Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

UraniumAnchor posted:

I can't make any promises but it's the most likely city at this point.

Hi UA and sorry for hijacking the thread a little but where was the Blaster Master (of any kind) run at SGDQ this year? I missed seeing you and that wonderful game :(

Also hi Studio I love you as much as I love UA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hi i also love you. No BM at SGDQ, but it was at AGDQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6edoKrMOo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
has anyone pulled a stiv yet

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

what have been some good runs to check out over the weekend?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Some guy ran some German ninja cat game. And it was pretty good.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

has anyone pulled a stiv yet
we wouldn't find out until later anyway

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

what the heck just happened in Skyrim? they just aborted it because they didn't have an amulet?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They have a really fast route to get married, but I don't think they tested their route after doing the any% marriage route. True love is dead.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tune in now to see a ventriloquist runner playing Lands of Lore 3.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

this man has amazing mouth control, I wish I could speak as clearly and loud with barely any lip movement

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This Lands of Lore run is probably the funniest so far of the event. Great combination of a bad game and a great runner & commentary. Even better with his amazing skills to talk without moving his mouth.

I haven't got time to see any VOD's, but from what I've seen, the Duck Tales 2 run and Donald: Lucky dime caper race were very good.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

"a dread spider is angered by your action" yeah man, you're stepping in her webs and poo poo :colbert:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

That ventriloquist guy was awesome.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This layout is garbage

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Am I seeing this right? They're gonna have a 7 hour FFXII speedrun this evening? Not even putting it in the dead of night, just straight in there for primetime?

I can't say I'm excited for that...it better have a loving amazing speedrunner if it wants to entertain.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Blame delays lmao

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HiipFire posted:

Blame delays lmao
Don't listen to Ondore's lies!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.

Insurrectionist posted:

Am I seeing this right? They're gonna have a 7 hour FFXII speedrun this evening? Not even putting it in the dead of night, just straight in there for primetime?

I can't say I'm excited for that...it better have a loving amazing speedrunner if it wants to entertain.

I guess it depends on where you are in the world. It's around 10am for me.

Still, any 7 hour run is kind of crazy for a speedrun marathon.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

mangler103 posted:

Last year (when ESA had two streams going on at the same time though) they had a similar, really long run of Final Fantasy IX which was really entertaining. Two guys played and one guy was on commentary.

But I have no such nostalgia for FF XII so I'll probably do something else for tonight.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

mangler103 posted:

Well prime-time is determined by the location of the actual run, Euro prime-time in addition to obviously having the best attendance at the actual event, also has had the most viewers and donations and, until today, mostly relatively high-profile runs - or would have if it wasn't for the delays. For example, BB->Ds3->GTA->Hitman2->Bioshock Infinite was supposed to start early evening CET on Sunday, and would have been the prime-time into night 'block' of big games. Instead BB got pushed to the next day and DS3 didn't start until past midnight. Just look at how many big games/runs are currently scheduled to start in 6/30/54 etc hours now, which would originally be 8PM - midnight or so CET under this theory - Half Life, Quake I+II, two Zelda titles, Symphony of the Night, Tetris Grand Master, etc.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Add Nintendo Nightmare on your watch list if you haven't seen it. I'm not sure if it's so much actually a "game" than a state of mind, but there's dev commentary

quote:

- Why did you make this game?
- I don't know.

And great fun all around.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SpikeVegeta on the couch and its not for kingdom hearts...

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Quest For Glory II posted:

SpikeVegeta on the couch and its not for kingdom hearts...

there IS a kingdom hearts run later though and I would be surprised if Spike wasn't on couch for it

being done by one of the people I'm rooming with lol although I don't really know much about Aqua Crit (I run Ventus Crit and basically nothing else) so I probably won't be on his couch but the guy actually really knows a lot about BBS so it should be a good one

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 26, 2016

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

wow, I didn't know there was a Tomb Raider game where Lara has pigtails instead of one long braid.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i tried to use one of the bathrooms and there was a dude loving sleeping in it europeans are gross

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i tried to use one of the bathrooms and there was a dude loving sleeping in it europeans are gross

Jangbang owns shut the gently caress up.

Also it's an out of order toilet, it's clearly signed.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Chucat posted:

clearly signed in a language I cannot loving read

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Chucat posted:

A sign that's a big fat lie btw

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

clearly signed in a language I cannot loving read

HiipFire posted:

A sign that's a big fat lie btw

Where the gently caress are you posting from?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that's still a very weird and wrong place to sleep.

and it should've been in god's language, english.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Chucat posted:

you think a man has time to bust out google translate when he's trying to take a leak to read weird signs on bathroom doors

gently caress no i'm taking that piss

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Chucat posted:

In the main hall

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Were they drunk? Because that seems like a suitable place to sleep if drunk.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Croccers posted:

Were they drunk? Because that seems like a suitable place to sleep if drunk.

No we're just lazy'', and some people don't want to go to Mass Housing. Since it's cold and has people who snore like a combination of a baby and a goat there.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

chucat are you running the gomez game.

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
Is it just me or is ESA full to bursting of these early 3D-platformers? I feel like every 2nd or 3rd game I see involves someone collecting 1000 whatchawhozits.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

be careful harry

it could be poison

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

I'm definitely excited for the Futurama run, especially with the hero of SGDQ 2015 Henneko running it. Kind of hope it's a total disaster, like his Prince of Persia run.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nice a donation referencing the Crash 2 runner at AGDQ

"i hope you dont get so embarassed you wish everyone in the room was dead"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Quest For Glory II posted:

be careful harry

it could be poison