Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

insert Show into the AJ/Shane match, that'll make it interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

im gonna be so mad if shane comes out and says "aj, i'm not gonna fight you, but i have someone who will" and then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLazJKggCd0

hits

tbh if this happened and they did, like, a Last Man Standing match, that'd be cool

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

they're really going to embarrass the Wyatt Family for the fourth Wrestlemania in a row huh

wow. Thought they'd want to create a great top heel, but noooooope

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Anyway, the smart money hasn't come in yet, so we'll see what happens on the night.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Would be hard to do with Bray Wyatt.

Bray pinned John Cena and AJ Styles clean in the past couple of months. He has all the momentum behind him as champion, and he's actually been booked strongly up to this point. If they wanted a good, young main event heel to keep Smackdown going, it would be an incredibly good idea to have Bray retain against Randy at Wrestlemania.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I still think they missed a trick by not keeping Randy allied to the Wyatt Family + doing Goldberg/Lesnar/Orton and Wyatt/Harper, but eh. What's done is done.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Not sure about the idea of a Roode/Itami feud, especially if they're going to drag it out to the next Takeover. I'd much rather Itami goes to Raw/205 Live sooner rather than later.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Astro7x posted:

There are literally 6 shows until the next Takeover in May

oh. that was fast. Hope they pull the trigger on Roode/Gargano after that then.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh they should do that more often. Always thought their biggest mistake last year was not holding a Takeover between Summerslam and Survivor Series.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Thought the WWE owned the Spirit Squad gimmick. Guessing this is literally just Kenny Dykstra and Mike Mondo and the writer just got lazy.

e: no, wait, they're actually billed as the Spirit Squad on Cagematch, so...idk?

Venomous fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 9, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That'd be good too although I don't know what the endgame would be. I like that both of SD's authority figures are faces.

Shane/Bryan in an unsanctioned match for the right to keep AJ Styles on Smackdown, to which AJ goes 'ah, y'know what Bryan, you're a nice guy, I don't wanna see you getting murdered, I'll just go to Raw. have a great day y'all'

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't he go from wasted on RAW to wasted on SD? And he was never really in NXT, right? So Uhaa Nation's entire run in WWE has been totally nothing, right?

wasn't his thing on the indies that he was a flippy guy, but then Vince called him up early b/c he's a big guy and he can do big guy stuff, or something like that?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Seriously? Because I pretty much skipped WM because of AJ vs Shane and Goldberg vs Brock.

Seriously. AJ/Shane was the best match on the show and Goldberg/Lesnar was exactly what it had to be. Triple H/Rollins was also pretty great, but the crowd was unfortunately dead for the most part.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

I hope Ellsworth will get to hang out like their dumber little brother or something

gdi I nearly wrote a thing where they called him 'Little Jimmy' but then I remembered that R-Truth did the thing first and he's on Raw

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

plot twist: it'll be Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal VERSUS SAMI ZAYN!

...please let it be that, just so this match is in some way not boring as gently caress. Heck, ideally just don't have Jinder in the match. Have Corbin in there, or something like that.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Randy Orton (c) defeats Jinder Mahal (0:06)

e: the main event of Backlash is probably going to be the US title match, right?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Nikki should still win tbh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

It's better to just accept the WWE's booking as it is and know that nothing you do can change a thing now that they're still making money hand over fist, and they will continue to do so until Vince dies and investors lose confidence in Triple H and Stephanie. Tranquilo.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The difference between Goldberg and Bryan is that Bryan can actually still wrestle. You put him in the ring with, say, Nakamura, and they'll blow the fuckin roof off, especially if it's in a smarky city like Chicago. Granted, I see your point that it may be a problem going forward, but idk, this is a hypothetical situation which'll never happen if the WWE has anything to say about it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Guessing that Bushiroad will take over the WWE in the end, just because it'll still have value as a brand in America, moreso than NJPW anyway. Truly they will become the Global Wrestling Monopoly that Tiger Mask W sought to combat.

(Of course, they're going to job out Tiger Mask W to Roman in the end, because some things never change.)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh I realise now that they changed their plans for WM30 because Network subs weren't at a stable, profitable level and most of their revenue still came from PPVs and DVDs and stuff like that, whereas they could afford to push Roman into the main event of the last three WMs because people would still subscribe to the Network regardless of his push

they're literally just doing what Vince wants because they're making money regardless of who's pushed to the top, so if they have an ace that works a safe style + works really good matches now and again, who gives a poo poo about what the fans think?

(of course, this mindset will change quite sharply when their TV deal expires and/or when Vince dies)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Master Blaster!

This was apparently with Miz's IC title shot on the line too.

Oh good, IC Champ Finn Bálor is gonna be fun

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

They neglected to have an American Alpha match on SDL again, didn't they?

loving idiots.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Mulaney Power Move posted:

didn't one of them blow out his hips or something

ohhhhh if so that makes sense

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Was there another Fashion Police?

Yes, and it was amazing https://streamable.com/6mzl3

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Currently:

Welcoming Committee -1,350
The Usos -600
Luke Harper -530
Kevin Owens -265
Jinder Mahal -210
Sami Zayn -190

Guessing that Jinder will win by DQ and MITB will have a triple threat b/w Jinder, Randy and Rusev

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 22, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Depends. Is Roman in the match?

Nope. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura and Ziggler. So yeah, it'll probably be good

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I don't want Randy Orton anywhere near the main event anymore tia

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So why's Bennett going straight to Smackdown? Does Triple H really not like him or something?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh if Jinder loses the title back to Orton then I can absolutely see Rusev beating Cenahahahahaha no

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Benne posted:

I'd rather see Jinder hold the title for 5 straight years than give it back to Randy loving Orton

same, I would rather that Jinder lost the title to, idk, Lesnar

e: actually, you know what'd be good? Roman beats Lesnar at SS, Lesnar's like 'okay, if Cena's a free agent, then gently caress it, so am I, and I want another title run' and he beats Jinder at, idk, HIAC? and loses the title to, I dunno, Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania, and they build up to Styles/Nakamura II at Summerslam next year or something like that. I mean, they should do Styles/Nakamura II at Wrestlemania, but Shinsuke needs to get his win back over Brock, so yeah.

e2: I mean ideally Brock should never have another title run after this, but gently caress it, they'll probably go that way or something like it

e3: actually, gently caress that poo poo, Styles should just beat Jinder at HIAC.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 1, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbf he isn't any worse than Diesel or Sid or Vince

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Hopefully they do Braun/Brock at Summerslam and Braun goes over, just so they have a champ that's actually cheered for once

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Honestly, if I were Bayley right now, I'd be petitioning hard to Vince to let her go back down to NXT where she was well written and not used badly. Same with Finn.

e: wrong thread, but w/e, this counts as a spoiler I guess

Dave on the next Superstar Shakeup posted:

Another aspect being talked about is to send one or more wrestlers from the main roster to NXT. Names in particular would be people who were major stars in NXT that Vince McMahon simply isn’t going to push even if they are over, or people who are doing nothing on the main roster with the idea they could be more useful as major players on NXT.

Chris James 2 posted:

Hope Tye enjoyed the little time on actual TV he had. He gets sent back to NXT, he's never coming back up

Venomous fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 28, 2017

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Has anyone actually said he's one of the names being suggested? I think this is people just assuming. Stupidly.

Never assumed poo poo, just said that it's something he might want to consider since he'll never be pushed towards the main event again while Vince is alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, w/r/t Bayley, wasn't her thing that she didn't want to move to the main roster in the first place b/c she didn't want her character to be ruined? I dunno.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The main reason I said the Finn thing is stupid is I'd almost toxx on him being back in the main event scene within the next few months. Brock is really jamming that scene up and it won't be as much of an issue soon.

Or they move Finn to SD and he's at the top of the card there. People are mistaking placeholder feuds for a depush.

These are both fair and valid points and I'd actually love to see WWE Champion Finn Bálor at some point.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Good an opportunity as any to turn Roddy once Drew wins the strap

whaaaaaaa? They went through all that trouble building him up as a babyface, so why the hell would they turn him now?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Hunter's WarGames boner ends with Cole/O'Reilly/Fish/Dijak against Strong/Itami/Ohno/Black at Mania or something like that I will flip the gently caress out.

tbh they could just do this matchup as a Survivor Series tag match at Takeover: Houston? Wouldn't have the same impact, but idk, it'd be cool

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

The important question that nobody's asked: where the gently caress are the Authors of Pain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Faustian Bargain posted:

Roman probably would've gotten over better if they didn't insist on trying to make him John Cena Lite and just let him be a destroyer badass man-of-few-words.

if he were Braun, then