Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

89 posted:

Curt Hawkins is terrible. Remember when everybody was speculating at the "names" being brought back?

Kurt Angle?!
Rey Mysterio?!
MVP?!
Rob Van Dam?!

Nah, here's Curt Hawkins and Jindar Mahalwahtever.
Hawkins is at least young enough to have potential, whereas the other four close to death, way past it and incredibly boring.

I'd kind of like to see Angle end his in-ring career in WWE though. Then go on to manage American Alpha or something.

I'd actually just like to see goofy Angle back in any capacity actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They should bring back Chris Hero as Fake Roman Reigns.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I've met Tyler Bate. Hes loving tiny. Hes like 5'4".

Thats my addition to this. I'm getting hosed off my face with a few friends tomorrow to watch Royal Rumble until the early hours, so I'm glad he'll probably appear with his goofy entrance theme.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Both of them were leaving the company, which is why people started booing, and then they proceeded to not give a poo poo because they were mad about the fans. It was not because of "Not Enough Stars".

People have been predicting disaster and making GBS threads on the Brock/Goldberg program for week after week, even after it's repeatedly been the most consistently well booked program WWE has had for months.
As someone who watched WWE at the time of WMXX, I can say that it was a bit of both. Goldberg had been booked badly during his time in WWE (shocking, I know) and Brock was seen as a bit a oval office for the manner in which he left, but it really didn't help that the fued between these two supposed monsters had a boring build and an absolutely terrible blowoff match. I know people like to impose the narrative now that they deliberately had a godawful match together, but Goldberg was never seen as a good worker and Lesnar was never someone who could carry a poo poo worker to a really good match, so I seriously doubt it would make a difference if that were true. Besides, what kind of person turns up to his job on one of the most important events of his life and says "gently caress it, I'll put no effort in because the people watching me don't like me much right now".

I'm pretty sure the only reason why the Brock/Berg fued has worked so well this time is because we hardly ever see them on TV and because they aren't being thrown into tag matches every week as a half assed way of building the fued. Its just a rare example of a well booked rivalry. Its nothing special but it stands out because WWE are loving terrible at building any kind of tension between two people these days.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Alain Post posted:

Literally the first chant was "you sold out" and both wrestlers were visibly pissed. They would hardly be the first wrestlers ever to not give a poo poo when getting a bad crowd response.
They should do their loving jobs properly and do their best anyway. No one wants to pay money to watch poo poo wrestling.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Paying money for a product doesn't make you entitled to be an rear end in a top hat and still get the best possible product, especially when the people you're paying for have all the power in the world to tell you to gently caress off with no consequences.
Your options are that Brock isn't that great a wrestler, or that hes unprofessional because he sleepwalked through a match because he didn't fancy it. He can be criticised for either one of those.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Spermgod posted:

MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo
Its because Bray owns and it seemed for a long time that he was going to be the person to step into the role of "supernatural guy with the awesome entrance" after Kane/Taker stepped away. Both of those guys still illicit "oh poo poo" reactions when they appear, which is where Bray should be by now too. Instead, because the WWE doesn't actually understand how to create new stars and then keep them interesting, you're more likely to go "oh its Bray again".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dean Ambrose is married to Renee Young. He might not be great in WWE but hes definitely doing great in real life.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If Ronda debuted like Lesnar did by appearing out of nowhere and annihilating multiple people I'd probably mark. I'd probably mark even harder if they paired her with Heyman.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Probably but the division still lacks the credibility to sustain a long-term story about her that goes anywhere at all. It would be the main roster mirror of what's happened with Asuka and NXT.

Besides, wasn't Rousey considered a pretty good promo in her UFC days? Am I not remembering that right?
Rebuild someone like Bayley as the lovable, relatable underdog and boom a Wrestlemania match that makes sense. Something like that will never happen though because there is no appetite in WWE to get someone like that over, theres no intelligence to know how to cleverly book a build up like that, and theres just no talent whatsoever to write it and make it compelling in any meaningful way.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I figure they'd have to pair her with someone like Asuka who can work really stiff and look like a killer. Bailey can draw face heat obviously but there's no way people would buy her going over.
Its wrestling. Its fictional. When booked properly, people will buy it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Benne posted:

The problem with invasion angles is that WWE loving sucks at invasion angles

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I hope Asuka beat the local jobber with a roll up after a 50/50 fight.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I was being sarcastic so I actually love the actual result. Theres lots of ways to book Asuka but I'd say that having her have to struggle to a win in a small fued with someone that you were going to fire anyway is probably one of the worst ones.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pete Dunne loving owns and could go on to great things if hes given a chance. I mean its WWE so he definitely won't, but he could do so outside of it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

You could still make it cartoonish but entertaining to watch though, but instead what you get is a bunch of boring mid-card matches that seemingly lead to absolutely nothing.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I remember seeing Deeb doing a spoken word segment on stage about her time in WWE and all I can say is that I'm actually a little bit upset that shes returning to that shitshow of a company. Shes way too good for it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en4BsU0AGjo

I'm 75% sure that rovert was the one who linked it on this site in the first place

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Haven't watched WWE in ages, but is Roman still getting boos or have we reached the moment now where hes met with complete indifference?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Nia Jax has gone from +900 to +800. She's also someone who shouldn't win the Rumble. Because her vs Alexa (assuming thats what would happen at Wrestlemania) would be quite possibly the worst female match in Wrestlemania history.
It'll be a bad match, but its a bold claim to say it would be the worst female match in Wrestlemania history.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

wait a minute only 10 women have ever wrestled at the wrestlemanias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Given that Taker is a geriatric and Cena is barely around, I'm guessing its a part of a long build to next year or something, or just a fun thing for the fans