Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I wish they had a schedule that would automatically update the later start times like the GDQ one does. I _think_ these are still original times but there's no way Metal Gear MSX is starting in 7 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm getting super depressed watching this. The runner said it was a good time for donations and the MC just stuttered around for a second before saying they had no donations. :[

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Well, compared to last night, the sound balance is better, the camera angle is good and the commentary is nice. Maybe they will get on the ball with the announcing soon, too.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Countblanc posted:

I'm getting super depressed watching this. The runner said it was a good time for donations and the MC just stuttered around for a second before saying they had no donations. :[
ESA never gets the amount of donations GDQ gets but at least they're matching the donations 10X so even though it's $1445 right now I guess it's actually $15,895 when you factor that in

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ooo, who's matching donations?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Studio posted:

Ooo, who's matching donations?

USAID, I believe.

quote:

To celebrate the 5-year anniversary of ESA, for a limited time, your donation during ESA 2016 will be amplified 10X thanks to matching grants from the US government to support maternal, newborn and child survival programs in Bangladesh and Myanmar.*

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Herc's Adventure has the sort of overly cartoonish but super unique aesthetic I wish more indie developers tried to exploit for nostalgia instead of everything just being pixel art games

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Herc's Adventure has the sort of overly cartoonish but super unique aesthetic I wish more indie developers tried to exploit for nostalgia instead of everything just being pixel art games
I dunno, that's like.... actual art...

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SpikeVegeta can be my secret santa anyday. Looks like he won't actually run anything, but announcing works too.

e: Still bothers me to see random people just doing something other than actually watching the run in the background. If you're not interested at least get off the camera. (are there any screens for the audience yet?)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jul 24, 2016

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The stream's been decent, but it's very strange going to this from last year's venue. It feels vacant.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I tune back in and all of a sudden it's SpikeVegeta and Pac's comedy hour. "Hey Naegleria, you have a joke?"

From what I heard from one interview, they had a lot of trouble with tech (as seen) and they didn't get all the equipment they were expecting so they had to make do with what they had, or something. It's getting better, though.

But there still doesn't seem to be a big screen/monitor for the audience to see the stream from. they do now

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 24, 2016

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I wake up to check out the stream, and SpikeVegeta is trying to do a dramatic reading of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme.

Marathon Saved.

Chain that man to the desk.

Looks like they have a monitor set up for viewing as well. Good to see things are improving.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mangler103 posted:

Looks like they have a monitor set up for viewing as well. Good to see things are improving.

Oh yeah, you can see now behind the runners. Good stuff.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
How the hell do you donate to this thing. Klicking on the donation banner just takes me to a mostly white page. I even went so far as to set up an account at wherever that is but nothing's changed.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
stream dead, so what

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

https://twitter.com/thisIsJoka/status/757228149067378688

Whelp

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Wow, and just when I thought they'd basically got their poo poo together.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Aw man. :(

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Soooo....how long does it take to rebuild a PC? I can usually manage a full Windows install in an hour if I have the media handy.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Hail Satan, it's live.

Tombad
Oct 21, 2010

Erata posted:

Hail Satan, it's live.

Well, that didn't last. Bel Air killed it. :(

EDIT: And back again.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

This Batman run is in desperate need of a commentator.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

A donator just asked for an Owen Wilson impression during the Jak II race. I don't think anyone got the joke.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

When the guy who organized ESA said on-camera that this event was a nightmare I thought he was making a pretty bad PR move and that if he wouldn't have said anything nobody would really have felt it went all that poorly

Now in retrospect it's all coming together

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

When the guy who organized ESA said on-camera that this event was a nightmare I thought he was making a pretty bad PR move and that if he wouldn't have said anything nobody would really have felt it went all that poorly

Now in retrospect it's all coming together

We're in the middle of another technical delay. Apparently all the audio at the game station went out.

But there's a pretty girl doing announcing, so donations are rolling in like crazy.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I wonder if they'll have to cut runs or if they're gonna go overtime at the end of the week.

Also this is pretty bad but at least they get donations now so yay? I just wanted to watch BB/DS3 before bed :smith:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

If I'm lucky Catherine and Disgaea will be delayed till I'm home from work. :haw:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Also it really sucks that everything is falling apart. I rather like the post run interviews.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I really like Ela runs and generally prefer All Bosses over Any%, but I think someone else running any% Teardrop would be much more entertaining for DS3. Elajjaz hasn't seriously run it in like 50 days, and thus isn't using any of the cool new skips and glitches and sequence-breaks that are around since then sadly. And Any% has more of those than All Bosses too.

Anyway, while a little awkward, at least this is another run without sleep-inducing commentary (or basically no commentary).

E: also are they just skipping Bloodborne entirely? I had the stream on mute while watching other stuff until DS3 came on screen, so.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 24, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Bloodborne got delayed back to tomorrow

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That's good to hear it's still getting run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
My run got delayed so hard it might actually happen sooner because I actually can't do the run if it gets delayed to the extent that it currently is because I fly out before the event actually finishes due to a gently caress-up actually booking the tickets so I'm trying to get the run moved up the schedule.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

My run got delayed so hard it might actually happen sooner because I actually can't do the run if it gets delayed to the extent that it currently is because I fly out before the event actually finishes due to a gently caress-up actually booking the tickets

At this point, they probably need to just stop the stream for a few hours, and sit down, and really figure out the problems and come up with a plan of action. Trying to fix this train while it's rolling down the tracks clearly isn't working.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

mangler103 posted:

At this point, they probably need to just stop the stream for a few hours, and sit down, and really figure out the problems and come up with a plan of action. Trying to fix this train while it's rolling down the tracks clearly isn't working.

for the record the event's been pretty fun to actually be at but the stream is a pretty incredible clusterfuck

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

for the record the event's been pretty fun to actually be at but the stream is a pretty incredible clusterfuck

The runs have been pretty good overall, and the announcers over the past day have been heroically trying to salvage it, and aren't doing a bad job, but it's basically unwatchable at this point.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

if it's any sort of tone setting for the marathon during the batman intermission when the race started I yelled "FINALLY" from the back of the room and one of the tech guys yelled back "YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP"

it was pretty hilarious for both of us at the time but it's starting to get less funny as time goes on

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Is succinct the only goon at esa?

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai

mangler103 posted:

We did this at SGDQ2014 actually, and it was critically important to making that event go smoother. It doesn't need to be a few hours of downtime if you plan your steps prior. But honestly from what I've heard it's way more than just setup issues going on (lots of bad and missing hardware), which no amount of setup is going to fix. It's a rough situation, and being a weekend does not help anything.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hitman being speedrun makes it look like a call of duty game

e: the final boss turned into some sort of creepypasta

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Quest For Glory II posted:

hitman being speedrun makes it look like a call of duty game

e: the final boss turned into some sort of creepypasta

The Final Boss was the same as the Final Boss from Demon's Souls. What a rip-off!

• Locked thread