Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Sting physically able to have a good match at this point? The comparison of Edge to Paige is interesting because I thought that the notion was that she absolutely could not have do another bump in the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Probably not, but he wasn't really before either.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Is Sting physically able to have a good match at this point?

“Good match” is irrelevant because if he comes back it’s 1) almost certainly against Taker and 2) probably in Saudi

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Here's a spoiler for you: Sting's winning the Rumble and facing the Fiend at Wrestlemania. Observe that brother!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cavauro posted:

i think having elsworth show up and enter it would be slightly worse due to him being a pedophile. even though he doesn't pretend to be a woman when he's not, and make a joke out of it that way, he still made a joke out of womens competition, and he tried to have sex with at least one child, which is one of the top 2 worst things anyone can do most likely

Its not quite "pedophile" but for whatever its worth Santino made waves because he was wiht Impact at the start of Tessa's main event push and had all kinds of terrible opinions about women's wrestling, intergender wrestler, and trans people. Given that (especially the latter) I could see why Santina would seem especially bad to some.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider notes:

Santino is in the area

Women’s Rumble specifics (Santina could be in it btw):

I’m sorry

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They're going to RR2000 the ending obviously. 20 years is long enough that it'll feel fresh again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I did a good job at staying away from rumors, but I enjoy going back and seeing what was right and wrong. Gere is what I found

Royal Rumble Rumor Roundup:

Real:
-MVP Returns (leaked photo), (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Molly Holly, Mercedes Martinez, Shayna Baszler returning (PWInsider)
-Edge returning (Meltzer?)
-Santino/Santina in the area (PWInsider)
-No Becky or Asuka in Rumble (PWInsider)
-Naomi returns (Rumors?)
-Bianca Belair will have a strong showing (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Otis will save mandy during a spot (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Beth Phoenix returns (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Shotzi Blackheart in rumble (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Charlotte and Drew winning (Betting odds 30 minutes into Preshow)

Fake:
-Mens match rundown with Kane as the winner (faked leaked photo)
-Ronda returning (Speculation from Natalya’s Twitter)
-Kane in men’s match (PWInsider)
-Ruby’s in the area (PWInsider)
-Shayna in Rumble at #11 (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Michelle McCool returns? (Reddit user SlingshotDDT)
-Victoria/Ric Flair/Dominick Mysterio/Mark Henry/Christian (Spotted in Houston)
-Shayna and Roman winning because it’s totally obvious (Something Awful forums)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Post Rumble notes from Dave:

Cain was never planned for the rumble
Edge is wrestling Orton
MVP’s back for a couple more shows
Reigns/Fiend at Mania

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad WWE is putting Edge in a spot that leaves me with the absolute minimum amount of temptation for me to watch

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre
Roman Reigns vs. The Fiend
Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch
Randy Orton vs. Edge

The only match on there that really interests me is also most likely going to be the shortest. This is going to be dire.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I expect like half of those matches to not happen though. Plans will change, someone will get injured...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol Edge vs Orton

Brock vs Drew might be good if Brock decides he's worthy of a match instead of a squash

Wendell
May 11, 2003

It’s insanely boring for Edge to face Orton, but I imagine he wanted someone he knows and trusts not to hurt him.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Edge and Orton will have a good build. They both can talk and the fans will go nuts for them.

Putting edge up against people like Rollins or AJ wouldn't actually be as good as people assume. The match is probably going to be underwhelming due to the anticipation placed on it, and Seth and AJ aren't particularly good talkers. Orton is a good talker when he is given a spotlight and over the past few years he has been at his best in the build. Draw on the history, bake in some shenanigans and fired up promos from both sides and we'll get a good couple of months of segments out of Edge and Orton leading to a middling match. The alternatives would probably just be middling segments leading to a middling match.

I'll take Edge vs Orton for the build.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I mostly agree but think Edge and AJ would probably be just fine, especially if Edge has to go up against the whole OC. Maybe he could've recruited Ryder and Hawkins for lols.

But AJ died last night so I'll take Orton.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I honestly can’t remember what brand Orton is on to know what show Edge will be on then. That’s sad...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Randy Orton vs. Edge

Ziggler not available?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Nothing would kill my interest in an Edge return faster than making him wrestle the exact same people he wrestled 10 years ago

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mob posted:

It's Big Dog and Shayna rubes sorry

:hmmyes:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy this is turning into a lameass Mania card real quick.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's really the most WWE thing ever to have Styles, Ricochet, Aleister Black, Daniel Bryan, Rollins, Owens, Joe, Andrade, Buddy Murphy, Cesaro, Ali, Shinsuke, etc., and you immediately stick Edge with loving Randy Orton.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
If he really did sign a 3 year contract I don't think it's the worst idea to use someone he knows, has worked with a bunch, and is generally safe and the epitome of WWE style to shake off almost a decade of ring rust.

It's not gonna set the world on fire, and I don't think Orton would even crack like top 25 of who I'd rather see Edge work, but I can kind of see where they're coming from.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Drew is going to beat Brock and it's gonna be cool.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I'm sure I could post this elsewhere since literally no one cares about Main Event spoilers but I'll be safe

https://twitter.com/GetDaTables/status/1221959463101485062

I remember back to the Alexander-Styles feud which involved Alexander being made to look like a total geek throughout and people were calling it a push and talking about how it would elevate the dude and here he is losing to someone who's literally never won a televised singles match and hasn't one a televised match full stop since the 4th January 2018 episode of NXT. Hell they flew him over to NXT UK to be a TV jobber - if you are losing to someone at that level then, well, that's not a good place to be in.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I know “go to AEW” is played out, but I think it’s more likely considering his wife is already there. Also they are lacking black singles stars in their men’s division beyond Scorpio Sky and Sonny Kiss

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't think it was possible to leave 205 Live and still get demoted, but WWE finds a way

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dacap posted:

I know “go to AEW” is played out, but I think it’s more likely considering his wife is already there. Also they are lacking black singles stars in their men’s division beyond Scorpio Sky and Sonny Kiss

Alexander liked ACHs tweet that he was gonna get him out, I'm pretty sure.

Can we save Ford and Belair while we're at it?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Drew is going to beat Brock and it's gonna be cool.

Lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol cedric. calling PAC a quitter and saying "oh how is losing to aj styles being buried" didnt get him anywhere :( :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

every wwe wrestler is willing to take a bullet for vince unless proven otherwise, and none of the unknown should be saved

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Benne posted:

I didn't think it was possible to leave 205 Live and still get demoted, but WWE finds a way

205 live was never a demotion, it has always been an nxt like off shoot and the dudes got time to wrestle and have good matches without being hosed up on the main roster or forgotten about no matter where the show was positioned

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MJeff posted:

Alexander liked ACHs tweet that he was gonna get him out, I'm pretty sure.

Can we save Ford and Belair while we're at it?

Is Ford that bad RAW comedian? Because I dislike him a lot and would like him to stay away from AEW.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Dacap posted:

Maybe now that they’re renewed Cody can stop Twitter flirting with signing Chris Bey and actually sign Chris Bey.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Is Ford that bad RAW comedian? Because I dislike him a lot and would like him to stay away from AEW.

Ford actually rules and you shouldn’t take RAW’s stupid rear end writing as indicative of his ability

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

STAC Goat posted:

He was a charismatic guy in NXT and awhile ago everyone was wondering how they'd gently caress him up.

WWE does one thing really really well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm happy to defer to all of you that once upon a time he wasn't one of the most annoying people in wrestling but was actually good, I just kind of hope I never see or hear him again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm sure Street Profits stuff would actually be good if they weren't the recap group because Vince thinks they're funny and that his audience is stupid and doesn't remember angles from the month or show

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like comedy is material and execution and a good comedian can tell a bad joke well, a bad comedian can tell a good joke poorly, good material can drag bad comedians up, and bad material can draw good comedians down.

When I watch the Street Profits I see bad material and equally bad execution. Maybe that's all the material. Maybe the Street Profits are just "ok" and can be good with better material but perform down to what they have. I can't say. But nothing about what I've seen says to me "these guys have potential if they get better stuff."

Actually its mainly Ford. The other guy is just kind of there but Ford actively annoys me with the inflections and delivery that he seems to think enhances the material. Which is why I suspect that stuff would still be there and annoy me with better jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Steve Austin is pretty huge on Ford and see's him as a future main eventer.