Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Geoj posted:

So now its coming out that a commander within the department has been suspended without pay for fabricating details about the shooting -

So based on this the North Miami PD considers making poo poo up about an unjustified officer-involved shooting as a more serious offense than the actual unjustified shooting :ughh:

The law enforcement community will probably say something along the lines of "OK - you got us there. There was one crooked cop, but the fact that he's spending the rest of his life in prison is proof that the system works."

Progress

E: lol a former swat team member

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Geoj posted:

So based on this the North Miami PD considers making poo poo up about an unjustified officer-involved shooting as a more serious offense than the actual unjustified shooting :ughh:

I mean in a lot of ways it is. You can't have justice without truth.

"I didn't know what to do, panicked, and shot at the autistic guy who didn't understand why we were shouting to put his toy truck down" is actually a valid response to an unjustified shooting. It's lovely, it means the cop needs to go back to cop school*, but it's valid. Lying about it is unforgivable. If cops didn't feel ok lying about this poo poo we'd have a lot less shootings.

*and cop school should be teaching cops that shooting is a last resort

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Klyith posted:

It's lovely, it means the cop needs to go back to cop school*, but it's valid.

No, the cop who "panicked" needs to be tried, convicted and sent to prison just like anyone else would - not given a paid vacation and then sent to training that will be forgotten 30 seconds after it finishes because that officer knows he can ignore it and never be held accountable for his actions.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why do you hate the people who want to help you the most Geoj?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Klyith posted:

I mean in a lot of ways it is. You can't have justice without truth.

"I didn't know what to do, panicked, and shot at the autistic guy who didn't understand why we were shouting to put his toy truck down" is actually a valid response to an unjustified shooting. It's lovely, it means the cop needs to go back to cop school*, but it's valid. Lying about it is unforgivable. If cops didn't feel ok lying about this poo poo we'd have a lot less shootings.

*and cop school should be teaching cops that shooting is a last resort

To be fair, if you had a gun pointed at someone who could very well be a TVIV poster, your brain would automatically send signals to your hand before you even knew what you were doing. It's a reflex almost impossible to suppress.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
they're fighting the war out there so we don't have to

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Geoj posted:

No, the cop who "panicked" needs to be tried, convicted and sent to prison just like anyone else would - not given a paid vacation and then sent to training that will be forgotten 30 seconds after it finishes because that officer knows he can ignore it and never be held accountable for his actions.

If you have already condemned him to prison, why try and convict him. Are you a literal retard?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Cartouche posted:

If you have already condemned him to prison, why try and convict him. Are you a literal retard?

rinaldos shopping for play-dates

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cops hate tennis?

https://twitter.com/mzi80/status/755178885579436032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

In the video, the policeman walks into the middle of the playing area and tells the players to "get off the court".

Troicki, famed for his recent Wimbledon outburst at an umpire, waves his arms towards the sky complaining about the apparent lack of rain, before the policeman responds "Do you want to knock it off now? Knock it off. Leave, come on. Let's go.

"I didn't ask for your permission [to get off the court], I'm telling you."

At this point, Tomic approaches from the opposite side of the court with a cutting observation.

"Excuse me, sir, but it's not raining."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/bernard-tomic-viktor-troicki-ordered-off-court-by-police-officer/7650934

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

Cops hate tennis?

In the video, the policeman walks into the middle of the playing area and tells the players to "get off the court".

Troicki, famed for his recent Wimbledon outburst at an umpire, waves his arms towards the sky complaining about the apparent lack of rain, before the policeman responds "Do you want to knock it off now? Knock it off. Leave, come on. Let's go.

At this point, Tomic approaches from the opposite side of the court with a cutting observation.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/bernard-tomic-viktor-troicki-ordered-off-court-by-police-officer/7650934

this is the lamest story congrats

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lime Tonics posted:

Cops hate tennis?

lol, look at the bald fucker getting up in their face trying to intimidate them. A calm "leave the court or I'm going to have to arrest you" would have sufficed (although I don't get why it's anyones problem but their own if it starts raining on them), but this seems like the kind of guy that takes any opportunity he can get to power trip, no matter how petty. loving pathetic

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
turns out a lot of pathetic people end up becoming cops to compensate

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

I can't imagine the dudes who can't pass psych.

Even tho I know one.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Trompe le Monde posted:

Maybe they were trying to shoot the autist because they don't want any competition for police jobs

:drat:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Why do you love trump so much?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Lime Tonics posted:

Cops hate tennis?

This is kind of lame, cop probably thinks it's just as dumb and absurd but his bosses want the area cleared so it's not like he can just say "nah bro, its cool".

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Justin Godscock posted:

This is kind of lame, cop probably thinks it's just as dumb and absurd but his bosses want the area cleared so it's not like he can just say "nah bro, its cool".

but why would you even want to clear a pitch over loving rain :psyduck:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

blowfish posted:

but why would you even want to clear a pitch over loving rain :psyduck:

small dick

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

my sister's friend got a gun put in her face by our neighbor a few years ago, because she was suspiciously black in our white neighborhood you see. the charges pressed are finally moving forward and its looking like he will be prosecuted so i'm waiting to see if it blows up into a thing.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Do cops receive any training on how handle people with mental disabilities? You'd think it would make a lot of sense to take some of the same courses as social workers, so they could handle situations besides of using the ol' standby of screaming and pointing a gun. There would be overlap with people who are drugged up too. You can avoid escalation pretty easily. If you ask a cop you would probably get an answer like "I'm a cop, not some sissy social worker!".

I never understood police worship. Yeah they "fight crime", and yes they are necessary for society. But also so is garbage collecting, construction work, and a whole lot of stuff that's needed to make daily life work but people don't line up to kiss their rear end. "They face danger everyday! ". so does every single person working with machinery, vehicles and boats.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Shnag posted:

Do cops receive any training on how handle people with mental disabilities? You'd think it would make a lot of sense to take some of the same courses as social workers, so they could handle situations besides of using the ol' standby of screaming and pointing a gun. There would be overlap with people who are drugged up too. You can avoid escalation pretty easily. If you ask a cop you would probably get an answer like "I'm a cop, not some sissy social worker!".

I never understood police worship. Yeah they "fight crime", and yes they are necessary for society. But also so is garbage collecting, construction work, and a whole lot of stuff that's needed to make daily life work but people don't line up to kiss their rear end. "They face danger everyday! ". so does every single person working with machinery, vehicles and boats.

Why do you hate ARE TROOPS ARE BOYS IN BLUE you unamerican pinko liberal piece of poo poo?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Shnag posted:

I have a friend who works as a social worker for those with mental disabilities. Short answer, cops have zero training on how to deal with them.

An example: he had a client with a mental disability FREAK THE gently caress OUT and went nuts - he was schizophrenic along with being autistic. This happened luckily outside a hospital but someone called the police because they thought some psycho was out to beat up people. Cops came, and despite my friend telling the officers how to handle the situation, they grouped up on the schizophrenic autistic client, slammed him to the ground, cuffed him, and then threw him into the back of an ambulance head-first.

The police are trained to deal with the general populace and civilians. People with special needs are not on that list because it honestly takes a lot of training to know how to read the situation, understand it, and handle it. It also takes a lot of time, and that time can be better spent going after other criminal activity. So basically, cops come in, restrain physically with excessive force, and then get them into an ambulance or into a situation to have the person injected with drugs or "calmed down".

Long story short: it's incredibly easy for someone with mental disabilities to be shot by cops.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
You try to explain anything to a cop and you can physically watch his eyes glaze over.

You may as well be speaking Swahili if your sleeve doesn't have more stripes on it than his.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
all things being equal, a spazzy 6'3" serb would pound the poo poo out of the average cowardly, fat pig. serbs and turks don't gently caress around.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Paramedic friend of mine got called for a 15 year old autistic kid who was having a meltdown. Cops show up and one of them, a well known meathead, immediately puts the kid in some kind of hold.

Medic: Hey, hey, stop, that's just gonna wind him up more!
Cop: This isn't choking him, it's a standard hold.
Medic: This is MY scene, and I'm asking you to please standard UN-hold him.
*cop begrudgingly lets go, situation gets de-escalated without violence*

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ringo Star Get posted:

I have a friend who works as a social worker for those with mental disabilities. Short answer, cops have zero training on how to deal with them.

An example: he had a client with a mental disability FREAK THE gently caress OUT and went nuts - he was schizophrenic along with being autistic. This happened luckily outside a hospital but someone called the police because they thought some psycho was out to beat up people. Cops came, and despite my friend telling the officers how to handle the situation, they grouped up on the schizophrenic autistic client, slammed him to the ground, cuffed him, and then threw him into the back of an ambulance head-first.

The police are trained to deal with the general populace and civilians. People with special needs are not on that list because it honestly takes a lot of training to know how to read the situation, understand it, and handle it. It also takes a lot of time, and that time can be better spent going after other criminal activity. So basically, cops come in, restrain physically with excessive force, and then get them into an ambulance or into a situation to have the person injected with drugs or "calmed down".

Long story short: it's incredibly easy for someone with mental disabilities to be shot by cops.

They could at least get a field guide of the insane and autistic so they know to call people who are actually qualified.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

I would become a US cop in a heartbeat.
You can kill people, steal poo poo you confiscate, and get a loving reward at the end no matter what you do!
gently caress, you can grift your way across cop groups. Shoot a person in one area, get 'early retirement', join another force two county's away.
Rinse and repeat until you have killed enough people for a loving Purple Heart!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Doppelganger posted:

Paramedic friend of mine got called for a 15 year old autistic kid who was having a meltdown. Cops show up and one of them, a well known meathead, immediately puts the kid in some kind of hold.

Medic: Hey, hey, stop, that's just gonna wind him up more!
Cop: This isn't choking him, it's a standard hold.
Medic: This is MY scene, and I'm asking you to please standard UN-hold him.
*cop begrudgingly lets go, situation gets de-escalated without violence*

Probably was thinking that the medic was going to steal his kill.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Ringo Star Get posted:

I don't understand the whole "Serve and Protect" mantra if the whole idea is to try to curb stomp and book as many people as possible. It solves nothing, hurts people unnecessarily, and just results in people being untrusting of police. Its not like they have some kind of quota to meet. wait, they do . They don't need to have all the training the friend has, just have more then one go to then screaming and shooting. Like have the concept of arriving to a situation, resolving it, then leaving without anyone shot in the back of the squad car. Stomping people into paste does nothing to prevent future crime.

blowfish posted:

Why do you hate ARE TROOPS ARE BOYS IN BLUE you unamerican pinko liberal piece of poo poo?

I'm a liberal Canadian, I got a few of things checked off. :cheeky:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ringo Star Get posted:

The police are trained

nah

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Shnag posted:

I don't understand the whole "Serve and Protect" mantra if the whole idea is to try to curb stomp and book as many people as possible.

This is why one of my favorite jokes in GTA V is the cop cars that say "Obey and Survive".

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Shnag posted:

People love hero worship, it's a pretty primal concept.

It's also why our troops are nothing but thugs protecting the interests of the rich people that call the shots, murdering civilians all over the world for no especially good reason but are celebrated as heroes and you are required to thank them for their service.

It's even why we need heroes among the heroes, so the gang of psychopathic rapists (the marines) are hailed as even bigger, better heroes when there has been no threat at all to America in the past few decades.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0goGIgwWO4

Wow, it's as if situations with disturbed people can be handled without indecent if you talk calmly and politely with them instead of shouting, whipping out the taser and kicking them in the head.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Shnag posted:

I don't understand the whole "Serve and Protect" mantra
I think it's actually that they are there to serve warrants and citations, and protect themselves at any cost

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

Fat Shat Sings posted:

People love hero worship, it's a pretty primal concept.

It's also why our troops are nothing but thugs protecting the interests of the rich people that call the shots, murdering civilians all over the world for no especially good reason but are celebrated as heroes and you are required to thank them for their service.

It's even why we need heroes among the heroes, so the gang of psychopathic rapists (the marines) are hailed as even bigger, better heroes when there has been no threat at all to America in the past few decades.

I never understood hero worship, but some people are really into it. Even to go as far to imply police shouldn't help you if you question them in anyway. While at the same time, think people working in customer service are your literal, not figurative, slave. Its so backwards, you'd think people would expect cops to lick their boots and call them sir because of "MY taxes pay your salary!" . Like what Homer Simpson did when he tried to get better service from garbage men by getting control of it and running it into the ground.

Doppelganger posted:

This is why one of my favorite jokes in GTA V is the cop cars that say "Obey and Survive".

lol

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If the cops don't shoot you, at least you can depend on the justice system if you are a victim, right?

Rape victim thrown in same jail as her attacker for a month while authorities go on vacation

:negative:

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Locator posted:

If the cops don't shoot you, at least you can depend on the justice system if you are a victim, right?

Rape victim thrown in same jail as her attacker for a month while authorities go on vacation

:negative:

Good poo poo America, that's horrific

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
My favorite part is how he was aiming for the autist and blasted the black guy instead.

Like his body literally wouldn't allow him to shoot the other guys when a black guy is present. The black dude must be shot at all times.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

https://youtu.be/tcsAtT1wK1A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-flips-out-intimidates-retaliates-citizen-calls-texting-driving/

More cops breaking the law

On the phone while driving.

YT link got pulled
https://www.facebook.com/policethepoliceACP/videos/1385466148137044/

• Locked thread