Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I was going to say that WWE finally got around to putting the tag belts on the Wyatts like two years too late, but then I remembered that the loving championships aren't even on the line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

So what's everyone's next cassandra gig gonna be now that Bayley's debuted

Nakamura probably

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What happened to all wrestling fans being racist for not liking Roman Reigns?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Lol them bringing back 3MB and leaving Slater out of it is legit a funny angle

McIntyre's probably not coming back anytime soon, especially not to rehash 3MB since he hated it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Having Lashley win all the belts seems especially pointless when they just vacated the X Division title and had someone else win it immediately and then replaced the other one.

Also, for people keeping count, that's 3 title changes so far

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Trevor jobbing to Brodus Clay, Fat Damien Sandow, and DJZ at these tapings. He could do so much better. :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Charlotte winning makes no sense unless Sasha's getting suspended

Not that Vince doesn't ignore obvious booking logic for no good reason at times, but still

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why would you have TJ Perkins go over two guys you already have under contract

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Sombra/Cedric is a feud I am 100% down with

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Seams posted:

i hope an actual tag-team win this dusty classic.

Everyone left is a tag team (Revival, Authors of Pain, TM61, Sanity), so good news!

Since they're the only face team left, seems clear that TM61 is winning and getting a shot at the Revival as a result. Unless the Revival get eliminated in the semis after Ciampa and Gargano get involved and then DIY wins the rematch at Takeover, then I guess one of the other two heel teams could win.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Was it really 16 teams last year? I thought it was 8, I didn't remember there even being enough people in NXT back then to fill out a bracket that large.

rovert posted:

Was told Roderick Strong and someone else is in the Dusty.

I believe that someone is Austin Aries.

That would make sense, they teamed for years back in ROH. That would also mean that Roddy's coming into NXT as a heel, which is good news.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

NienNunb posted:

Cesaro leaving WWE would be amazing.

So many fresh matchups in Reseda for the like two shows a year when he's not in Japan

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hero claims the weight gain was from a back injury coupled with a thyroid problem, but he's also said he's not overly concerned about how he looks as long as he feels well and can still operate at the level he wants to in the ring.

If he's trying to catch back on with WWE it's not obvious, he looked about the same shape as usual at BOLA and that was after those rumors had already started.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Roque11 posted:

This is not the point. The point is that Kingston looks to have the made the decision to work for TNA instead of WWE.

You're assuming that he got offered a WWE contract just because he got a tryout, when most of the time that is not the case. The decision between WWE and TNA was probably not up to him, and if WWE was considering making him an offer a couple taped TNA matches probably won't dissuade them.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Bucks of Youth, the Express who Rocks and Rolls, the Bulldogs who are British, and the Days of the New

I know people still like Matt Hardy but this poo poo is so stupid and forced

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
This was a logical way to debut Roddy but I hope he ditches that geek Aries and gets to go solo before too long. He should break Nakamura's lovely old man back.

e: Sure seems like they're building to DIY winning the tournament with the Revival faking injury to get out of wrestling them.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

super macho dude posted:

He's only 3 three years older than Roddy.

I don't see how that changes anything that I said

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who's Su Yung dating? Last time I heard her name she was dating Lawler which stuck in my mind as the jokes write themselves.

Rich Swann, dunno if they're engaged or not but they've been together for a pretty long time now iirc

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Sami being favored has to mean a DQ finish, right? They probably won't take the IC belt away from Smackdown.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

Since the stakes were announced it was always assumed IC would go to Raw and the Cruiserweight division would go to SD

See, I'm assuming that's not happening because the cruisers are getting a separate show, but maybe now that people care about the IC belt again Vince decided that Raw should have it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mob posted:

wait til they boot EY for Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Fuckin End

Tommy deserves better than Sanity

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
why the gently caress were Reigns and Cass teaming

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Owens retaining and not via DQ would be a pleasant surprise to me, at least

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

Anyway here's the rest of the taping

Hope that 'Ty vs. someone from Sanity' thing isn't a way to backfill Tommy End into the stable

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Forceholy posted:

Wu-Tang chant?

Chris Hero ain't nothin' to gently caress with

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

89 posted:

Surely the guy has some weird thyroid or health issues

He had both a back injury and a thyroid issue shortly after getting released from WWE, yes

But also he owns so who gives a gently caress

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Davey's back? Shame.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

* Tyrus def. Eli Drake when Eli disqualifies himself by hitting Hebner. Tyrus and Eli celebrate together

what

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
They probably made those graphics before Zack turned down their contract offer and just forgot to fix it, if I had to guess

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, at least KO is retaining

I'm sure it'll be some tremendously stupid gently caress finish but it's something

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why is Roddy suddenly a babyface for no apparent reason, that's dumb

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Joe isn't already preoccupied on the Mania card, winning the battle royale is a sensible rub for him if he's going to keep being pushed as HHH's muscle.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Alain Post posted:

he should wear the old Buddy Rose "I Worked Hard For This Body" shirt

He wore that exact shirt to a Wrestlecon one year, because Chris Hero is the greatest

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

So basically there's no followup to that wedding segment that people actually liked, but they made time to do multiple MAGA riffs and hitch their wagon to Alberto Del Rio.

Okay.

It's a new era, baby

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I legitimately forgot Storm and Bram were the other two under the masks besides Kingston

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Spermgod posted:

MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo

Bray is one of the youngest guys on the main roster and at least if they got behind him in a sustained way there's a chance he'd grow into the role. What is there to be gained by putting another world title on Orton at this point?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Midnightghoul posted:

Rovert do you have any scoops on what the WWE FFXIV announcement is

it's probably just going to be the HHH entrance

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Wasn't there some article somewhere in the recent past that explained in detail how now that they have a stable base of Network subscribers that is roughly equivalent to the revenue they used to get from traditional PPV buys, the WWE's business model is effectively infinitely sustainable regardless of short-term trends in things like ratings or house show attendance? Unless they have to do something crazy like pay for their employee's health insurance, of course.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Grozz's monkey paw curls one finger

i long for death

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Ryback seems like he would just rather hock his bullshit supplements rather than do the extra legwork of trying to make a career out of wrestling outside of WWE

Which like, fine, the modern culture of wrestlers being a bunch of dorks who grew up loving 'the business' and just desperately want to be a part of it results in a lot of them severely undervaluing themselves, so if he doesn't care enough to keep wrecking his body unless somebody pays him a whole lot of money to do so that's certainly a valid perspective

Also it means that we as a society are subjected to fewer Ryback matches, which I wholeheartedly support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Candice is just going to be the anti-Zelina in every Almas feud, then I extremely want to see her get a black metal makeover for Aleister's entrance at Takeover.