Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of this opinion?
No you are wrong. Evil is good.
Correct
Correct except we SHOULD nuke it
Fats don't deserve to have opinions
View Results

• Locked thread
old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

twofive1 posted:

I was Never Confirmed.

I was. It sucked.

E: of course they don't wait till your actually an adult. I think I was like 13. Prime rape age I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Strategic Tea posted:

But surely he inherited the crusades??

(btw your great great grandfather was a murderer please report to prison)

Family != a hidebound and persistant organization like the vatican. Being part of a family does not grant the same level of culpability for that organization's actions as does being a cardinal or what have you, a member of the decision making organs of the church.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nathilus posted:

I'll grant you that megachurches are godawful and even the southern baptists at large have major issues. Catholicism doesn't have a monopoly on evil. What it does have is a structural corruption that none of the protestant churches can even hold a candle to. Evangelicals are crazy but they aren't covering up a worldwide pedophilia ring. Hell even scientologists can't indoctrinate, murder, and gently caress with peoples' lives fast enough to keep up, if only because there aren't enough of them.

it's a good drat thing that the church has a 100% monopoly on pedophiles and we've never seen any other old white men, ever, be found guilty of it or found examples of their powerful friends systematically using their power and influence to cover up for them

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
saville and sandusky? who're they? never heard of them

shut up about hollywood, elijah wood, you're just crazy

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yo OP hit me with those 5th century deets! whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudup

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

notZaar posted:

Catholics are very interested in boy souls

If you wanna get that boy's soul, you gotta pay the troll toll.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

InterFaced posted:

I was. It sucked.

E: of course they don't wait till your actually an adult. I think I was like 13. Prime rape age I guess.

what's your confirmation name, bro

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Day Man posted:

If you wanna get that boy's soul, you gotta pay the troll toll.

But it sounds like you're saying "boys hole" :shrug:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

But it sounds like you're saying "boys hole" :shrug:

What? Don't be ridiculous. I'm just talking about that boyssoul

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

what's your confirmation name, bro

Its Andrew just because my other not boy rape names are all at the end of the alphabet and I wanted to switch it up. I had to think about this for a minute its been awhile.

The_end
May 17, 2014
I went to catholic school for 13 years. It made me the atheist i am today.
In 5th grade there was a controversy that was swept under the rug. A priest was inviting the girls of my class to sit on his lap during confession.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
From my scanty recollection, can a Catholic tell me what rite was done to me and my siblings? I was six. I am . . . no longer six, so details are scarce.

My parents took me to the Catholic church in town. The priest was happy, also both my parents. I don't remember any explanation that might have been given. It was just one more thing parents make you do and you have to go along with it. Priest had a low table with a brass bowl on it, and a little brass pitcher of something. I had to lean sideways over the bowl and he poured a few drops of something on my right(?) temple. No spills for the bowl to catch. All done. Repeat on sibling, age 3. Older sibs were done a different day.

So what was it? A Protestant told me it sounds like I was anointed, but she was from Charismatic sect so who knows how familiar she is with Catholicism. We didn't attend church much longer, Dad just gave us his own sermons for a few years before he got tired of it. Never confirmed any of us.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
baptism? It's not totally unusual for catholics to get baptised as children instead of just as babies, especially if your family converts after your birth

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Odds on France joining a new Holy Roman Empire if they promised to restart the crusades?

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was a senior in a catholic high school when the Boston Diocese molestation scandal broke nationwide. I got an in school suspension and had to help the secretaries in the front office during the afternoons and since they were all 120 year old nuns I had to work the fax machine and do the emails. Every now and then we'd get a fax from our own diocese about what to say to parents, the press or any students who had questions about what has happening. The best one we ever got was a fax about what could or could not be construed as innapropriate behavior. It was pretty basic stuff like " don't touch kid's penises or their butts" but the best one was " No suggestive dancing/lap dancing with students". I always wonder if at some point a priest threw on some Warrant and did a strip tease for an altar boy.

SHE'S MY CHERRY PIE
*slowly takes off collar.
Come here often?

Wooded Zacynthus
Mar 15, 2015

I used to agree with all the stuff in the OP until I read Max Weber.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Unguided posted:

Odds on France joining a new Holy Roman Empire if they promised to restart the crusades?
smdh at this fundamental misunderstanding of legal framework of the crusades vis a vis the HRE(otGN).

Maybe they could install Manuel Valls as an antipope and get a crusade or two going though.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Nathilus posted:

WELCOME 666 TO 666 THE 666 CATHOLIC CHURCH!

I love the original caption on this btw. "Just the pope hanging out in front of a statue of 666Jesus666." :shrug:

Some papal sculptor just utterly nailed the soul of Pius 666 in this sculpture. Note the complete lack of one.

Anyway we all know about every single catholic priest's devotion to little boys but that's just the tip of the iceburg. Pick a century and I'll give you horrors to melt your loving brain. The whole mess is one giant pile of 666 and utter smallmindedness/selfishness going back nearly 666 loving years. The vatican should be carefully sacked (too much hidden history in there for 666 unfortunately) and all remaining non-monastic clergy monitored, merely as a housekeeping measure for the good of all mankind.

Keep it up guys, we're almost there. Hail Satan

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

InterFaced posted:

My mom is a total beta who still goes to church and their priest just died. She's all sad telling me how they're having trouble finding a new one and I'm trying not to laugh about it.

The average age of Catholic priests in the United States has risen from 35 in 1970 to 63 in 2009

lol they're all literally dying out.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
could someone explain how saints don't violate the 10 commandments; i don't know any catholics

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
On the scale of insane preoccupations of mentally ill paranoiacs, it goes NWO --> Jews --> Reptillians --> the church

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

walgreenslatino posted:

On the scale of insane preoccupations of mentally ill paranoiacs, it goes NWO --> Jews --> Reptillians --> the church

you've got it all hosed up, the COC is reptilians > NWO > Jews > the Church

I'm going to have to report this to my superiors in Tel Aviv

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

former catholic school student current alcoholic checking in

quote this to assuage your catholic guilt

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

FizFashizzle posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again: catholic schools are atheist factories

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

could someone explain how saints don't violate the 10 commandments; i don't know any catholics
"I've run the numbers with my pals at the Institute of Sola Scriptura Studies, and we feel that venerating people considered Good by the post-Bible agents of the LORD is unsound, because while it fits the biblical pattern entirely, very few of them from the last 1500 or so years seem to appear in the good book itself???? Explain yourself, Catholics."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

I said it before and I'll say it again: catholic schools are atheist factories

ours was fine. we had regular science classes or whatever, we just had some bizarre religious class that was taught by the luniest people they could find.

we had some woman who would stand in front of the class with her eyes closed talking about god's love, and whenever she couldn't think of an appropriate adjective she'd just make explosion noises.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

in 5th grade we had a former lutheran priest who converted to catholicism (and got a special dispensation to keep his wife) come to talk to us about how our bodies were changing. they split the boys and girls up with a nun coming in to talk to the girls. apparently all they learned about was their periods. the guys were lectured about the evils of "playing with ourselves," and told it was a sin that would send us to hell.

maybe we were a late blooming group but there was maybe like one guy in there going through puberty and almost none of us had any idea what he was talking about. for like a week i would just sit in the living room next to my mom because i thought playing with legos would send me to hell.

that priest was later kicked out of the priesthood for banging some chick on the side.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

King Possum III posted:

I guess you didn't hear, but when Michael Jackson died he took the recipe for Jesus Juice with him.

oh now now well never figure out how to mix wine and 7up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my parents converted us to catholicism out of loving nowhere when i was in fifth grade. i think it was mainly for social reasons. also we had to leave private school and they got a tuition break at catholic schools if they were members in good standing, and god forbid we end up at public school.

anyway my mother who didn't know jack poo poo about religion was going through catechism classes while i was having my first religion classes. at one point i asked her what the differences were between the angels. she had no idea so she just told me "archangels do god's dirty work."

i got suspended when i said that in religion class and my mom totally threw me under the bus and denied it because she didn't want to piss anyone off :smith:

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
Not that the OP doesn't have a point but it's pretty hosed up for him to post that here on SomethingAwful, the Catholic Church of the internet.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

A great thing about hating catholics in texas: I'm armed and so are three neighbors within easy screaming my rear end off distance, and we all tight enough that they will come out shooting. Go ahead. Do an inquisition on me. TRY ME.

nra.docx

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dr Dracula posted:

Not that the OP doesn't have a point but it's pretty hosed up for him to post that here on SomethingAwful, the Catholic Church of the internet.

are we really popular in latin america or something

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dr Dracula posted:

something awful is more like a weird sect of judaism

no one likes us and i have to gently caress inbetwixt a sheet

and my facial hair situation is so out of loving hand it would boggle your heathen skull

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
SASS = Protestants

DocEvil = the evil bishop that chases away any new creativity

McCaine = england's relationship to Catholicism

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
wandering LF posters are the Jews of SA

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dr Dracula posted:

SASS = Protestants

DocEvil = the evil bishop that chases away any new creativity

McCaine = england's relationship to Catholicism

i dont recall any english monarch as a creepy bound and gagged twink

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer
getfiscal = the true spirit of Christianity that is persecuted for not fitting into the temporal ruling system

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

My catholic school education was alright. Nobody gave more than half a poo poo about the religion, the average atheist knows more scripture purely for the sake of arguing with people. I only went because it was the only private school near me that I could pull a scholarship to, and the most religious pressure they put me under was to not talk during mass. One upside was that the school had a focus on anti-racism, because the school's patron saint got holocausted.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

FizFashizzle posted:

The catholic church wields guilt like a katana.
Its actually impressive, in a psychotic way, how well they control through guilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

We actually had a young priest. At some point in time he had been set on fire or something, he had burn victim skin from the chin down and had clearly had skin grafts because he looked all stitched together from squares, like Frankenstein's monster became a priest. He was alright, no molestation vibes at least.

• Locked thread