Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I wonder if they'll have to cut runs or if they're gonna go overtime at the end of the week.

Also this is pretty bad but at least they get donations now so yay? I just wanted to watch BB/DS3 before bed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I really like Ela runs and generally prefer All Bosses over Any%, but I think someone else running any% Teardrop would be much more entertaining for DS3. Elajjaz hasn't seriously run it in like 50 days, and thus isn't using any of the cool new skips and glitches and sequence-breaks that are around since then sadly. And Any% has more of those than All Bosses too.

Anyway, while a little awkward, at least this is another run without sleep-inducing commentary (or basically no commentary).

E: also are they just skipping Bloodborne entirely? I had the stream on mute while watching other stuff until DS3 came on screen, so.

Insurrectionist fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 24, 2016

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
That's good to hear it's still getting run.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Well I just don't know who to trust on this

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Welp.

Let's hope it's short this time.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Am I seeing this right? They're gonna have a 7 hour FFXII speedrun this evening? Not even putting it in the dead of night, just straight in there for primetime?

I can't say I'm excited for that...it better have a loving amazing speedrunner if it wants to entertain.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

mangler103 posted:

I guess it depends on where you are in the world. It's around 10am for me.

Still, any 7 hour run is kind of crazy for a speedrun marathon.

Well prime-time is determined by the location of the actual run, Euro prime-time in addition to obviously having the best attendance at the actual event, also has had the most viewers and donations and, until today, mostly relatively high-profile runs - or would have if it wasn't for the delays. For example, BB->Ds3->GTA->Hitman2->Bioshock Infinite was supposed to start early evening CET on Sunday, and would have been the prime-time into night 'block' of big games. Instead BB got pushed to the next day and DS3 didn't start until past midnight. Just look at how many big games/runs are currently scheduled to start in 6/30/54 etc hours now, which would originally be 8PM - midnight or so CET under this theory - Half Life, Quake I+II, two Zelda titles, Symphony of the Night, Tetris Grand Master, etc.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What's up with the timer/run? I tabbed over to another stream after whichever was the Tetris game where he lost before 800. Then checking back a bit later the timer was at only 3 minutes. Next game was scheduled to start around now and according to the estimate we still have 45 minutes to go.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

currently crapping myself in the upstairs room due to nerves

also my run got punted another hour back due to whatever the gently caress so I'm at 4am now

cool now I'm nervous AND tired, a winning combination

I'm sure it'll go great!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

punchy status: in the back losing his loving mind that his run is getting pushed back even loving further for this garbage chdsflkdsjflksdjaf

There's still another 2 runs and set-up periods to delay your run even further, I bet you could get a 2 hour nap in.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
See? Totally time to nap!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

VoD went up in loving record speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRlwmdkW4bg

I'm pretty proud of it tbh

I've never played Sonic game or -like but this looks a lot more fun than actual Sonic games.

• Locked thread