Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
I hope they can pull the production back together for the remaining couple of episodes. They did a ton of outsourcing on episode 9 and it really shows in all the meguca faces, but a lot fewer in-house animators were involved with episode 9 so hopefully that means they've all been working on catching up to make the remaining episodes a success. (reddit source)

Sakurazuka posted:

Because it would be over pretty quick if they didn't.

I don't think that's really true... I keep wishing there could be more anime focused on relationships after they've started, rather than treating the start of one as the end in and of itself. There's so much more story to tell than just the will-they-won't-they buildup that nearly every romance anime focuses on.

I'm enjoying Orange overall, but I've been kind of going hot and cold on the story. I've really loved and been moved by the parts involving Kakeru's internalized guilt, and Suwa getting involved resulted in some great happy moments, but it sometimes feels a bit corny to me when all their friends are involved.

edit:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Everyone is good friends having fun and then you remember that hey sometimes people are going through some poo poo and they can't show it all the time. It's almost nice how honest the show is though, showing that depression isn't just something that can be wished away by ~*friendship*~ although it helps.
This is a good point, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread