Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

SomeMathGuy posted:

You know, it just occurred to me that Dana Brooke is banned from ringside and Ric Flair was at TakeOver.

... They wouldn't, right? Surely.

vinceflex.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Officer Farva posted:

Who would Sheamus even challenge if he wins? All the champs are heels. Unless Roman wins the U.S. title.

Heel vs Heel can be done, but then again this is WWE.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm down for a fat Cesaro

Real Talk, was Cesaro ever fat?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

It's too many syllables for the Wu-Tang chant.

Wu-Tang chant?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

white boy spotted.

You wish

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

It looks like an original Xbox.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Posting this here because it may as well be a spoiler, but Asuka won't be called up any time soon, according to Dave.

How soon are we talking about here? If she drops the belt to Ember Moon in Orlando, she can feud with her for a bit before being called up, that's cool.

Is this because she has a heavy accent? If WWE is that worried, they could give her a manager. But they don't believe in those unless you're a monster heel (Brock, AoP, Rusev even if he doesn't need one).

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The_Rob posted:

I've heard that's why wwe wanted Hero too. To just be a guy in NXT and never get called up.

And Samoa Joe.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Bray was boring and bad until Randy Orton made him interesting again so it is only fair that Randy gets the belt.

Rising Star Randy Orton

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Frankston posted:

Cena vs Orton at Wrestlemania 34 for Cena to break the record and perfectly cap off the greatest feud of our generation.

And then he passes the touch Roman at WM35.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

if the title can only go on rising stars i hope you enjoy a promotion with no champions

If titles only go on part timers and veterans who don't need them, I hope you enjoy a promotion with a stagnating roster.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

So why are there never any odds for NXT events?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Randy vs. Jinder is going to be like those Triple H vs. Curtis Axel matches where Axel won because Trips got bored and wandered away mid-match.

The one where he had a work heart attack?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

triplexpac posted:

That would make Vince want him back even more! He's probably sending Steiner flowers every week

Only took him ten years to get BACK Angle.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

This is a work, just like Sgt. Slaughter wasn't really a sgt. Just FYI!

Slaughter was a Drill Sargent in the Marine Corp. He's legit.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Everyone said Rowan has a new finisher, and I honestly don't believe it simply because I can't remember even once seeing Rowan hit a finisher. Even the sentence "Rowan hits a finisher and pins Harper" seems like a foreign language to me

He also did a half Nelson slam thing for a bit.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Randy Wyatt was great and they blew up a great act for nothing.
As a Bray Wyatt fan, Orton and him have no chemistry. Orton had better matches with Sheamus, and those were like pulling teeth.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

A reDRagon tag title run in NXT would own.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Queering Wheel posted:

lol they really are desperate for Ronda to do WWE again just so that Steph can get her win back, aren't they

Remember when WWE fired Patrice O'neil and they left messages letting him know that he has been fired, only the messages got angrier because Patrice didn't give a gently caress that he got fired?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

VJeff posted:

And then on the opposite end of the scale...

Ryback.

I thought Ryback was doing fitness things when he left WWE. How is he doing in the indies?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

The indie careers of The Ryback and Cody Rhodes: an introspective

Ryback
-Rage quit the WWE, burnt bridges
-Little to no presence in the indies due to believing he's a bigger deal than what he really is
-Will fade into obscurity

Cody Rhodes
-Quit WWE on good terms, could go back if he wanted to
-Grandson of a plumber
-Killing it in the indies, deserves to be ROH champ
-Stupid hot wife

Cody wins.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Jiro posted:

So is Lucha Underground pretty much dead, hence Johnny and Taya doing GFW? That makes me sad. :(

RIP Wrestling Mortal Kombat

E: weren't they also burning money every episode and in trouble with the El Rey network because of that?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

VJeff posted:

I'm looking forward to this forum finding a way to blame it on Sasha when Nia dumps Alexa on her head.

Smarks can't bring themselves to blame their current waifu of the month.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nia has yet to show any real qualities as a proper monster beyond hurting people and while Alexa has improved greatly I don't think she can carry her. Add in the fact the booking seems to want Alexa to be the face and welp, you got all the makings of a train wreck of a match.

I'm not an Alexa fan, but even I think turning her face will be a terrible mistake. She'll either be boring (Rollins), or turn into a mom joke dispenser (Triple H, Jericho).

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Sting has always been bad and while HHH isn't the most original dude ever he has better ideas than "Dress up as The Crow" and "Dress up as The Joker as interpreted by Jim Carrey"

Get it right.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

shiksa posted:

its baffling how many times luke harper gets even a whiff of a push and everyone is super into it and it gets yanked away

what the gently caress just LISTEN, he connects with a crowd almost effortlessly with no help from creative.

Actually, you want Sheamus.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Cross dressing isn't transgender.

Actual footage of Bray Wyatt and Creative discussing his upcoming Sister Abigail angle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ7oLXg9zFg

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

Just spent like 5 minutes looking at various pictures of shirtless Johnny Gargano whilst trying to decide if he is jacked enough to achieve Finn Balor levels of doesn't-have-to-be-on-205-live.

Finn is losing definition, though.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I thought he looked kind of puffy at the Rumble.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

rovert posted:

Wasn't sure to post it in the main WWE thread or not. But I figured there's more casual/lapsed fans around during Mania season so I will err on the side of caution.

Per Post Wrestling John Cena is advertised for Fastlane.

It was speculated that Cena might ask Nakamura to wrestle him for his Mania title shot.

Fastlane is in two weeks and there's nothing going on with the brand and it might explain why Nakamura isn't in a feud with anyone.

We cannot have nice things.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

loving lol at Corbin pinning Ricochet clean and Nikki being the new Dana Brooke, Mickie James, Alicia Fox for Alexa Bliss.

Well, Yeah. She's not blond, a Scot, has the "wrong" type of charisma and is not the kind of woman that Kevin Dunn wanks over, so we can't have her doing much, can we?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. And the same scenario is going to happen with Nikki/Alexa. It'll be a nice "moment", but then people will quickly learn that Alexa is just as bad as the IIconics in the ring, on top of the fact that her character is completely stale. And that Nikki Cross has had serious regression problems since her time in NXT. Her offense has become incredibly sloppy and it reminds me of two drunks fighting at a bar.

You guys remember when Alexa Bliss was everyone's ringfu a few years back? Haha

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Which 4chan wrestling board, because there's two: the one on 4chan itself and the one on 420chan, which was founded by a goon, actually

DarkstarIV posted:

I would argue it makes less sense than Dunne, simply because he at least had an established history on NXT. You could also argue that he had unfinished business with Roddy at the time. Where Rhea's NXT US debut came out of nowhere, and she's being injected right into a title feud. All because they are desperate to find ways to keep Shayna at the top of the division despite people getting sick of her reign and because ~whoops~ she cleared out the entire division in NA, so now they have to bring over folks from NXT UK to give her more challengers to run over. And her reign is at the point where the non-title women's feud is significantly more interesting and likely drawing more eyes to the product than whatever the champion is doing. Which seems backwards.

Yeah, if they would have shot Shayna up to the main roster, they would have done so by now. She's almost 40, and with the wear and tear of a MMA career

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

NXT's successes that weren't already indy experienced are pretty much Charlotte, Elias and Alexa. And the only male on that list has cratered lately.

And one of the ladies is not that good of a wrestler. Decent on the mic tho

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

My God, the Men's Rumble was boring as poo poo until Brock was eliminated.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I like to compare her to mid 2010s Miz but people like her more and she's probably better at catching people.

I agree. She's an OK worker, but not the best by a mile. Let Tay lose. Give it to Thunder. She's the only face I see who is even close to her heat, but she needs time.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Dr. Britt should certainly only ever lose the belt to Rosa (and probably soon, maybe at the equivalent of “Winter is Coming” this year), but Serena Deeb is swiftly working her way up to “end boss of the women’s division” in my mind and could easily slot in to take the belt off Britt if need be (though Britt would have to pivot to full-face instead of a heel that fans still love).

Just rewatched Deeb/Riho from DoN 2021, and yeah if Deeb can stay healthy she’s a shoe-in for a title reign down the line.

Give it to Thunder and have her drop it to Deeb down the line.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Sammy is the new Cody, if he went heel.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Rampage

House of Black defeat Fuego, Uno and 10. Postmatch Death Triangle come out with a tombstone that had House of Black on it
Shawn Spears defeats Big Damo (fka Killian Dain)
Statlander defeats Red Velvet in an Owen tournament match. Postmatch Kiera and Jade attack Kris and Ruby, Anna Jay makes the save
Men of the Year talk, Sammy and Kaz interrupt
Hookhausen work out together
Danielson and Moxley defeat Dante and Sydal

So I'm guessing we getting Death Triangle vs HOB, probably at the Buy In? I'm down.

I heard that Danielson's leg got stuck in the crease between the raised ramp and the ring. He was stuck on there for a bit, but he got out. He looks like he is limping and having a hard time standing. I hope he's fine.
https://twitter.com/StevenM_42/status/1527144437658398722?s=20&t=de5YC6njzAXsLjtlbsfF3g

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

My predictions for the Trios tournament were real bad

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Chris James 2 posted: