Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

i've seen worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I easily score this as his greatest film yet.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
my name irl is mr pussypants

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Lastgirl posted:

he fell for the classic "im tired of doing drama so im gonna try and lighten things up and change it up" shtick that some actors go through

its literally like a midlife crisis for some actors.

Personally I prefer it to comedic actors who switch to serious dramatic roles, tho.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
I kind of want to get blazed out of my loving mind and go see this movie.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

i remember an interview with alec baldwin (loveline?) when they asked him why he's in so many lovely movies and he said 'look, sometimes you need a quick million so you call up your agent and get whatever you can get'

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think I'm even more concerned for Jennifer Garner. Spacey's at least getting top billing.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Spacey could probably poop in a cup for 3 hours and call it avante garde and still make millions :shrug:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
second trailer is out guys get hype

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSUD3a18zo

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ape Fist posted:

You may know him as President Underwood from the critically acclaimed House of Cards, or one of his many other roles including The Usual Suspects, American Beauty, and various other successful movies. But Kevin Spacey, at this time, has chosen to end his career in a fashion similar to that of Eddie Murphy, and Mike Meyers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jHA97HzhxE

ill be honest this looks like a competently done movie for children and no poo poo the trailer is cringey

it will not be good, but that is because you are not an 8 year old girl

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
This movie will earn Kevin more money than all the posters itt combined will take home this year

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Did some executive find a 20 year old movie script in his sock drawer or something

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
house of cards? more like house of lasagna, in this commenter's humble opinion

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
oh and he isn't ending his career OP he's just putting it on

paws

this is the joke from the movie poster I saw when I went to the theater last week

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?
Watched preview, called best friend and arranged to dress her cat up as a baby and take it to see this movie together.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ilustforponydeath posted:

This movie needs a really loving dark twist.

Jennifer Garner sits in her house, sipping her coffee.

Suddenly, she drops her mug. She looks around, frantic.

There is a dated issue of Cat Fancy magazine is on the coffee table. A doll stands on a shelf. It's wearing fuzzy pants. In the corner, there's a pack of pull-up diapers she should've tossed out years ago. A pamphlet from a local eye doctor says Walk-in appointments are available.

She runs out of the house, but it's too late. He's gone. She'll never see him again.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
kids will watch any crap and this looks like a super-easy payday for the Spaceman

he was probably on set for like 2-3 days lol

I remember loving some dumb poo poo as kid

had a VHS of Dunston Checks In that I watched over and over and over until I'm sure my parents wanted to die

Leonard Ghostal
Apr 26, 2006
You are a shithead, Williamson

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lmbo

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!
Yes, we get it everyone; he will make lots of money from this movie. Nobody's criticising it on the basis that it won't make money. Or is something immune to criticism because it's financially successful? If so please replace this sentence with a humorous and topical Donald Trump joke.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
good, that show sucked

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

drguildo posted:

Or is something immune to criticism because it's financially successful?

What are you some kind of communist?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i really really really hated the life of david gale

GolfHole fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 22, 2016

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

Roylicious posted:

What are you some kind of communist?

If it allows me to ridicule people for starring in lovely movies with wild abandon, then count me in.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

drguildo posted:

Yes, we get it everyone; he will make lots of money from this movie. Nobody's criticising it on the basis that it won't make money. Or is something immune to criticism because it's financially successful? If so please replace this sentence with a humorous and topical Donald Trump joke.

It's a cheap cash in kids movie with a guaranteed payout. Its impotent to criticize the artistry of it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i dont think doing a lovely kids movie about talking animals has ever had a negative effect on any movie stars career, kids are stupid as gently caress

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Applewhite posted:

Personally I prefer it to comedic actors who switch to serious dramatic roles, tho.

Hey man, Owen Wilson had some pretty good serious roles

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Voice acting in animated movies is the best possible job, you just read someone else's dumb words into a microphone for a million dollars a page

Who gives a poo poo if the movie sucks it's not like you have to paint it on the side of the house it bought

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

Toadvine posted:

It's a cheap cash in kids movie with a guaranteed payout. Its impotent to criticize the artistry of it.

It's like you have no conception of where you are.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

You owe it to yourself to see this ridiculous excuse for a movie.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
This is just a symptom of the Movie industry going broke when making serious original stuff. So instead they go for schlock. Sweet sweet schlock money.

client
Aug 19, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

kids will watch any crap and this looks like a super-easy payday for the Spaceman

he was probably on set for like 2-3 days lol

I remember loving some dumb poo poo as kid

had a VHS of Dunston Checks In that I watched over and over and over until I'm sure my parents wanted to die

this is the drat truth though. my poor grandma took me to see mortal kombat annihilation in theaters. twice.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

i really really really hated the life of david gale

yeah it was piss

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I would have been interested if Spacey was in a minimalist cat costume like Cat from Red Dwarf.

Although, all of Frank Underwood's dialogue from House of Cards would work for a cat character with almost no changes.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah he's making tons of easy money with this poo poo

But it's still poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
God drat. I've never seen someone so desperate for coke money before.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I saw this preview during secret life of pets and it wouldn't have been too terribly offensive to me but then I saw the pull up scene and boy I got hot under the collar

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

General Dog posted:

I think I'm even more concerned for Jennifer Garner. Spacey's at least getting top billing.

As a 40+ starlet she probably had to suck somebody's dirty french dick to land her role.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I liked his Lex Luthor more than what's his face's Heath Ledger impression. Wish they had brought him back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Jennifer Garner sits in her house, sipping her coffee.

Suddenly, she drops her mug. She looks around, frantic.

There is a dated issue of Cat Fancy magazine is on the coffee table. A doll stands on a shelf. It's wearing fuzzy pants. In the corner, there's a pack of pull-up diapers she should've tossed out years ago. A pamphlet from a local eye doctor says Walk-in appointments are available.

She runs out of the house, but it's too late. He's gone. She'll never see him again.

:moments:

• Locked thread