Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm glad they are getting split off so Braun can soar so great that he becomes WWE Champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has any single title ever had more name changes?

WWWF World Heavyweight
WWWF Heavyweight
WWF Heavyweight
WWF World Heavyweight
WWF Championship
Undisputed WWF
Undisputed WWE
WWE Championship
WWE World Heavyweight
WWE World

Not as extreme of name changes, but they're there!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I cannot put to words how happy BROKEN EC3 and BROKEN Reby make me.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oh my god i just realized that we might get BROKEN Senor Benjamin

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Just seeing 'submitted in Round 2...' makes me angry. I hate everything about this gimmick match style

Everyone knows the things people like about MMA are rounds and crappy judges.

...Right?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Who's the DCC again? James Storm + 2?

James Storm, He Who Has Thousand Of Contracts, and Eddie Kingston

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Total Nonstop Deletion announced. Full Impact episode happening at the Hardys compound.
Hardys challenge any team that wants a title shot. Gregory Helms accepts it for Lee and Everett, Decay also accept challenge.
Rosemary will defend Knockouts title
King Maxel will debut

Oh my god yes

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

CubsWoo posted:

Youtube took down the video of down on his luck Percy being sad that Darren left FCW to be in the Nexus and showcased his substandard harmonica skills and that makes me very sad

This was the best thing to come out of that entire set of NXTs.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bob Inuuuuuuuuuu

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm sure it's been asked before but why do people get so up in arms about Hero's weight and not Owens or Samoa Joe's?

SamoaJoeStuck.jpg

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA teasing putting the title on Josh Barnett then not doing so is unironically the most angry I've ever been at them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I'm really not sure why they wouldn't even do the reverse and have Bray win. Bray's enough of a smark fave that people would probably pop for it. And Orton wins the title in the chamber. Orton likes being a heel better anyway!

Because Randy is winning at Mania, so this way he wins the title at Mania instead of retains? Seems pretty easy to me.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Roman never got his win back from Lesner, so you know that's who's becoming champion next.

Uh...there's only been one Roman/Lesnar match (I think?), and neither of them won, so this is some A+ whining.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vaguido posted:

Brock lost the Triple Threat at Fastlane to Roman and feuded with Ambrose instead of bullying the gently caress out of the guy who won the match, so basically wrestling is dumb.

Brock/Ambrose at Mania 32 was so dumb and bad that I think my brain forced me to forget everything else surrounding that feud.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Including which mania it was

Oh you edited it

I think we're all better off pretending Mania 32 never happened.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

But you do get to watch him get squashed by Goldberg, who is a worse wrestler than both Brock and Owens

Goldberg squashes are quick and fun. Brock squashes you get to watch your guy get slowly squashed for about 20 minutes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

They should do their loving jobs properly and do their best anyway. No one wants to pay money to watch poo poo wrestling.

Paying money for a product doesn't make you entitled to be an rear end in a top hat and still get the best possible product, especially when the people you're paying for have all the power in the world to tell you to gently caress off with no consequences.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gorn Myson posted:

Your options are that Brock isn't that great a wrestler, or that hes unprofessional because he sleepwalked through a match because he didn't fancy it. He can be criticised for either one of those.

Sure, call him unprofessional. Other unprofessional wrestlers include drat near every wrestler ever worth anything. Dusty, Flair, and Austin all have moments of being very unprofessional. Looking out for yourself at the expense of others, whether they be fans or fellow wrestlers, is just part of the business, and if you're leaving a company and the fans are making GBS threads on you for it, gently caress 'em, you don't owe them poo poo.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 2, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

What about Bret

Bret never lost to Goldberg.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

super macho dude posted:

Only his career

Well maybe if his career were on the line instead of the WCW Title, you'd have a point. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

who tweets scoops when MJC isn't there?

https://twitter.com/JRImpactAsylum has the scoops updates for us.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If they know they have the Hardys until a specific date, they'd be stupid not to use them to pop as many gates as possible. ROH's questionable decisions are usually waiting too long to do a title switch. This is them doing the change at the right time instead of holding off like they tend to do.

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 5, 2017

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

If you're from the UK or Canadian, that's how the word is spelled. Same with Colour.

The promotion, even when promoted in the UK, is called Ring of Honor.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Losing to Mabel is worth like 50 losses.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I mean honestly, as hard as the WWE tried to get over John Cena despite the fan's rejection they never even tried to have him end the Undertaker's wrestlemania streak.

The Undertaker's Legendary 2-match Wrestlemania winning streak.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In kayfabe Bryan and Shane are the worst negotiators in history.

Well one has no stake in the WWE, the greatest company of all time, and the other retired due to brain problems.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am voting GFW World Champion Alberto El Patron for Champion of the Month in May.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I also hope to vote for TNA World Champion Scott Steiner sometime this year.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Push Finn or Nakamura or even Kallisto that hard for that long, and I bet their shirt sales would look p. good too.

WWE has pushed Finn over Reigns.

Finn then proceeded to get injured yet again.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, because when Reigns gets injured they immediately abandon Plan Push Roman and go with someone else... :rolleyes:

Let's ignore rumors, and base things on facts for a minute.

Reigns got injured, came back, and ultimately put over Seth Rollins (who injured Cena) in a huge moment at Mania 31. Rollins then proceeded to get buried by Brock in order to put over a Brock/Taker program. Somewhere in here he injured Sting, and Rollins then injured himself.
Reigns popped for who knows, put over Rollins. Then he came back and put over Ambrose and Balor. Rollins then injured Balor. Rollins was in a match that Mania that, in the mind of WWE, was just as important as Reigns' match, despite Rollins' best attempts to injure himself again.

Now, you're mad about Finn not being a top guy, and potentially being buried by Brock.

It seems to me like the guy you should be mad about being a top guy instead of Balor is Rollins or Brock, not Reigns. Because if either of those guys leave the main event picture, an open top guy spot for a full-timer will open, AND the chances of Balor getting injured wrestling top guys significantly decreases.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

roman isnt booking himself what do you want him to do, say sorry vince i should be midcard i quit. freakin lol, idiot

Reminder that when given the choice between cheering for Roman and the man who convinced Vince that Roman is the guy, people who dislike that Roman is being pushed so hard chose to cheer for the person behind the push.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MotU posted:

thats clearly 7 men

Listen I know he's really bad but Sami Zayn is still a man.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

Balor and Reigns in a match tonight (maybe one on one) is the rumour.

Bliss vs. Bayley at the June PPV is going to be a Kendo Stick on a Pole Match.

Rovert I understand plans change and all but if you turn out to not be right on a pole match in 2017 I will be very unhappy with you.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

More importantly, you can get 100/1 odds on the next royal baby name being Boris.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also 500/1 on P. Diddy being the next James Bond.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mike Bennett vs. Jinder Mahal for Summerslam imho

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

spongeh posted:

boy i'm real excited for baron corbin, the youngest balding wwe champion in history

Baron's older than Hogan was when he won his first title!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

This is Batista's 10-year revenge plan on us for booing him.

If it weren't for The Jump, there would never be another Punjabi Prison match, but here we are.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jinder Mahal has passed more drug tests than any other world champ in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

does it really count as a babyface going over if it's against bray wyatt