Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I look forward to Champion of the Month Nia Jax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sasha is now a huge favorite so I guess that is the babyface win of the night.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

bushiroad buy roh

Why do you want New Japan to lose lots of money?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Cena's supposed to be moving to Raw after Summerslam anyway.

So you figure no god drat way does Jinder beat Cena, and Cena won't have his history making win a title he has to give up right after, it has to be Shinsuke.

Cena's history-tying reign was a transitional reign for a transitional reign for a transitional reign.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro posted:

Extremely valuable scoops are rarely appreciated in their time

As the scoopster who broke the news of TNA being rebranded as GFW months in advance only to be blown off as a joke, I can understand the pain of not being taken seriously for your hard work in acquiring knowledge for people.

Stay strong, my friend.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

Who's KM? Other than EC3, I don't think any GFW wrestlers are well-known enough for have an acronym.

As far as I can tell, KM is his ring name, at least in GFW.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

I can definitely see him murdering Kurt at like, Survivor Series and then putting over Jordan at Mania or something like that.

Jason Jordan may not be the worst wrestler Triple H has ever faced at Mania, but he'd definitely stand out to me on his Mania list in the 'wait really?' way that A-Train does on Taker's.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I also wish for Braun Strowboy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What kind of retarded-rear end War Games has three teams of three people?

Hunter's a huge fan of the loving Warrior one, I guess?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Gee if only there was a match type designed to prevent interference, against the champion who only wins via interference. They might have a PPV named after that, I dunno.

Hell in a Cell, from the very first time, didn't stop interference.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cavauro posted:

What are some of the spoilers lately? does anyone know what the main event of wrestlemania will be? my guess is that finn balor will be involved, and maybe "Stone Cold". Let me know since i love to feel like I'm back-stage.

conor mcgregor is going to face shane mcmahon in an mma match

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

For Finn yeah obviously. For Bray, where does he go from here honestly

The same place he's always gone, Pinky.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Teddybear posted:

What the gently caress happened to Roman?

Roman travels with Bray, so he probably has whatever Bray has.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

You fools talking about Jinder vs. Brock as though it's not actually AJ vs. Brock. Ohhhh, how I pity you. :mmmhmm:

they're just rushing the end of an AJ/Jinder program because AJ failed a steroid test

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i can't believe wwe is forcing a talentless hack like asuka down people's throats

eva marie wouldn't be getting this reaction

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

if they actually pulled the plug on asuka at survivor series (which isn't happening, there's no way they'd do that) would that be the fastest fall from grace for an NXT star yet?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Part of the Emma backlash is probably Lio's dumb twitter joke, which made Emma's release blow up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Also it would be some delicious irony if Triple H's most protected NXT product ever got derailed by the Original NXT Failed Callup.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

that taping sounds fun as hell

those spoilers made me really, really wish maximo and family didn't get really mad at ultimo guerrero :smith:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'd expect an NXT wrestler to get to the final 4 of the women's rumble.

That would be a magical run, if you catch my drift.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If Asuka isn't over enough after over 2 years of being undefeated to make a match with one of the biggest stars in fighting history feel big, then she should be fed to Ronda because those years have resulted in her being a net negative.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'd say people generally over estimate how much NXT overness translates onto the main roster. That's just my cynical opinion though.

It's not a question of NXT overness. A Ronda Rousey fight is bigger than Wrestlemania. Ronda vs. pretty much anyone in WWE, especially at their biggest show of the year, would be a big deal, so if Ronda/Asuka isn't big, it's because Asuka is dragging Ronda down hard.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I would argue if we're talking about 'workers' that the guy whose most notable thing in singles matches other than 'handed in a briefcase' is 'injures opponents and self' is probably not great at a fake sport.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Scott Steiner is returning to Impact tonight!!!

How exciting. I missed him calling people fatasses.

i take back everything bad i ever said about this company

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Who the gently caress does Eli Drake appeal to

TNAMecca

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You heard it here first folks, Darkstar is longing for the days of Terri vs. The Kat.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

nia jax is a top 10 womens wrestler to have ever worked a wrestlemania

this can't be true, but my brain starts melting at around 8

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Excited to see The Rock hoist Nia's arm to end the show

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure I could hear Vince screaming when she did the elbow during the countdown. (Even though that shouldn't be an issue because if it was real, why would you stop fighting and trying to take people out when the timer's going down?)

If wrestling were real, why would you do a top rope move ever when an opponent helpless enough to let that happen could just get punched in the face repeatedly?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Because there's no such thing as a ref stoppage in WWE.

In the time it would take to climb to the top rope, jump, and hit an elbow drop you could land like 20 punches to the face, which would hurt a fuckton more and put them in more of a position to be defeated than an elbow drop.

Or you could choke them out.

Or break their arm or leg.

Wrestling not being real is a major part of what makes it good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

I hope they become afflicted by a real Aztec curse

I mean, theyre losing tons of money and as of yet have no idea how to make money, so that is kind of a curse?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

The guy who runs WWELeaks says that end of broadcast means they are the champion still, otherwise bettors lose by default. So if Asuka wins the match but then loses to Carmella who cashes in, then the bettors lose that bet.

The guy who runs WWELeaks is a loving moron then, because if Nia wins by DQ she doesn't leave as champ.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TNA must have been really mad about people liking the result of their main event.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The only thing UFC has signed is a deal to provide ESPN's app with 15 shows.

What else they end up signing is anybody's guess.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You must really, really hate tag team matches if you call a pin being broken up nonsense.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently WON is suggesting Nia is turning heel to align with Stephanie against Ronda.

If she's facing Ronda she kinda has to. There is no path to being remotely cheered for Nia there.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am totally fine with DeAngelo Williams potentially being TNA Champion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider is reporting that James Ellsworth is expected to return to WWE on Sunday and either interfere in the Women's MITB match or interfere in the Asuka vs Carmella match. :negative:

What are you upset about? They're keeping Asuka away from the ruiner of all the progress women's wrestling has ever made, Ronda Rousey.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TheKingslayer posted:

Is Ronda legit that bad or is this sarcasm? (I haven't watched since Mania)

Ronda is really good and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What if every match ends in a DQ?