Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TremorX posted:

aka North America

It's a pretty good island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

strong romney

Yet, much. loving. smarter.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
theyre all islands if you think about it

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The Sphinxster posted:

It's a pretty good island

Except for all of the losers

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
forgive my ignorance (im not from America and english is my second language) tell me what is going on with his hair? is it real?

its funny, all the news articles use the worst pictures they can

and that fake tan too

America what are you doing to yourself? Why??

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I just hope that some Monty Brewster "none of the above" candidate pops up at the last minute and steals enough from both sides to end the two party system once and for all. You need to fix your poo poo America.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thats what america looks like, watch goodfellas

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Lime Tonics posted:

What would they call Bill though?

The first man?

The first gent?

The first dude?

First cuck.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
while this could have a higher than usual number of third party votes we're another 'revolution' or two away from it being anywhere near enough, while i held out this far refusing to vote for hillary i'd probably do it if bernie takes the VP job, we're all gonna look stupid when like 9 percent of votes go to bernie and 5 percent go to jill stein then one of the two jerk off criminals wins anyway

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
if bernie is clinton's VP (which I don't think she'll do because of silly pride), I will vote for her. Otherwise, I may very well once again vote for the Zombified Remains of FDR. This election's getting worse every minute.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Zorodius posted:

if you vote third party, at least you're showing that a non-negligible portion of the populace prefers "Other."

and you don't have to watch President Hillary while thinking I did this.

LOL if you think that any 3rd party would ever even register on the radar of either of the 2 major parties. I remember when I was a teenager too.

There's a reason that Bernie ran as a party democrat, if he'd ran as a 3rd party he would have never even made it to the first debate.

Grow up and look at how the real world actually works.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

ThaGrandCow posted:

LOL if you think that any 3rd party would ever even register on the radar of either of the 2 major parties. I remember when I was a teenager too.

There's a reason that Bernie ran as a party democrat, if he'd ran as a 3rd party he would have never even made it to the first debate.

yeah, american elections work like american sports, there's two conferences/leagues/parties and then a really hyped finale between the two winners

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
hey guys did u know there's an entire subforum on this here wacky comedy website dedicated exclusively to worshiping Hillary Rodham Clinton a 70 year old corporatist grandma?

it's pretty lol

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Homestar Runner posted:

hey guys did u know there's an entire subforum on this here wacky comedy website dedicated exclusively to worshiping Hillary Rodham Clinton a 70 year old corporatist grandma?

it's pretty lol

i went there multiple times and still cannot figure out if its just some tier of meta humor beyond my retard brain or what the gently caress is going on

they like deleted the bernie threads and have multiple hillary threads, most of them with minimal insulting of hillary and i don't understand how that happened in the same forum that personally paypal'd bernie like 65 thousand dollars

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

ThaGrandCow posted:

Somethings supposed to happen if one of them ever gets 15% of the vote in a general I think? I don't know if it's actually understood what, exactly, is supposed to happen because it's never going to happen.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Donald Trump is the only candidate willing to take a rolled-up newspaper to the nose of the right wing and yell "STOP making GBS threads ON THE FLOOR" while rubbing their noses in it

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

If you're going to vote third party you might as well just vote for trump because all the Bernie supporters mad that he didn't get the nom are going to scatter their votes pointlessly while republicans who hate trump are still gonna fall in line and vote for him.

I am a Bernie supporter but also know that trump is way too insane and risky to be president so I am just going to suck it up an vote Hillary because voting third party is pointless and a guaranteed way to let trump win.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

TremorX posted:

Donald Trump is the only candidate willing to take a rolled-up newspaper to the nose of the right wing and yell "STOP making GBS threads ON THE FLOOR" while rubbing their noses in it

Donald Trump is actually the dog rolling in the poo poo and eating it.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
lol youre old enough to have voted in 1996

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Trump or Hillary? Meh. Neither can make America "great" again.

America could probably be made great again by a fascist candidate that marches all baby boomers into death camps where their fat is burned to power the construction process behind multiple modern nuclear power plants. Let the "greatest generation" be followed by the most "pragmatic generation" burning the most "worthless generation" (the boomers) between them to create the future of humanity.

Boomers suck rear end. And Trump is like the Omega Boomer.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Linux Pirate posted:

Donald Trump is actually the dog rolling in the poo poo and eating it.

Come on, Hillary will be like Obama in that her very presence will only keep emboldening these shitheads, while the Trumperor will probably completely dismantle the conservative movement by completely discrediting it for the foreseeable future. He's unwittingly the most pro-liberal candidate we could actually get this cycle.

nah I'm just fuckin with you

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
lol @ people who still watch TV

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'd bone Hillary FYI. If you're reading this Hillary, PM me and I'll reserve a room at Motel 6 for us. :wink:

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Kuato posted:

I'd bone Hillary FYI. If you're reading this Hillary, PM me and I'll reserve a room at Motel 6 for us. :wink:

Me too but she'd have to wear an Al Gore mask

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
no matter the outcome, the political climate of the next 6-8yrs will be 'Reform' Austerity - just like back in my beloved country

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lmao American citizens should not legally be allowed opinions.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gobblecoque posted:

did rump actually say something like that because haha holey moley if he did

http://nytimes.com/2016/07/20/magazine/how-donald-trump-picked-his-running-mate.html

quote:

according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

PostEldar
May 7, 2004

I'm in your area.
I was hoping for a four-way runoff. That's some civil war poo poo right there.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
can someone explain why people think trump will somehow ban gay marriage?

nothing in his policy talks about gay people. I see facebook posts about trump being anti-gay and that they demand all their friends vote for hillary "unless they hate gay people" but the reality is that congress is the one to be afraid of, and i dont see anyone rallying to make sure to vote for the congressional races... its almost as if people have no loving idea how their own government works.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

coolskillrex remix posted:

nothing in his policy talks about gay people. I see facebook posts about trump being anti-gay and that they demand all their friends vote for hillary "unless they hate gay people" but the reality is that congress is the one to be afraid of, and i dont see anyone rallying to make sure to vote for the congressional races... its almost as if people have no loving idea how their own government works.

He has said both "suck it up, you guys lost that one" but has also indicated he would nominate a supreme court justice to reverse the decision so I dunno. I think he's more about punting it to the individual states.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

coolskillrex remix posted:

The fact that the Republican Party platform states that is their intent might be a bit of a reason.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-in-the-republican-partys-official-platform/

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnKt84AdUHA

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
isnt hollary a bit bitch made for not getting rid of bill since he kept loving other girls

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The fact that the Republican Party platform states that is their intent might be a bit of a reason.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-in-the-republican-partys-official-platform/

basically theres a good chance voter turnout will be poo poo except for old republicans and they will still completely dominate congress next election but "at least hillary is president so she can veto federal laws which there arent any :downs:"

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Douche chilllllllll

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Lol Obama would win a third term.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
gonna write in some poo poo bc my state is 1000000% hillary

any good ideas?

fake edit: ur mom

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

a helpful bear posted:

gonna write in some poo poo bc my state is 1000000% hillary

any good ideas?
Have you considered putting a $ in front of her name? Quite a piquant burn.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

ThaGrandCow posted:

Were you a teenager in 1992, because Ross Perot was polling at 39% versus Bush's 31% and Clinton's 25%, before he completely hosed up his campaign.

Anyway the point isn't that there's a universe where Jill Stein can win, but rather 1. third-party votes show the major parties that they have something to gain by changing their approach, and 2. you aren't actually required to dip your hands in the crucible of lamb's blood just because it's there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

jBrereton posted:

Have you considered putting a $ in front of her name? Quite a piquant burn.

hmm quite good but what do you think they would do if i wrote "hillary paid me $5 to vote for her, please send help"?

• Locked thread