Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Man I am loving this show. It manages to be really melancholy without being the sad show where sad things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

I... I think I might actually really like love triangles, when they're well executed. I'm all about pining over unrequited love, and also pain.

This is a thing I've realized about myself in like the last year. I am super cool with sappy love triangle stories when it is actually about people dealing with non-reciprocal feelings and figuring their poo poo out.

On the topic of the show itself, I really enjoyed the scene where Naho just freezes up as she tries to comprehend what exactly is going on and if changing the past even matters.

Lemon-Lime posted:

God, it always takes me days to get around to watching the weekly episode, unlike every other show, just because I know I have to sit down, mentally prepare myself to have my emotions toyed with, and actually pay attention to the animation. :argh:

:same:

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

a kitten posted:

I finished the episode.

This, Mako gif and all.

I believe you, but goddamn.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
Oh, great, now not only do I have to contend with the show itself, but it's trekking stuff I personally feel guilty about.
This show is breaking new ground for how much a stupid cartoon can make me cry.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

I had a similar thought earlier in the show. Everyone is working with the best intentions, but sometimes they are a little less than subtle about how they approach Kakeru.

Also, this week was like the least sad episode so far, the ending was downright happy. I'm worried because something has to happen next episode to return us to the status quo of depressed, that or they're building for one big sad at the end.

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

At first I didn't really care either way with Hagita, I have realized the error of my ways.

Question for the manga readers, does it look like we're going to get the whole story, or are we going to leave off at the end of an arc?

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011
I just now had a chance to get around to finishing this.
I'm happy with out it turned out. The show did a good job of making me actually wonder how everything was going to play out in the last episode, the future not changing seemed like a legitimate option.

Kytrarewn posted:

Luckily, Kakeru's too stupid to have the obvious thoughts of "Wait... you all just pitied me? Naho, did you ever even like me or was this all just playacting", etc.

I did have similar thoughts, but I'm not going to hold it against the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really wish they hadn't actually put their dumb theory for how they were going to send the letters back in time in the show. :argh:

Yeah, I never expected a good explanation, I just hoped that maybe it wouldn't come up.

• Locked thread