Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MJP posted:

Is this ReLIFE from the other gender's eyes?

And from the other side's eyes in another way. Naho isn't the adult time-traveller trying to lend a bunch of ordinary teenagers a hand, she's the ordinary teenager being bossed around by the adult time-traveller..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Show is good so far, but at some point it feels like the show is going to keep withholding information unnecessarily as a crutch to artificially generate drama, e.g. this last part about looking in the eraser. The way the scenes were setup and ordered felt lazy, and did not explain or justify her actions in the story's world.

The eraser thing was a twofold lesson after she'd started getting cocky. First off, that life is unpredictable, and that the world won't accommodate you all the time even if you have future knowledge. Second, cute, elaborate little schemes introduce more and more failure points, so you need to nut up and actually talk to people.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nielsm posted:

It's a letter magically from the future. Maybe it's magically impossible to read ahead in it.

It would be super cool if we get a scene of words appearing on the page as certain events pass by.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Man, Suwa's letter must have been something.

"Hi, buddy, I'm you from the future. Your new friend is going to commit suicide, and to stop him, the your future wife, the girl you've always loved, needs to date him instead. It's cool, though, many-worlds theory tells me I won't be sabotaging my marriage by briefing you on this. Which is good, because did I mention that Naho's a really great wife? Peace."

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Those cartoony reaction faces were new, weren't they? Seems a bit odd and jarring to bring them in so late in the game.

• Locked thread