Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
they're going to run it in to the ground, but tbh quadrupling down on the one thing that has generated any buzz for them in years is probably their best option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
I'm a little skeptical of the shoot nature of this but people are saying that Ibushi just got eliminated from the CWC because he forgot WWE uses a 10 count ring out. I wouldn't put it past them to do a "Mil Mascaras in the Royal Rumble" type spot if he wanted to be protected in losing in some way.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Yeah my bad. I got the impression they actually called it as a shoot and just ran with it.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Ring of Honour

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Tato posted:

I feel like when she was signed in the first place, Meltzer said there were no plans to ever bring her to the main roster and she was signed specifically for NXT. Then again, I don't think anyone knew NXT would become such a thing then. Also, they've done such a good job of building her as an unstoppable monster that there's really very little else for her to do there and almost no other women's wrestler has any credibility/can get the crowd behind them when they're in the ring with Asuka.

NXT was more of a thing when she was hired than it is now lol. at least in terms of fan hype/interest. i guess they are touring more big buildings now.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 28, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
roman reigns is good and i'm glad he's main eventing wrestle mania

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
he really hasn't made the in-ring transition to the WWE style very well either

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Hans Kimura

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Roman is a lot better wrestler and more charismatic than Finn

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
also lol regardless of what you think of Brock's matches calling his performances lazy is insane

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Sanguinia posted:

Glad I got to start my day off being spat at.

what on earth

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Roman is good

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
idek what people's problem with Roman is now other than crowds boo him and there's other guys they'd rather see pushed ahead of him. the former shouldn't matter to your own opinion and the latter is at best letting perfect be the enemy of good (and I'm not convinced there's a better guy for the role right now anyway)

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

VJeff posted:

There's a real inconsistency problem here too. From the Royal Rumble to Wrestlemania, he was just acting like a smug prick 100% of the time, whether it was to Braun, Undertaker, or whatever else. Then he retires the Undertaker, the most beloved guy in the entire company, and the night after, he's a smug prick again to the audience and a bunch of people cream their pants over what a great job he did standing there and not doing anything for five minutes.

Then they're immediately trying to get sympathy and casting him as an underdog. Like, what the gently caress? No, he just retired the loving Undertaker, nobody is gonna feel bad for him. Unless they actually wanted people to cheer "YOU DESERVE IT" at him getting his rear end kicked because durr hurr a reaction's a reaction context is meaningless.

It's been said many times that Vince cares primarily about if guys get a reaction, not the nature of that reaction. and why not? it shows fans are invested, and the company is making money hand over fist anyway. I know people desperately want the Roman push to be a demonstrable failure but it just isn't on either a business or creative level.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

VJeff posted:

Yeah but it's not anything about Roman Reigns inherently that's getting the reaction, it's the booking the guy has that people are pissed off at.

The most Roman himself has done to get the reaction he has is be kinda lame at promos and wrestling relatively to his peers.

if it works it works :shrug:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
there was a good Brandon Howard article recently about how while ratings are down there's substantial evidence that overall interest is about at the level it's always been.

here it is http://www.fightful.com/read-this-article-before-sounding-alarm-about-wwe-tv-ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Djarum posted:

I think that UFC is not going to get near the deal they were expecting a year ago which is going to send ramifications throughout the rest of the sports deals going forward. The WWE is not going to get this good of a deal ever again, ratings are in a huge decline for a multitude of reasons; increased competition from other media, the rise of indie and overseas wrestling, oversaturation of the product, the 3rd hour of Raw, lack of real superstars, etc. With NBC/Universal being the only real suitor I can really see them not making as near of a big offer and likely for shorter term.

If they were going to seriously right the ship it would be right now as it would take at least 2 years to really get the product hot again but as we have seen there is no chance of that happening.

idk if it's that easy to call how cable TV reacts to the continuing decline of the industry. for all we know that makes a strong ratings winner like WWE even more valuable.