Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby
Outside of the first match for it, was the King of the Mountain title ever actually defended in a King of the Mountain match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Dylan Miley is the man with the giant Shrek hands, yes? Good to see he and his mitts are still around.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

I guess Cena winning the Rumble won't be so bad if the alternative is Roman, again, in Philly.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Cena/Elias sure is gonna be a mania match, huh.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think that one is too surprising, aren't they stuck in their Lucha Underground contracts until 6 months after the last episode? That would probably put it pretty close to the end of 2019.

E: maybe LU s4 only has 22 episodes? So I may be off there.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Also can almost guarantee when they filmed it no one had any idea those 4 would be getting called up.

Hell, no one probably had any idea they were getting called up until yesterday afternoon.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Looks like ACH also lost to Humberto Carrillo, some maybe this is another case of new talent jobbing a bunch under their real name before a "proper" debut that they seem to do in NXT every so often.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Because Sullivan's posts were years old, and Dijak's were yesterday?

I can kind of get it but I've never really like this defense (not that you're necessarily defending Lars or anything, just in general).

Like 10 years ago, the far off time of 2009, before we knew hey maybe white nationalism isn't so okay.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

yeah, i remember all those wacky things I did at 20. underage drinking. staying up late and skipping class. posting screeds about white genocide

Right? It's just an extension of the same handwave.

Like there's some views and things like casual homophobia that a lot of us I'm sure did without realizing the impact in the late 90s/early 00s, but Lars' poo poo isn't something you can write off that like, it's learned and deliberately practiced behavior to hate to that degree.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

rovert posted:

To me Gargano staying in NXT is sign the FS1 show is happening.

That was my thought on his bit too, and it's probably his absolute best case. Even if Vince gets way more involved in FS1 NXT, you've got to think Johnny fares better there than main roster.

Hell Ciampa's injury ending their main roster time is looking like the best thing to happen to either of them, Ciampa will come back in hot and they'd otherwise be a nonexistent tag team on Raw.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I could have sworn Cain cut a promo (albeit a brief one) in English at some point and I took the Rey thing to just be a cover for Cain being a bad talker (like Heyman for Brock) but I may just be misremembering so I'm willing to take an L on this one.

It was at their "press conference" they did in Vegas with Cain and Fury. Cain just dead forgot his lines and their was a huge pause where he was desperately trying to remember while Rey tried to mouth him the words or something.

I haven't seen any of his ufc stuff so I don't know if he has a history of awkward interviews or if he was just struggling the first time he had to stick to a long script, but either way just pretending he doesn't speak English is not good.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

If he really did sign a 3 year contract I don't think it's the worst idea to use someone he knows, has worked with a bunch, and is generally safe and the epitome of WWE style to shake off almost a decade of ring rust.

It's not gonna set the world on fire, and I don't think Orton would even crack like top 25 of who I'd rather see Edge work, but I can kind of see where they're coming from.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Lesnar/Drew thing happens night one when their match is supposed to happen and then the actual match happens night two is my guess

Reads to me like it could be the closing segment for next week's raw too, I doubt Brock will want to fly out 3 weeks in a row of however they're spacing the tapings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Betting the use the other finish and have McAfee cost Cole next week.