Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They should just give Almas his mask back and put him in the suit, it's a million times better than the Latino American Males getup he has now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Vince will push Joe to the moon for about a month before somebody tells him that he's actually not part of the Anoa'i family

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Don't Bet On Wrestling, the Battleground edition:

code:
The Usos +400
Breezango -600

Dean Ambrose -420
Seth Rollins +450
Roman Reigns +800

Sami Zayn -600
Kevin Owens +400

John Cena & Enzo & Cass -675
AJ Styles & The Club +425

Becky Lynch +600
Natalya -1200

The Miz -400
Darren Young +600

Rusev -900
Zack Ryder +500

The New Day +305
The Wyatt Family -425

Sasha Banks & partner -750
Charlotte & Dana Brooke +450
Becky Lynch's transformation into Irish Ziggler continues

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sticklefifer posted:

I had no idea Usos/Breezango was even a match. Was there an actual segment, or just "tag teams lol"?

It's more like "poo poo we forgot to book a pre-show match, uhhhhh Usos/Breezango"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Not gonna lie, I would mark pretty hard for a BFFs reunion on the main roster

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wonder if Storm is getting buyer's remorse about sticking with TNA after seeing Aries and Roode stroll into NXT and immediately get prominent spots.

poo poo, even Eric Young got a one-off main event match with Joe. They were practically begging to push Storm during his taping appearance.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Turning Broken Matt face will probably have the same problems as WWE does with Face New Day (in that their gimmicks were bizarre vanity projects that somehow got over and then they became bland catchphrase-spewing automatons), but I can't blame TNA for running with the one thing that's actually given them positive buzz this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If they don't give baby Maxel the BROKEN haircut style then they're just leaving money on the table

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Here's what we have so far

code:
Brock Lesnar -350
Randy Orton +250

Finn Balor -300
Seth Rollins +220

Dean Ambrose -900
Dolph Ziggler +500

Sasha Banks +175
Charlotte -245

The Miz -400
Apollo Crews +280

John Cena +380
AJ Styles -570

The New Day +255
The Club -365

Enzo & Cass +250
Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens -350

Rusev -285
Roman Reigns +205

Cesaro +200
Sheamus -280
Hopefully plans change because I have less than zero desire to see Charlotte holding the belt again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Sasha/Charlotte odds being this low this late pretty much confirms it won't be a clean finish, so I'm guessing Sasha keeps the belt after whatever wacky bullshit they're planning.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet it's something like Charlotte pins Sasha through some Dana fuckery, but then Mick comes out and says she's banned so orders the match restarted, and then Sasha wins.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT tapings ongoing right now

quote:

- Tom Phillips and Corey Graves are still the commentary team.

- Daria def. Billie Kay with a triangle. This was a dark match.

- Tye Dillinger def. Buddy Murphy.

- There was a backstage interview with Tommaso Chiampa that led to a brawl when The Revival beat him down out into the ring.

- Steve Cutler def. Kenneth Crawford.

- No Way Jose def. Angelo Dawkins.

- Liv Morgan def. Aliyah, though there was nothing but criticism for her finish. Aliyah was rocking some new gear and had different entrance music.

- Shinsuke Nakamura showed up to cut a promo saying he was still hurting from his match with Samoa Joe at Takeover: Brooklyn II but he's champion now and the era of Strong Style has begun.

- Asuka squashed Danielle Kamela in the latter's debut. By squashed I mean she had the Asuka Lock and tap within the first 10 seconds.

- TM 61 def. Tony Nese & Daivari.

- Ember Moon def. Leah Vaughn.

- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Steve Cutler. Samoa Joe was on commentary for this and he bailed in a huff after the match.

- Austin Aries def. Andrade Almas in a long match. No suspenders, though!

- Oney Lorcan def. Tino Sabbatelli with a half crab.

- Samoa Joe showed up to cut a promo. He called out Shinsuke Nakamura and said he wanted his rematch. The champ agreed. Then Joe beat him down. They threw up the "X" and Nakamura did a stretcher job, with William Regal and Corey Graves out to check on him while he was being loaded up.

- Liv Morgan def. Rachael Ellering and cut a promo after calling out Asuka.

- Hideo Itami def. Drew Gulak with, yes, the GTS.

- Authors of Pain def. Local athletes in a squash.

- Bobby Roode def. No Way Jose. They gave him another big entrance, this time with a platform.

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 26, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sanity is still only like the 8th or 9th-dumbest gimmick Eric Young has had in his career.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
More taping results

quote:

Jack Gallagher def. Noam Dar in the dark match.
Samoa Joe cut a promo to open the first episode, demanding that NXT general manager William Regal strip Shinsuke Nakamura of the NXT Championship under threat of Joe injuring the rest of the roster.
Austin Aries def. Oney Lorcan and then cut a promo calling Hideo Itami out. Itami showed up and predictably, Aries bailed.
Billie Kay def. Aliyah.
Cedric Alexander def. Andrade “Cien” Almas.
William Regal announces that the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic starts tonight! 16 teams, same as last time, and the finals will take place at NXT TakeOver: Toronto. Get hyped!
Tye Dillinger def. Angelo Dawkins.
Bobby Roode then came out to offer Dillinger his tag partnership in the Dusty. Tye accepts and it’s official, Perfectly Glorious are the first tag team entered in the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic!
The Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) vs. The Ealy Brothers (Gabriel & Uriel Ealy) is the first first round match of the 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. Or at least it was supposed to be, because Joe came out and destroyed the Ealy Brothers and told Regal that he has to make a decision if he wants to beatings to end.
Ember Moon def. Mandy Rose
Authors of Pain def. Mr. 450 & Ben Dejo Cruz. Paul Ellering then says the first stage was arrival, the second stage is a plethora of pain, and that’s all we need to know.
Asuka def. Liv Morgan in short order.
Asuka is then interviewed as to who she thinks her next challenger will be, she says nobody is ready for her.
Hideo Itami def. Lince Dorado. After the match, Austin Aries runs down and blindsides Itami, but Hideo manages to fight him off.
Authors of Pain def. Bollywood Boyz in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match.
Rich Swann def. Patrick Clark.
Peyton Royce def. Danielle Kamela. Peyton was managed by Billie Kay for this one, so they’re a unit now, presumably.
Dan Matha comes out for a match and Joe destroys him, as promised. Better make your call soon, Mr. Regal.
The Revival def. Andrade “Cien” Almas & Cedric Alexander in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match. Andrade turned on Cedric and beat him down after, guess he’s finally feeling Ingobernable.
Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton) def. Perfectly Glorious (Bobby Roode & Tye Dillinger) in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match after Bobby Roode takes a walk and leaves Dillinger hanging. Wolfe & Fulton are accompanied by a third man and a woman— the man is Eric Young, their leader, and the woman is Nikki Storm!
Billie Kay def. Liv Morgan with a little bit of help from Peyton Royce.
TM-61 (Nick Miller & Shane Thorne) def. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli in a 2016 Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic first round match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
In hindsight, it's really loving weird that Corbin/Rhyno made the final round.

At least Joe/Finn winning last year made storyline sense, since they just went "hey we're the best wrestlers on this show, let's team up and win that trophy. Also, you owe me one for this Finn, hint hint wink wink I keep slapping your belt which is totally subtle."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still think the gimmick is a little too high-concept for someone who's supposed to be a future main roster star, but cool music and a cool finisher will get you far in WWE. I have high hopes for Ember.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sasha can't get through a regular TV match without taking stupid joshi-style bumps, I have no clue how she's going to survive a HIAC match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why the gently caress is TNA paying Al Snow to wrestle in TYOOL 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm just happy that Mickie James is healthy and ready to compete again after her near-death experience on the train tracks.

E: Real talk, I like Mickie and I'm sure Asuka will get a good match out of her, but man, how low is their confidence in the current NXT women's division that they have to trot out Mickie James as a credible Takeover challenger in 2016?

Benne fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 14, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

RealFoxy posted:

It's the Samoa Joe issue x10 because NXT doesn't have enough big name female stars to just trot out for believable feuds. They're grooming Ember Moon to take the title off her, but she's still got to grow. The rest of the girls are alright but don't really have name recognition.

I think they could actually stall out until Io Shirai comes in, if she was really signed. I think an Io Shirai/Ember Moon feud would be much more enjoyable than Asuka/Ember Moon

I just think it's a problem with not creating new stars to hold the high standards NXT created for itself with the women's division. They coasted off the Horsewomen for almost two years, and brought in Asuka to act as a bridge for the new generation, but somehow forgot Step 2 in building up fresh faces. They were trying to build up something worthwhile with Nia/Alexa/Dana/Carmella, but those all got sniped in the draft. Now the division is Asuka, Ember Moon who may or may not get over because she's still new, the Aussies who've been spinning their wheels for a year, and a bunch of random people. Nikki Cross has potential, but she's busy in a stable right now.

So it's partly bad luck and bad timing, but it's also just bad planning. They keep bringing in random indie midcard dudes because "we want veteran hands," but didn't bring in any veteran women to help with that division. So we end up with months of bad matches between green women who can't connect with the crowd, and the champ has no decent challengers left, so they have to call in a name from the past to fill a Takeover spot. That's not good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
TM61 do absolutely nothing for me

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
code:
Roman Reigns -1500
Rusev +700

Kevin Owens -1065
Seth Rollins +555

Sasha Banks -320
Charlotte Flair +240

TJ Perkins +170
Brian Kendrick -230

The New Day -145
Cesaro & Sheamus +105

Enzo & Cass +320
The Club -460

Bayley -1350
Dana Brooke +650

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are they seriously going to do a gently caress finish in a HIAC blowoff just to protect Charlotte's PPV streak

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

cant gently caress finish a no dq match

Vince Russo says hi

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DoctorGonzo posted:

Tonight, in the role of Kane: Nia Jax.

Nia ripping off the door would actually own, which means it has no chance of happening

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
loving lol that Apollo Crews jobbed to the comedy jobber

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A Raw clean sweep would be the funniest outcome so I'm rooting for that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

dont even fink about it posted:

I do get the feeling that inside people are betting on booking that they know about. In fact that's pretty much the inescapable conclusion.

This is why the odds always swing wildly a few hours before the show, that's when booking is usually finalized (barring Vince wackiness) and the inside guys place their bets. Everything before that is just educated guesses based on the buildup to matches.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought 205 live was taped before Smackdown where are my spoilers

It's airing after Smackdown, hence the "Live" in the title.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Speaking of which, is NXT Kids ever seeing the light of day? They taped episodes with Graves and a bunch of kids on commentary, and we saw that leaked clip of Izzy interviewing Big Show, but I haven't heard anything of it since then.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

oatgan posted:

it was produced for a student project not as a real tv pilot so it might leak somewhere down the line but i doubt wwe has any plans to do anything with it

This just raises more questions. I know the NXT production crew is made up of Full Sail students, so was this like a finals project they cooked up together? And if so, how were they able to wrangle Big Show into it?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NXT tapings so far:

quote:

Percy Watson (of Season 2 original-format NXT fame) has joined the announce booth as a third man.
Tian Bing over Wesley Blake in the dark match.
#DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) come down to open the show, celebrating in the crowd for a moment. They go to cut a promo but the Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) and Paul Ellering interrupt. They also get interrupted in turn as the Revival (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson) come out and claim to be the real #1 contenders. The Authors shove the Revival and Paul insists that they will be the next champions.
SAnitY (Alexander Wolfe & Eric Young) over No Way Jose & Rich Swann. Sawyer Fulton did not come out with SAnitY, and Eric Young stomped on his jacket and threw it out of the ring before the match. Big Damo, on the other hand, made an impact, coming out to attack Jose. He also threw the jacket down after the match.
Ember Moon over Kimber Lee.
Heavy Machinery (Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight) over Johnny Knockout (who you’ll remember as the guy Braun squashed that liked “big, sweaty men”) and ???.
Tye Dillinger over Eric Young by disqualification after Nikki Cross attacks Tye. Big Damo laid him out after, as well, and was friendly with SAnitY on his way to the back. The win qualifies Tye for a fatal four-way to crown the next #1 contender to the NXT Championship, however.
Andrade “Cien” Almas over No Way Jose in another qualifier for the #1 contendership match.
Elias Samson comes out to play a song.
Roderick Strong over Elias Samson, also a qualifier for the #1 contendership match.
Bobby Roode over Oney Lorcan in the final qualifier for the #1 contendership match.
Peyton Royce over Sarah Bridges (Crazy Mary Dobson).
Shinsuke Nakamura over Patrick Clark.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Billie Kay over Daria Berenato, with assistance from Peyton Royce. The iconic duo then claim that this is a message to the entire women’s division and challenge Asuka.
Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) over Jonny Vandal & ??? by legitimate stoppage after a spot where they powerbombed Vandal onto his partner went wrong and they knocked heads. The Authors don’t care who they get at TakeOver, they’re coming for the titles.
Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Bobby Roode vs. Roderick Strong vs. Tye Dillinger for the #1 contendership to the NXT Championship, which is apparently an elimination match.
Roderick Strong eliminates Andrade “Cien” Almas.
Tye Dillinger eliminates Roderick Strong.
Bobby Roode wins, last eliminating Tye Dillinger and becoming #1 contender to the NXT Championship.

I guess Nak is getting the belt back so they don't do heel vs. heel.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Welp, guess they're not doing that spot anymore. The Authors are green but generally safe workers for their bruising style (or at least I haven't seen any obvious sloppiness from them), so this just looks like an unfortunate accident.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like how they upgraded the Sanity faction while continuing Sawyer Fulton's gimmick of "failed gimmicks."

Reunite with Angelo Dawkins, Fulton. It's your true destiny. (Until you both get released in the post-Mania spring cleaning.)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

rovert posted:

Anthony Bowens who AoP injured tonight is in a bad way according to those at the hospital. Keep him in your thoughts.

Oh no :(

I hope the Authors don't get buried for this, they have a lot of potential and it looked like a genuine fluke accident.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Alright, after seeing it a few more times I'll concede your guys' point. That was just a bad botch. I hope Bowens is okay and AoP use this as a learning experience (as in, "don't loving do that spot again.")

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

schweens posted:

Mainly because Roode's appeal is greatly reduced once his entrance is over and he starts wrestling.

When Roode showed up I was wondering why people who watched TNA were calling him Diet Triple H. Then I saw him wrestle and I was like holy poo poo, that is so accurate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, Neville didn't have a lot of personality, but he did pretty well playing the "straight man" to the more colorful characters he feuded with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a shitload of heel wins, I wonder if one or two of them will flip before the show.