Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Prince Puma is really a Mayan.

Reported for racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Angular Landbury posted:

Let's make up fake TNA names

Broxwell Vankness
Jono Narfwell
Jennivver Sweet
Jeff
Stevenson Lonx

Oney Lorcan

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

So, StarkRavingMad, you were at the LU tapings for a lot of Season 3, I got a question.

You mentioned some kind of Gauntlet of the Gods thing that some of the wrestlers were fighting over (I think you mentioned Cage and Callihan were involved in it)

During S3 Ep1, when Mexican Doctor Claw was threatening Dario, was that glove he was wearing possibly the Gauntlet?

Almost definitely yes. If it's not, it means there are multiple gauntlets of power or something, but that's what it looks like.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Doing this again in the Spoilers thread because it concerns LU Season 3 taping stuff...

StarkRavingMad, iirc, you said Catrina and Ivelisse fought at UL3 over some amulet or something, right? I assume the Amulet Piedra Immortal we saw on LU this week is that amulet?

That, plus the Benefactor's Dr. Claw glove possibly being the Gauntlet fought over at UL3 makes me wonder if the Gauntlet is some kind of "opposite number" to the Amulet, and if the Gauntlet confers some kind of similar power to its wearer...

I think they just fought, I don't really remember an amulet being involved. There was much smashing of bottles from Dario's office. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Sasha can't get through a regular TV match without taking stupid joshi-style bumps, I have no clue how she's going to survive a HIAC match.

She's gonna somehow get her neck stuck in one of the camera holes in the cage or something

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
They're totally gonna non-finish the match for the cruiserweight division and then go "well, guess that means it gets its OWN SHOW" and then banish them all to the network cruiserweight thing only

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Maybe they can hook Kassius OhNo up with some DDP Yoga and he can become all slim and svelte like Mick Foley is now

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hero is in the weird middle place between too fat and not fat enough. Like if he wants to go all the way with it and get a big watermelon gut like Kevin Owens and have his thing be "really fat guy that's still good," that's cool. Or he can be in shape. But just "kinda flabby" is never a good look. Commit one way or the other!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1219770945289801733

This boat setup is gonna be dope

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DarkstarIV posted:

Austin Aries was spotted at the arena Dynamite is taping at tonight.

Keep him far away from the company, damnit. But on the off chance he's brought in, place your bets on how long until he torches the AEW bridge.

DDP posted a day or two ago about Aries doing stuff with DDP Yoga, and DDP’s performance center is like a half hour drive away from the arena. So my guess (or hope) is that he’s just there as DDP’s guest to see the show and shake some hands.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1286708416661135360?s=20

At this point I think it should be clear that WWE hates their viewers.

Great, so instead of the viewers listening to the ref slowly count to ten a hundred times, instead they will get "WHATDAYA SAY EDGE?" over and over for 43 minutes

and then, of course, the ceremonial extraction of the loser's eye

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

If this is real, they've managed to do something worse than just CGI-ing in the fans or using a background from one of their wrestling games

(edit) I don't care what you all say about delays and people vetting the streams, some fan's bare rear end or junk is absolutely showing up on TV at some point

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1300873061734981635?s=20

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1300892005875306504?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

This literally happened in the Johnny Mundo/Prince Puma All Night Long match in LU.

Which is also one of the best Iron Man matches ever, partly because they told an actual story. Dastardly heel Johnny used the chair early on to rack up a bunch of cheap pins, so most of the match is built around valiant babyface Ricochet making a desperate comeback, which gets the crowd into an absolute frenzy*, and it's all crazy action and they aren't loving around in chinlocks trying to kill time like most Iron Man matches. It's well worth going out of your way to see.

*funny what happens when you actually book Ricochet well, he gets over and feels like the biggest star on the show. But what do I know

Mundo actually used a (fake) crowbar, which made it look even more vicious than a chair since we're not really used to seeing that in wrestling

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1327036384339779585?s=20

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

hey fans, do you want something terrible or something REALLY dogshit

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SalTheBard posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, is Lesnar really a possibility or is this fantasy booking? I don't really keep up with rumor mill

Lesnar isn't currently under contract and anything is possible where the Khan family bank account is involved.

I'd be interested in Lesnar, he's an incredible presence and athlete and he can have good matches when he's not locked into the "suplex city" template that they stuck him in after he squashed Cena. I think AEW could do some cool poo poo with him. But I doubt he's the guy.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Kennel from Hell with Pharaoh and all the other wrestlers' dogs

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Dacap posted:

What if she’s Britt’s replacement partner?

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1364249088254861317?s=20

They did seem aligned on Twitter during the tourney!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Friendlympics MUST CONTINUE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Diamante and Kiera are still together, right? No big surprise she's getting a tryout

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

Isn't she ... problematic? In a Ivelisse kind of way?

I guess we'll see. Maybe being around Diamante will keep her chill.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The Acclaimed, back with no more slut shaming
Tony sent them down to sensitivity training
Now they rap about nice things, like your local diner
Not about Julia's stank vaAEW SPOILERS THREAD
THE ACCLAIMED
HAVE RETURNED

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Edward Mass posted:

Impact Wrestling tapings from Friday:

Worth mentioning that Chelsea’s broken wrist was a work (a pretty good one, lots of people bought it because of her history with injuries)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1508563818653265920?s=20&t=WBFiOiwcr9NiMglePCC4hA

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

flatluigi posted:

the cue cards are fine as a gimmick to cut a promo during a picture in picture commercial, they're just awkward if you're watching on fite when he's just standing there with his music on loop

progressing to drawing piles of poo poo and calling team lambert 'american plop team' is where things go really south. flashbacks to the worst wwe 'funny' segments

it did have one great segment on Fite back during the early days of the gimmick where there was a live mic left on and you could hear the camera guy talking to Sammy. Sammy's starting on the cue cards and the camera guy goes like "30 seconds left" and so Sammy starts burning through the cue cards quickly, and then the camera guy goes "no wait, they're telling me 90 seconds left now" and Sammy had to try and stand there and emote for what felt like forever with two cue cards left

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I am seeing reports that Toru Yano is in Chicago.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh man, I hope Fox is considering joining up, that guy is great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Did Mox manage to Cactus Jack himself

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hearing Willie Mack taped a match for AEW Dark

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JOHN CENA posted:

not this time

If that's true, it's gonna be a sick pop at the PPV, even if they only use it this once

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Rampage, baby

Hijo de Vikingo retains the AAA Mega championship over Dralistico and Komander, insane match, go out of your way to watch it
Shibata retains the Pure belt over Moriarty, good technical style match although a little slow in spots for a crowd that was starting to get tired. Afterwards, Daniel Garcia came out and had a stare down with Shibata
Willow retains the Strong belt over Emi Sakura. Very good match, with them really beating the piss out of each other at times
ZSJ retains the NJPW TV belt over Action Andretti. Great match, I was impressed by Andretti, he did really well but eventually ZSJ did his body horror thing and moved all Action's limbs in ways they weren't supposed to go until Action gave up

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Huh, I didn't see an injury during the match but maybe it happened at the finish or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

disaster pastor posted:

PAC is a heel, Fenix is a face, but Penta is the weird sun they both orbit.

Yeah, the closest thing to dissension was when PAC kept wanting to smash everyone with tiny hammers, Penta was okay with tiny hammers but not that into them, and Fenix very much did not want to use a tiny hammer. They sort of teased a split with that but then Fenix went ahead and used a tiny hammer to win a match, leading to PAC screaming about how proud he was of Fenix and then they were fine again and PAC's face got broken and he disappeared back to under his filthy soggy bridge for awhile.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 9, 2024