Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maybe I remember it wrong but despite turning out to be mostly accurate didn't most of these AEW spoilers end up having one or two short segments in them that ended up not happening? E.g. the match when Cody lost the TNT title to Brodie Lee being just as described except the spoiler mentioned interference from Cardona which obviously didn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Davros1 posted:

My favorite was the year they said Daniel Bryan wasn't going to be in it, and he wasn't in it, and people got upset because they were still certain he was going to be in it.

That's because people thought WWE wouldn't be stupid enough to not have the most over guy in the Rumble. Alas, WWE was stupid enough and thus Rey Mysterio got the worst boos he had ever gotten in his entire career.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Nobody active, anyway.

Well, there is a semi-retired wrestler who's HOT, who's SPICY, and who TASTES GOOD, though I hear he feels like his gimmick doesn't fit in modern times. Maybe with some tweaks though...

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

harperdc posted:

Unleashing Super Dragon on TNT would be loving astonishing, I just want to hear Excalibur call that

[edit] Chris Jericho potentially taking a psycho driver :stare:

Jericho taking a Psycho Driver would be more dangerous for him than any of the spots in the Gage match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

HE'S JUST FUSTRATED!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/1476024172576915457
The best tag team in the world is back.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

Rampage spoilers:

TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA! HOLLA!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Was a bit of a shock to see Kendrick on that list, before realising that actually that theme was from 5 months ago and not as recent as the other ones.

Also interesting that Brock Anderson and Beepie are getting actual music, wonder what this means for Griff and Shotty.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

AEW Dark tapings:
https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/aew-dark-spoilers-from-orlando-florida-july-16

drat, there are like 50 matches or segments that have been taped, these matches should last for quite a few episodes.

Also, the Slim J that is mentioned in the spoilers, is that the same Slim J that was a member of Special K in early ROH?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Counterpoint: Mox is gonna make Sammy bleed in the semifinal.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So, is Colt Cabana basically retired from in-ring action these days? So many ROH matches and the only mentions of him are as a Pure title judge.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Good to know. Sucks that he's injured, but glad he's still active. Still want one more match with him with/against Yano.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

ROH:

Satoshi Kojima defeats Tony Nese after Nese shittalks bread

Wow, what a monster, hope Kojima elbowdropped his cock.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Considering even a low-level jobber like Vinnie Massaro got a couple of matches in AEW, I suspect the only people Tony would never even consider (aside from guys like currently signed to WWE like Escobar or Ricochet) are the actual criminals like Joey Ryan and ADR.

That said, I hope at some point we do get appearances from Rey Horus, Cheerleader Melissa and Mil Muertes.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Just wait until Ari Smart Mark Sterling makes the trifecta

Gotta make sure Ethan really wants it.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

Mobile formatting made that look like Athena was defending the title against Billie Starkz and a whole bunch of dudes plus one mystery opponent, and that sounds more interesting.

Kyle Fletcher getting a chance to win the ROH Women's title would be rather weird, but the idea of Athena facing Dalton Castle does sound rather entertaining.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So much postmatch, they truely are back to being TNA, alright.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New Japan's biggest title being defended in TNA by the Lesser Nemeth against Steve Maclin? Geez

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Lamuella posted:

The global title isn't their biggest title. It's the rebadged United States title.

Right, I completely blanked on that and forgot that Naito is actually still the main champion.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

harperdc posted:

Ain’t that Pretty Peter Avalon’s finisher?

No, you're thinking of the drink Chris Daniels would randomly pull out of his locker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

In an 8-4-1 match (an 8-person tag match; winning team has an immediate fatal fourway; winner is #1 contender)
"Fire Russo!" *clap, clap, clapclapclap* "Fire Russo!"

And like, I know it's his name, but

Chris James 2 posted:

Something defeats Drake.

that also could be straight from a 2007 Russo-booked TNA show. "Lots of interferences, lots of gimmicks brought into the ring, and something defeats Drake."