Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Got my donation read, so I'm happy.

#hugsforhenneko

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, Futurama is not a good game. I don't know how Henneko stays so positive.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

MooCowlian posted:

Just in case anyone wasn't aware, Futurama is not a good game. I don't know how Henneko stays so positive.

he's just sort of like that

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Wow this guy is not very good

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

he's just sort of like that

Yeah, but I've been at least vaguely aware of what he's been doing for a good year and a half at this point and he's just been subjecting himself to a neverending stream of dogshit. How does that not break a man?

I'm consistently impressed by speedrunners playing terrible games in frustrating ways for years on end and not ending up bitter.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

MooCowlian posted:

I'm consistently impressed by speedrunners playing terrible games in frustrating ways for years on end and not ending up bitter.

Meanwhile I play good games in frustrating ways and end up resenting everyone and everything to do with it.

Takes all sorts to make a world, I guess but yeah Henneko's general spirit is pretty remarkable.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Hosting was fun, shame I have to do it again.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Meanwhile I play good games in frustrating ways and end up resenting everyone and everything to do with it.

Takes all sorts to make a world, I guess but yeah Henneko's general spirit is pretty remarkable.

Too bad your run is in the middle of the night, but I'll be sure to watch the VOD and laugh at you cheer you on.

Chucat posted:

Hosting was fun, shame I have to do it again.

You did good

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this fruit volleyball minigame is some Toontown Online poo poo

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

this fruit volleyball minigame is some Toontown Online poo poo

dude that's what I said to them when they were practising and they all looked at me like I was losing my marbles

fuckers don't even know about toontown online that game is choice

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
lollin' at him crashing the cart on the LttP "no major glitches" run after he glitched into a whirlpool.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

link fell into a vortex and died

he quantum leaped and never got home

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dude that's what I said to them when they were practising and they all looked at me like I was losing my marbles

fuckers don't even know about toontown online that game is choice
i would play another MMO if it was turn based like TTO was

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Guy sits and plays Final Fantasy XII for 7 hours straight.

Guy takes a break 16 minutes into Timesplitters 2.

Granted, I only started watching when it just happened, so I'll have to see the VOD on what actually went down.

e: Then apparently they censored him in the interview by showing the hall cam instead of interview cam. (but if I got it correct he said him leaving was a joke since it was an auto-scroller.)

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jul 28, 2016

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

It was a joke since otherwise he'd have sat there for 2 minutes doing nothing.

Also they showed the hall cam instead because they put the scene transistion through and then nothing happened, they weren't trying to censor him by just giving him audio in case he flashed the vape sign or something lmao.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Chucat posted:

Also they showed the hall cam instead because they put the scene transistion through and then nothing happened, they weren't trying to censor him by just giving him audio in case he flashed the vape sign or something lmao.

Yeah, I know, I know. Someone said in the chat that they have GIVEN THE SIGNAL for screen transition but it just failed to change.

At least you had a good view on the whole thing. It was a very entertaining run, to be sure.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

people drew nice art for my run it's a very touching gesture

https://twitter.com/Pedrovinm/status/758521832215552000

https://twitter.com/goshaag/status/758580310367952896

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
This Driver race is great. :allears:
One guy soft-locked and is salting it up.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Chucat posted:

you didn't answer my question.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Tetris Grandmaster is always awesome despite I've seen it a couple of GDQ's already. I envy those who see this for the first time now.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What's up with the timer/run? I tabbed over to another stream after whichever was the Tetris game where he lost before 800. Then checking back a bit later the timer was at only 3 minutes. Next game was scheduled to start around now and according to the estimate we still have 45 minutes to go.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

currently crapping myself in the upstairs room due to nerves

also my run got punted another hour back due to whatever the gently caress so I'm at 4am now

cool now I'm nervous AND tired, a winning combination

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I just tuned in and this guy is behind in the race, other guy completed so a dude jumped in and speedran some Ys game (granted it took under a minute :v: )

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

also my run got punted another hour back due to whatever the gently caress so I'm at 4am now

good luck

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
So I've been watching this Phantasy Star II run for like 3 minutes, and they guy is just aimlessly selecting menus and then sitting there doing nothing.

Is this a trick or has the whole event gone mad?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

I'm sure it'll go great!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

retag ESA as Social Eating

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

retag ESA as Social Eating

punchy status: in the back losing his loving mind that his run is getting pushed back even loving further for this garbage chdsflkdsjflksdjaf

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we're back to day 1 level of everything going wrong

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

punchy status: in the back losing his loving mind that his run is getting pushed back even loving further for this garbage chdsflkdsjflksdjaf

It'll be fine. Be sure to get some popcorn.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

There's still another 2 runs and set-up periods to delay your run even further, I bet you could get a 2 hour nap in.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo ESA just cant catch a break

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
See? Totally time to nap!

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
With this run, and Phantasy Star before it, I think it's a good time for everyone to take a nap.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

DK 94 has a ton of cool bits of movement tech but... 75 minutes is a lot of DK 94.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Nice meme where I decided to sleep early to wake up to host at 4AM after my hosting was pushed back from around 10PM and now it's actually at 6:30 AM.

Cooler meme where it took them 2 hours to set up a PAL SNES or something.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

mangler103 posted:

So I've been watching this Phantasy Star II run for like 3 minutes, and they guy is just aimlessly selecting menus and then sitting there doing nothing.

Is this a trick or has the whole event gone mad?
believe it or not it's not aimless and he wasn't doing nothing

he had to press down off the bottom of the screen something like 120 times, then do it again for some other huge number

i'm frankly surprised he was able to keep his cool after failing it once

oh and good luck Punchy

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

CrashCat posted:

believe it or not it's not aimless and he wasn't doing nothing

he had to press down off the bottom of the screen something like 120 times, then do it again for some other huge number

i'm frankly surprised he was able to keep his cool after failing it once

oh and good luck Punchy

is this like a glitch or is the game just that boring? Didn't catch the stream

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

man the voice acting in freedom planet is so bad. the run is good however, punchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FISH!!!

• Locked thread