Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

SplitSoul posted:

What does that have to do with an irreligious kid getting bullied for having a weird voice and being a general spazz, then going whole hog nazi and shooting people?

Intersectionality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

im just popping in to say that spud is a good and funny poster who sometimes takes his irony too far and that may be triggering for some posters

is there anyone else who wants defending ITT that's $5

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

spud posted:

Can you defend me within 5mins too?

Whatever floats your boat, bud :)

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

You're right, I can't imagine Sunni-Shia tensions would have anything to do with Turkish muslims bullying an Iranian.

Do we know why he was being bullied, now? Interesting. Where'd you read that? I was under the impression that his rumored conversion (weird thing to do for an irreligious guy, but y'know) took place as a reaction to the bullying-- not that I think Muslim students would treat an honest-to-God apostate any more kindly.

It's not confirmed that he converted, but his parents stated that he'd never been religious. Former classmates have also come forward and said he got bullied for having a singsong voice and being generally awkward, while he told people he'd kill them so often they didn't take it seriously.

But, sure, I see how the guy shooting immigrant kids in the face for being "lovely Turks" is the real victim here.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wanker

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

It's not confirmed that he converted, but his parents stated that he'd never been religious. Former classmates have also come forward and said he got bullied for having a singsong voice and being generally awkward, while he told people he'd kill them so often they didn't take it seriously.

But, sure, I see how the guy shooting immigrant kids in the face for being "lovely Turks" is the real victim here.

I dunno, "David" is a pretty loaded name, biblically speaking. It's hard to imagine he was especially devout or whatever, but I'm sure he liked cloaking himself in the historical gravity of the story as one who felt put-upon by a significantly larger foe. Obviously, he's the one at fault here, and bullying doesn't justify lighting up a bunch of people who were trying to enjoy a Big Mac, but it's kind of funny to read a point of view like that at the same time as people are apologizing for the beheaders due to Western imperialism or whatever.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent
Have we decided Islam isn't bad yet in time for another brutal killing of western idiots?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

SplitSoul posted:

the real victim
imo the question victim/fault is short-sighted and the root cause of the whole situation needs found and addressed

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

I dunno, "David" is a pretty loaded name, biblically speaking. It's hard to imagine he was especially devout or whatever, but I'm sure he liked cloaking himself in the historical gravity of the story as one who felt put-upon by a significantly larger foe. Obviously, he's the one at fault here, and bullying doesn't justify lighting up a bunch of people who were trying to enjoy a Big Mac, but it's kind of funny to read a point of view like that at the same time as people are apologizing for the beheaders due to Western imperialism or whatever.

Who's apologising for beheadings here?

Mithaldu posted:

imo the question victim/fault is short-sighted and the root cause of the whole situation needs found and addressed

What we need is a global war against bullying. KBR can install swirlie-proof toilets.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 28, 2016

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Merkel just said he wouldn't change a thing re: wild islam importation.

What is she going for here ?

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

Would the U.S. and EU be funding and arming "moderate rebels" in Syria who cut the heads off 12-year-olds and put the video online?

If it weren't for those loving U.S. and E.U.s we wouldn't have any beheadings at all!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Popping in to say that waitwhatno is a good and funny poster. More people should read his very funny posts.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

waitwhatno posted:

Popping in to say that waitwhatno is a good and funny poster. More people should read his very funny posts.

Wait, what? No.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RobattoJesus posted:

Wait, what? No.

drat dude that's hosed up

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

If it weren't for those loving U.S. and E.U.s we wouldn't have any beheadings at all!

The context was Iraq and Syria, not France—in fact, I'm pretty sure it was posted before the church attack—and I don't see how holding the U.S. and EU responsible for funding and arming a group that kidnaps, tortures and kills journalists and aid workers, in addition to beheading 12-year-olds on video, is "apologising" for either.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

The context was Iraq and Syria, not France—in fact, I'm pretty sure it was posted before the church attack—and I don't see how holding the U.S. and EU responsible for funding and arming a group that kidnaps, tortures and kills journalists and aid workers, in addition to beheading 12-year-olds on video, is "apologising" for either.

Oh, yeah, man, you weren't apologizing for the beheaders, you were just shifting the blame. That's all. Don't worry about it. I totally got you, man. Besides, Iraq and Syria has nothing to do with France, right? I can tell you're a man with very thoughtful and well-considered opinions.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

unpacked robinhood posted:

The usual "we are really sorry for ww2, please kill as many of us as you like. We will even hide our flags to not offend you"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

Oh, yeah, man, you weren't apologizing for the beheaders, you were just shifting the blame. That's all. Don't worry about it. I totally got you, man. Besides, Iraq and Syria has nothing to do with France, right? I can tell you're a man with very thoughtful and well-considered opinions.

Or you could read the post it was responding to, which was about "What if Saddam Hussein was still alive?".

Can we get back to how bullying is somehow an Islamic plot to spur mass murder of Muslims for reasons?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

SplitSoul posted:

Or you could read the post it was responding to, which was about "What if Saddam Hussein was still alive?".

Can we get back to how bullying is somehow an Islamic plot to spur mass murder of Muslims for reasons?

It was an inside job you see,

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

What we need is a global war against bullying. KBR can install swirlie-proof toilets.
Bullying is one thing. Can't stop kids from running their mouth.

However teachers, parents and classmates shrugging about crimes being done is a different level.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

"I'm tired of talking about how I blame the West for terrorism! Can we get back to talking about made-up bullshit instead?"

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mithaldu posted:

Bullying is one thing. Can't stop kids from running their mouth.

However teachers, parents and classmates shrugging about crimes being done is a different level.

What, the theft? It's not unprecedented in any way, though.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

Neither is arming a faction that is in open conflict with your avowed enemies, but here comes SplitSoul to poo poo out another worthless post.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mithaldu posted:

yes, germany needs to ban guns

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nerses IV posted:

Neither is arming a faction that is in open conflict with your avowed enemies, but here comes SplitSoul to poo poo out another worthless post.

A faction that is well-known for its own brutality and war crimes needs Raytheon-produced anti-tank missiles and untold millions of dollars with which to carry out its atrocities. Clearly, there is no other way.

Objecting to this is defending beheadings somehow.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

Did you miss that they also beat him up repeatedly, and at least once pissed on his clothes? Please don't tell me you also require an explanation how those things are crimes.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SplitSoul posted:

A faction that is well-known for its own brutality and war crimes needs Raytheon-produced anti-tank missiles and untold millions of dollars with which to carry out its atrocities. Clearly, there is no other way.

Objecting to this is defending beheadings somehow.

Pretty sick that they beheaded that kid with a TOW but gently caress man what're you gonna do, y'know?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maybe move this to DnD now?

I think it has probably run its course here.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Mr Underhill posted:

I don't do DND.

It's just getting harder and harder to distinguish between ironic shitposting and passive agressive racism. Unless there really is no distinction at all. Who's in the house? Poe's in the house.

Passive aggressive?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mithaldu posted:

Did you miss that they also beat him up repeatedly, and at least once pissed on his clothes? Please don't tell me you also require an explanation how those things are crimes.

A school failing to react to students being beaten up and bullied is in no way unique, however, more like the norm. Thankfully it's not the norm that the victims then go on to commit mass murder years later, but it has been known to happen.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

She really isn't and she has always been totally clear that her views concerned Islam itself, as a monolith, not just Islamism or political Islam. Her personal experiences, which I haven't denied were horrible (although she openly lied about much of it), had coloured her views to the point where she became a proponent of military engagement with literally the entire Muslim world and its conversion to Christianity—whatever your thoughts are on the many varying issues with Muslim populations, Islamic practices, cultural practices, Islamism, failed integration, foreign policy, immigration, socioeconomics, crime, that's Ann Coulter levels of mad nonsense. As for her thoughts on "reformation" of Islam, she held up vaginal inspector and human-rights-for-women-conflict-with-sharia Al-Sisi as a shining example. She thinks Netanyahu deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, which she made known shortly after Israel had bombed some kids on a beach in Gaza. Breivik thought she deserved the Nobel Peace Prize; a man who quoted her repeatedly in his manifesto, and whom she believes was so victimised by political correctness that he was triggered into spending 9 years planning the systematic murder of a bunch of kids and an attempt to blow up the Norwegian government. She is also maried to a strong Eurabia theory proponent, for the record.

Can't imagine why, no.

She married Niall Ferguson, so she is clearly insane.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

A school failing to react to students being beaten up and bullied is in no way unique, however, more like the norm.
Maybe I'm waving my cane now, but when i left school 15 years ago, poo poo yeah they got involved.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mithaldu posted:

Maybe I'm waving my cane now, but when i left school 15 years ago, poo poo yeah they got involved.

depends on the school.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Mithaldu posted:

Maybe Germany is different, but low-income schools in Denmark have always struggled with this, and I don't think the police ever gets involved unless we're talking gang violence or serious bodily harm.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Maybe Germany is different, but low-income schools in Denmark have always struggled with this, and I don't think the police ever gets involved unless we're talking gang violence or serious bodily harm.

First world resident here. If you beat up (and apparently piss on?) another kid at school you are looking at automatic expulsion and criminal charges.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its not racism if you're hating on a religion folks, also not racism if you're hating on a country

it's just plain old fashioned hatin

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you tell a bunch of turkish kids to stop harassing someone it's racist otoh

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe they'd left the guy alone if he wasn't such a shia with a gay (homosexual) voice

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

unpacked robinhood posted:

She knows she can get away with it. That is the sad truth.

What she did was so illegal, she has literally nothing to gain from admitting mistakes, also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/694243/German-Chancellor-Angela-Merkel-terror-attacks-wont-stop-Germany-welcoming-refugees

• Locked thread