Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

JazzFlight posted:

I can't even really read the current SC thread. It adds like 300 posts per day and it's so insular that I have no idea what's going on in the trainwreck that is the game's development. It was easier to follow when there were still goon true-believers and a funny airhorn video would come out every couple weeks.

Yeah the current Star Citizen thread is terrible. A million posts a day and most of it is garbage filler by people who think calling cats "cattes" is the height of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

SaltLick posted:

I just love how somehow those three things made up the thread. Two video games and a random hot dog man.

i still dont know how dayz factored into it all

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

It was another train wreck that has insane defenders.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I like how during one E3 Gamescom 2014 the guy behind DayZ came onstage during the Sony show and said it was coming out for PS4. Ok, um, when is that happening again?

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 22, 2016

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah the current Star Citizen thread is terrible. A million posts a day and most of it is garbage filler by people who think calling cats "cattes" is the height of comedy.

ah yes yospos posters

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

I think it was suppose to be originally laughing at unfinished bad products and the people getting scammed by them like SC and the DayZ remake. Doobie got added to the mix. DayZ was definitely more involved in the beginning threads though .

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Chomp8645 posted:

I agree. The Doobie/StarCitizen/DayZ thread was one of the best threads ever on this site.

never forget :911:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron hotdog altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the lego den to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to take more professional photographs of ersatz retard hotdogs were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Heh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Can't someone post the quote of the goon who gave $3k to doobie and had the whole screed about how they couldn't afford Xmax gifts but told their kids it was for a better cause?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

We're getting the band back together boys

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

do you think doobie has had to park in the lot where the doghouse was to attend a funeral

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a hungry man can feel, a hungry man desiring a pile of fries whose price is uncertain. I hope I can make it to Reform, Alabama. I hope the funeral home didn't buy the property and the restaurant still stands. I hope to see Doobie and shake his hand. I hope the Pickens County Tornado is as sloppy as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
http://gnack.me/games/doobie

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna go to costco for gas and fish oil tablets this weekend and i will be purchasing a hot dog and soda for $1.50 when i leave. True story.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Yeah but that soda won't be in the bottle. That's a $6 value at least.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

JazzFlight posted:

I can't even really read the current SC thread. It adds like 300 posts per day and it's so insular that I have no idea what's going on in the trainwreck that is the game's development. It was easier to follow when there were still goon true-believers and a funny airhorn video would come out every couple weeks.

The summary is that Chris Roberts is bankrupting them shooting what appears to be a sequel to Wing Commander (Squadron 42) which was originally an add on game, but since it involves motion capture and Chris Roberts can be a director it has eaten up the past two years and an unknown amount of the budget (speculated to be 30-50%+)

Until they actually run out of money you can basically ignore it as it's just a never ending slap fight where the backers have given $118,000,000 now and refuse to hear any criticism, and goons are hyper vigilant inspecting every syllable on the internet that exists in relation to Star Citizen.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Whoever made that is a goddamned genius.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Holy poo poo, YTMND is still around? That's incredible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chomp8645 posted:

I have it bookmarked and it's amazing to see how much gets posted in it. And while most of it is yawnful, it is pretty much a guarantee you can jump in at anytime and find out about something new and hilarious.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

caleramaen posted:

no I must know about the hot dog man.
dog man learned how to use privacy settings

Tasha still hasn't learned how

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

they were all scams made by the insane and followed by the insane

cnut
May 3, 2016

hope doobie still has his sick rimz

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

cnut posted:

hope doobie still has his sick rimz

didn't see any pics of those, though she keeps posting old pics from inside the diner. I think maybe she wanted to be a hot dog man more than doob did

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Nobody is asking the important question

What lovely venture can we get gullible goons to fund for my amusement

That Star Citizen comedy train is running out of steam

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

That's a good point, we need a good new scam

Maybe go skim the horrible kickstarter thread and find us a winner

fuck the mods
Mar 30, 2015
doobie max dogg

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Panch posted:

Yup still really loving funny.

lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
For anyone who hasn't been following the ongoing Star Citizen hilarity just for reference when the original Air Horn Video was done they had raised 44 million dollars. They are currently at 118 million dollars.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What is Reform doing without Tasha's delicious box cakes?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Underrated highlight of the doob thread was when his mom was passively whining and trying to guilty doob into giving her his bar stools and he straight up ignores her

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

WhyteRyce posted:

What is Reform doing without Tasha's delicious box cakes?
nothing special, just your garden variety teacher sex offender stuff

http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=51147

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
What is a Doobie, for the uninformed?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

StarMinstrel posted:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
i miss doobie sooooo much.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

StarMinstrel posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910

also SoundMonkey is apparently a mod now, lmfao

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
lol ... why on earth?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol I got in late and didn't even realize we had a public record of the idiots who donated.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

StarMinstrel posted:

oh you sweet summer child

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
ill update the wiki

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Adbot