Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Keeping Nakamura in NXT as Champion is the smartest possible thing for them to do, and I'm loving shocked that anyone believes otherwise. He can anchor that brand for 2 years basically alone if necessary, and as long as he's not getting screwed on either money OR merch, which all accounts say he's not, he's better off doing that than risking the pitfalls at the top of the mountain. I don't think I need to list all the reasons why anyone should be skeptical of Nakamura being properly pushed outside of NXT. Yes, in theory he could sell more T-shirts if he's pushed like Cena on Raw than he is being pushed like Cena in NXT, but there's a heck of a lot of risk with that reward when he could be the next idling Upper Midcarder like Sami Zayn instead.

That being said, as soon as he drops the belt Samoa Joe should be on Smackdown (or Raw, but realistically Smackdown needs him more esp. after the draft). And Austin Aries and Hideo Itami should also be called up post-haste after feuding with and falling to Nakamura. If all three of those guys aren't on the main rosters in 4-6 months it's a huge ball-dropping on WWE's part. Clear those three out and give their slots to Bobby ROOOOOOOO, No Way Jose and maybe PERFECT 10 if the reports that they're pumping the brakes on Almas are true.

If anything Itami may be the guy built to dethrone Nakamura, but I still think Nakamura would also be the guy to elevate Tommy End to the NXT title picture/NXT Final Boss of 2017 role if he impresses as much as I think he will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU