Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's pretty hard to top the one where he was concussed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Perhaps they want some breathing room with the CWC still going on? That and hope they can get the Bucks when their contracts run out in December?

You are probably right. The finals might at the Australian NXT Takeover with TM61 being finalists.

Mob posted:

So is Mary living a Pondoless lifestyle now? She's getting a hell of a lot of work

Yeah they broke up a while ago. Also she got a cover up tattoo over her big Juggalo shoulder tattoo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

Sanity is still only like the 8th or 9th-dumbest gimmick Eric Young has had in his career.

loving seriously

It's a shame he always gets those dumb poo poo gimmicks too because he's always been really solid in the ring when he can just be a wrestler

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DJExile posted:

loving seriously

It's a shame he always gets those dumb poo poo gimmicks too because he's always been really solid in the ring when he can just be a wrestler

Reminds me of what Bryan and Vinny always said when TNA had a house show in their area. They absolutely hated Eric Young on TV, but only had the highest praise for his house show work, and plenty of house show reporters said the same throughout the years.

But no, you can't have him as a good, technical wrestler on TV, he's better off being Bobby Roode's little bitch who will wrestle a Bra&Panties match in his Spongebob underwear.

Or become Super Eric.

Or have brain damage, leading to be Orlando Jones's confused not-really-sex-partner.

Or suddenly become super-serious as the leader of World Elite.

Or become a cheap "Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30" parody.

Or be ODB's lover.

Or become a weird hobo searching for Elvis.

I probably forgot a couple of things, but drat did TNA make him do a lot of stupid poo poo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I hear he's spectacular at house shows

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

rovert posted:

Yeah they broke up a while ago. Also she got a cover up tattoo over her big Juggalo shoulder tattoo.

Two great pieces of news

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Guessing they're waiting until they get Cody back before they do the Dusty Classic again, or something, just so he doesn't raise up a fuss or anything. Which would be silly, but it's the kind of thing I'd expect.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I'm a little skeptical of the shoot nature of this but people are saying that Ibushi just got eliminated from the CWC because he forgot WWE uses a 10 count ring out. I wouldn't put it past them to do a "Mil Mascaras in the Royal Rumble" type spot if he wanted to be protected in losing in some way.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Spermgod posted:

i'm pretty skeptical of the shoot nature of this but people are saying that Ibushi just got eliminated from the CWC because he forgot WWE uses a 10 count ring out

I saw people saying they restarted the match

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Yeah my bad. I got the impression they actually called it as a shoot and just ran with it.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Brian also hit a Burning Hammer on Kota and got a 2 count

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Regal restarted the match because TBK is doing his exposed turnbuckle thing so that's fortunate even if it's kinda flimsy

e: should say reportedly, i don't know

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 27, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
and thus the story of Daniel Bryan trying to vicariously live through his friend in the CWC ends.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Well that at least bodes well for the commentary for the live finale.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

full CWC results:

Zack Sabre Jr. def. Noam Dar
Gran Metalik def. Akira Tozawa
TJP def. Rich Swann
Kota Ibushi def. Brian Kendrick

non-tournament matches:

Cedric Alexander def. Oney Lorcan
Drew Gulak and Tony Nese def. Lince Dorado and Kenneth Johnson
Bollywood Boyz def. Sean Maluta and Ariya Daivari

Your bracket going into the Semi Finals:

Gran Metalik vs Zack Sabre Jr
TJP vs Kota Ibushi

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWEDrakeWuertz/status/769344427068387328

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

What the gently caress, TJP lmao

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TJs booking feels tailor made to make me not feel so bad when ibushi eventually wins

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Akiiiiiiira :qq:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress it, go Metallik and TJP

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The "Kendrick's last chance" story loses its impact when he's already been announced for RAW's Cruiserweight division

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why would you have TJ Perkins go over two guys you already have under contract

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

why not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tjp is good

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Grozz Nuy posted:

Why would you have TJ Perkins go over two guys you already have under contract
Because it makes things more interesting when the only talent that can win are not the ones under contract?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because he's also going to get a contract

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hasn't basically everyone left signed except ZSJ and possibly Ibushi, that's knida unclear?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

achillesforever6 posted:

Because it makes things more interesting when the only talent that can win are not the ones under contract?

In what way

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
gently caress tjp

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TJ's signing surely, he was in that promo for the cruisers on Monday.

IIRC it was reported Ibushi signed, he denied it but then I think someone else reported they were still negotiating/nothing official either way, but what we do know is he's the likely winner of the CWC and continues to be featured, including being in Nakamura's locker room at TakeOver which IMO points to him signing? Is that about right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If the only person signed to a deal before the tournament started won the tournament, that'd be predictable, lack suspense, and deserve the criticism it would receive

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If someone was really going to criticise this bracket for predictability and lack of suspense that's their perogative but Rich Swann going the distance isn't something anybody predicted going into this so I don't know if I'd start there

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GenericMartini posted:

gently caress tjp

TJP is cool.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

oatgan posted:

If someone was really going to criticise this bracket for predictability and lack of suspense that's their perogative but Rich Swann going the distance isn't something anybody predicted going into this so I don't know if I'd start there

All I know is I screamed "PUT THE TITLE ON OHTANI" when the CWC was announced and there was no Ohtani or title so ya know, whatever man.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chris James 2 posted:

If the only person signed to a deal before the tournament started won the tournament, that'd be predictable, lack suspense, and deserve the criticism it would receive

If there wasn't a giant "THIS GUY IS WINNING" sign on ibushi from the beginning I might agree but it's been predictable since the beginning. Honestly these last 2 TJP wins have been the most unpredictable part of the tournament, and boy oh boy what a thrill

Salty bout tj itt

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 27, 2016

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

TJ Perkins is an MRA Redditor and a mediocre wrestler, I wish him nothing but the worst in his professional career and every day life.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TJ Perkins is the substitute teacher of pro wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

Gran Metalik def. Akira Tozawa
:negative: