Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

The same/similar forces in NXT who were anti him are still there. Bobby Roode is everything Terry Taylor & Co. thinks what a top wrestler should be while Ohno ain't. So Roode beat him clean.
That and they probably want to give Roode a longer reign than 2 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Why the hell is Trips hot on the Drifter? I'd be super fine never seeing him on TV ever again
He's well liked and has the body that they like, plus whether X-Pac heat or not he still gets heat regardless and people like seeing him get his rear end kicked.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man the betting odds off tonight for once

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Benne posted:

Everybody bitched about all the heels going over last year so of course WWE would wildly overcorrect this year
Honestly I rather have the faces win overwhelmingly at a Mania over the heels in attempt to get Roman Reigns over.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Spermgod posted:

MAKE BRAY LOOK STRONG is one of the weirder preoccupations of this forum imo
Especially since is the natural conclusion of the storyline where the face beats the evil cult man. I like how people are twisting this like Randy is the heel do people forget that Bray's character is evil incarnate?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Benne posted:

5Dimes lines are out now that the card is finalized

code:
Braun Strowman wins Andre battle royale -750
Field wins Andre battle royale +450

Naomi +100
Carmella +175
Alexa Bliss +850
Becky Lynch +900
Mickie James 1100
Natalya +1700

Neville -420
Austin Aries +300

Bray Wyatt +250
Randy Orton -350

Brock Lesnar -2750
Goldberg +1250

The Undertaker +250
Roman Reigns -350

John Cena & Nikki Bella -1750
Miz & Maryse +850

Seth Rollins -565
Triple H +375

Shane McMahon +650
AJ Styles -1350

Bayley -450
Sasha Banks +570
Charlotte Flair +900
Nia Jax +1800

Chris Jericho +450
Kevin Owens -750

Dean Ambrose +650
Baron Corbin -1350

Enzo & Cass -230
Gallows & Anderson +215
Cesaro & Sheamus +1150
Still no surprises, although some of those odds are close enough that they could flip over the weekend if Plans Change.
Honestly I hope these results stay the same.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mania is bad for betting odds since the decisions can be made at the last second it seems

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

God Terry Taylor sucks and I wish he didn't have influence on NXT booking

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Now its a fatal fourway

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Nakamura actually beat down Dolph which is weird for the person watching that show to get wrong

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Guess Vince realized this show was in Rich Swann's Hometown since he and Sasha were the favorites for a while

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

:lol:
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/878381183482044416

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

ACH you loving idiot
I mean he probably got an offer from them while not getting anything from the Fed because they are log jammed with talent right now.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

I could make add a bunch of qualifiers and be cryptic. But gently caress it but the word is someone most likely Lio Rush is finishing up with CZW tonight.
Guess Rush is joining the Force then

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

Old way: Build up spooky supernatural heels for years and ride their built up credibility for a decade or more

New way: lol more like Bray Diet *loses clean in 11 minutes*
But have you considered that without competition that wins and losses no longer matter?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

oatgan posted:

spooky supernatural heels should always be treated like the jokes that they are
Honestly Bray would have been better if he wasn't supernatural at all and just a crazy cult preacher

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/885288338063839232

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Build up that Ohno feud and then has no real blow off except confirming Itami's heel turn.
I hope at the very least they tie in that Ohno helped train Black

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Man shame KOR wasn't allowed to debut and sign earlier this year, probably would have avoided getting jobbed out on his first match.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Benne posted:

Serena Deeb over Vanessa Borne
Shayna Baszler over Zeda (apparently Rousey was in the front row for this match)
The entire 4 horsewomen were there, shame they couldn't have Sasha, Becky, and Charlotte be there with Bayley

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Shayna Baszler had words with Charlotte, Bayley, and Becky before flashing a 4 at them, so I guess they are trying to get a 4 HW vs 4 HW match going?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MotU posted:

cant believe theyre pushing shayna so hard to try and get ronda to do wwe
I mean it probably isn't that hard since she's a fan of the WWE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/889207439391948800

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I just know that I for one will be shocked that this WWE event will probably be subpar for the people who like NJPW's product

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also for people who like wwe's product
Well yeah I'm probably not going to watch it since it doesn't look to be a good show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

rovert posted:

And some of the 205ers to make space for newer cast members.
Hopefully Brian Kendrick can go away and be a coach instead of having matches where he wins with a loving headlock

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, because who would want to see Cena and Joe do an extended program. They've never managed to get the people invested in a PPV match with short notice. :rolleyes:

And why save Reigns beating Cena for Survivor Series or the Rumble when it can be the undercard on a Raw B-show.
Because despite being a big 4 show, Survivor Series is kind of treated like poo poo by WWE

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

VJeff posted:

That's actually a fairly clever way to get heat on Velveteen Dream, robbing us of another Good-rear end Aleister Black Match, but uh, it doesn't do great things for ol' Lio.
Kind of funny considering Lio and Dream were a tag team for a bit in the Indies

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/908503878794186752
Apparently it was just as good as the first match

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Fabian Aichner defeats Johnny Gargano via roll-up :laffo:
Aichner is actually a pretty underrated wrestler and they are doing a pretty good story with Gargano not getting over Ciampa so I'm fine with it

Also Almas vs Drew is set for Takeover Houston, finally things are looking up for Sombra

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/915733230338416640
Roddy can't resist joining a team with a manager who's gimmick is that he has a book of knowledge

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

So Takeover is

WarGames
Sanity Vs. Undisputed Era vs. AOP/Strong

NXT Title
Drew McIntyre vs. Andrade Almas

Women's Title
Kairi Sane vs. Nikki Cross vs. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce

Aleister Black vs. Velveteen Dream?
Lars vs Kassius it seems

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I've spent all weekend thinking if Owens wins, it's the only result the crowd will like

Definitely won't be shocked if that result doesn't happen either. Buckle up yall
I don't know I rather have Charlotte having the women's title than Nattie

And the Usos New Day feud is good enough that I don't care who wins since the matches are great

Plus Bobby Roode is probably going to beat Dolph

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

there is your answer.
"Wins and Losses Don't Matter" ~Road Dogg

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

So the Shield is going to bury every cool and good person on the roster in one match?
No because Miz is probably taking the fall and just because a team loses doesn't mean they are buried.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The Shield Winning Is Now Bad, Because
Because its a cynical attempt to get Roman over even though this is how it should have always been, Roman would way more of an actual star if the Shield remained a unit and he won the belt off Brock at Mania while Seth and Dean could have been IC/US or Tag Champs

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

For those of you hoping for Usos vs Shield at Survivor Series, get hosed.

The Bar won the tag titles back tonight, so now its The Bar vs The Usos at Survivor Series.

Yet another Heel vs Heel match. :psyduck:
Usos have actually been faces for a few weeks as of late since winning the feud against the New Day

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

VJeff posted:

Y'know, I was thinking to myself "If they put the IC Title on Braun, Survivor Series could be a really good show between Braun/Corbin hoss-off and Shield/Usos match. And if they put the world title on AJ, it could be an incredible show."

:laffo:

This is where I am right now. I love me some NXT Takeover no matter what but frankly, with a filler NXT Title defense, the tag titles not being defended and Gargano not wrestling, I might just skip this weekend altogether. Survivor Series itself holds zero loving appeal to me now

Maybe I'm just bein' a party pooper here but Shield/New Day sounds fun but so much less cool than Shield/Usos champs vs. champs, something I was legitimately really excited for.
The NXT Title defense is actually the most interesting defense in quite awhile since its been really well built in making Almas a challenger since beating Gargano at Takeover Brooklyn, also the Black/Dream match should be great as well.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Huh I guess that explains why the press release for the Indian Tour said Jinder was a 2 time WWE champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think so. She posted a picture of herself driving around Florida this morning, I think. Kairi is going to be down in NXT for awhile still, and probably end up taking the title from Ember at the New Orleans Takeover.

It could be a returning talent, for all we know. Like Kaitlyn. Or Michelle McCool. Or anyone else. There were also rumors about moving Nia to Smackdown.
I would imagine it not being Kaitlin, Casey wouldn't really be pumped for that. Though knowing him its probably Kelly Kelly