikki's team beats Brie's team next week on Double Dare

https://twitter.com/WRESTLEZONEcom/status/1121850778954752007

I've seen zero promotion for this... but they do air opposite of Raw and SD next Monday and Tuesday at 9pm and 9:30pm EST.

I'm always surprised when they air stuff like this to compete with their own shows. Like airing Total Bellas/Divas during a PPV on Sunday night

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

that line up will probably change three or four times.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

TV Zombie posted:

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://i.redd.it/j8xh41t2xqu21.jpg

Women's MITB participants leaked.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i guess carmella is winning again

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Why does the men's match have 7 participants while the women's match has 8?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jubs posted:

Why does the men's match have 7 participants while the women's match has 8?

We know this is old marketing material because Sasha is still in the picture so maybe they hadn't decided on an 8th for the men whenever this was made

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TV Zombie posted:

Money in the Swiss Bank Account

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

mcintyres gonna win and laffo at loving tamina being in the mitb match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

The last ladder match he was in got 5 stars from Dave.

Hope Dave doesn't fall for the obvious bait this time and give him another one

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Mandy/Sonya probably aren't in the Women's tag match after all?

I assume Mandy would be taking Sasha's spot if they stick with 8.

And Alexa's not doing anything again.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Aphrodite posted:

So Mandy/Sonya probably aren't in the Women's tag match after all?

I assume Mandy would be taking Sasha's spot if they stick with 8.

And Alexa's not doing anything again.

They'll probably replace Sasha with someone from Raw so they can have 4 from Raw and 4 from SD.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1122230698239123456

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm tired of ladder matches in general and I'm really sick of clusterfuck ladder matches with like 20 people in them, of whom maybe 2 or 3 have a credible shot at winning.

You can cut that women's field in half and lose absolutely nothing, in fact you will significantly improve the match. Who is asking for this?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah they drove ladder matches into the ground

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah they drove ladder matches into the ground

The problem is WWE turned match stipulations like ladder, Hell in a Cell, etc into meaning nothing due to them making them into PPVs. Traditionally you would bring out a gimmick match when a feud reached a point where such a match deserved it. Now it is, "Well, since the TLC PPV is coming up our match is now TLC." It is stupid, it means nothing to the viewer and belittles the feud and the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

The RR and SvS should be the only gimmick PPVs.