Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Storm is either gone again or we're being worked by a sloppy angle

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/766082224705896448

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/766086217653977088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Testekill posted:

It's not out of character for TNA to try and work us with a dark angle on a ONO taping. Remember how in the spoilers for the massive block last year they set-up Tigre Uno vs Abyss for a barbwire match.

This is true. They did whole segments on a taping setting up matches at a TNA Genesis PPV that never existed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Still one of the most hosed up things they've done. Teasing an Al Snow Elevation X match that never happened

Within the same year, TNA both wasted taping time filming a bunch of stuff that would never air, and they also (at a different point) found themselves without enough taped footage so they had to re-edit old footage into a nonsensical tournament.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Nut Bunnies posted:

Wait, Matt turned face?

Seems like it, or they're trying to do a tweener thing with the Hardys at minimum. Decay kidnapping a baby is pretty solidly in heel territory imo

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eddie Kingston just debuted for TNA in a We're Totally Not The KRD stable with Bram and James Storm.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/dcc-masked-trio-tna-stable-revealed-identities/#.V_T00OUrLcs

I guess the good thing about TNA being in Orlando is that you can just run across the street to the Impact Zone if you fail out of a tryout at the Performance Centre.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hope this somehow makes TV

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/783471147811688448

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How was Neville built as a character in NXT? I was watching back then but I can't think of much of anything they did (or have since done) to establish his character. I still really have no idea who or what he's supposed to be.

By comparison, Roode already seems more established as a personality than Neville ever has been.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Senerio posted:

Bo Dallas was able to get anyone over back in NXT. That's how. Then once he won the title, he went after the other biggest personality in NXT, Tyler Breeze. Also Tyson Kidd was good, and that's a fact.

I think there's a certain amount that one character can be established in opposition to another character (Sami benefited a lot from this against Owens), but once you take Dallas or Breeze away, who was/is Neville?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

He was a white meat face champ who did a real good job of working tweener against the whitest meat face, Sami Zayn

See, that's kind of my point. They did an awesome job of introducing an element of him being conflicted, and then rocketed him right back into being a white meat face without ever acknowledging or revisiting that element with anyone else. If that'd been the beginning of a heel turn or if they'd left him as a tweener, I'd say that Zayn match definitely counts as character development, but since they did nothing with it, it was just a forgettable thing that happened. Then, when he was called up, his only development was when they gave him a cape.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

You're not wrong but, you're also wrong. Having a defined, immediately recognizable character does you no favors in the transition from NXT to the main roster. Rusev is the exception that proves the rule

It's not an indicator of success, certainly. There have been people with more and less of a character that have worked out, but what I'm talking about is the idea that Neville was somehow more established as a character than newer signings like Roode or even Jose. Like:

quote:

...PAC benefited from debuting as guys like any other, after which they were booked strongly and their background doled out bit by bit to establish them.

What background?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Cody upholding the family tradition of joining the "NWO" long after it makes any sense or impact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iD43c2V96w

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can see the resemblance, I think he's on to something

Gloooorious!
And he's a good boy
Who's a good boy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Like one hundred percent of NXT names it sounds dumb for five minutes until you get used to it. People sperged about Finn Balor and Sami Zayn too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

This was said during his first run

And most everyone had gotten over/used to it by the end of that run.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

I heard that Moose was fat now. anybody got pics

He looks mostly the same to me. Not very cut, but I don't think he ever was?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TNA has a "legit" MMA division with rounds and Josh Barnett and Bobby Lashley aren't in it, Moose and Drew Galloway are.

Gotta admit the actual feuds and matches on the shows sound interesting though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That's just he-said she-said bullshit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

Love and Davey are the Natural Born Killers now
loving lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edge & Christian posted:

There are actually quite a few people apparently still working with TNA that didn't appear at tonight's tapings:

-Eddie Edwards
-James Storm
-Aron Rex/Spud
-Crazzy Steve and Abyss
-Jesse Godderz/Robbie E
-Braxton Sutter/Allie
-Those guys who hung out with Al Snow
-Shera Shuffler

Allie, Sutter, Spud, and Eddie were definitely there and the the Al Snow cronies (the French guys) have been gone for months. I want to say at least two tapings ago.

It does seem extremely likely they are only paying people on days they're used, which is kinda poo poo since I imagine people would have to fly in for the entire set regardless, unless they live near Orlando.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look at this big boy
https://twitter.com/ATwiss99/status/837821037618286592

Full fuckin circle. They got a new Cheex.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's gonna be Russo guys I can feel it

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/837846940444319744

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If so they had Davey wrestle him and win, and never revealed him under the mask. That'd be dumb and typical TNA but not newsworthy.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

Garza Jr and Laredo Kid, two exciting and talented luchadores, are in a trios team with Mahabali Shera

So were TJ Perkins and Sanada in the Revolution.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Vaguido posted:

AJ asking Shane to keep him on Smackdown Live and showing him respect was really weird and counterproductive to the idea of moving AJ so I don't know how they're going to write him over to Raw without Shane coming off as bitter dick, which is going to hurt his face credibility more than fighting the most over wrestler in the company in a wrestling match

We have no idea what the Superstar Shakeup even is. They've emphasized that it's not a draft, so it's unclear if the GM's even have any say over the switches. For all we know it's names in a drum or musical chairs (I hope it's musical chairs)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford (now known as "The Street _______" obviously not their name, maybe it was "Posse") defeat Dylan Miley & HoHo Lun, Dylan Miley destroyed HoHo Lun post match

Well I sure hope you guys enjoyed that tag team while it lasted. Probably all of 5 minutes.

Dammit couldn't we just have two weeks of Big Hands Big Heart

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Except they're doing some bizarre thing where the bully is the face so not really?

Are you in any way surprised that TNA would take the position of 'hmm maybe JBL is the real victim here'

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wasn't Sutter fighting for months to get with Allie? And they're breaking them up already, haha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

From what I could tell from the spoilers, EC3 talks to the belt and implies he wants to gently caress it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jenna von Muscles is legit the best wrestling name I've ever heard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

this is just like vietnam

Insanely good

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's in the rider?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The only thing I'm surprised about there is that he hasn't vision boarded his way to TNA yet. Though they probably blew most of their wad on Del Rio.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What does trying real hard mean for Ryback, is it cutting out and pasting pictures of Gedo on a large piece of Bristol board surrounded by the word DESTINY written in glitter paint

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Platypus Farm posted:

That would be as exciting as sanity

It would be very good and I'd be hyped for it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Silly in the good as hell way maybe

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

Honestly, 90% of the reason Vince keeps pushing him is that everyone loving hates him. Vince buckles down and gets loving crazy whenever people go against him.

Roman's been so bleh that if people responded moderately well, he probably would've been parity booked into oblivion by now in lieu of someone else.

We'd better start vociferously booing Lars "Leg Day" Sullivan now, then.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

Will anyone under the age of 30 give a gently caress about War Games though? It is just a flatter Hell in the Cell.

It's not remotely this. You should take some time between now and Takeover to watch some War Games matches on the award-winning WWE Network

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Put it in the video game and sell the playset for the action figures and schoolyards across America will be awash with the blood of hapless nerds whose faces have been raked across chainlink fence

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I think the setup mostly stays the same, maybe they change the style of cage a bit for visibility. The staggered entrances are pretty key to the match and already happens in Elimination Chamber and the Rumble, so I'd imagine that's staying too. I don't care much for the subs but it should be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What are the new elements?