Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I genuinely did not know Bastion was purple. (I'm colorblind and it's a fake color; he always looked pink to me, which is equally fake.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I do want to reiterate something I posted in TV IV after having been criticial about Lenore Zann's voice after the first few episodes: While I stand by the opinion that her voice has noticeably aged more than most of the returning cast, she's also stepped up 1000% in what they've asked her to do in the last two episodes Rogue's been featured in, and more than justified the decision to bring her back.

The voice actor for Wolverine is kind of rough because sometimes he sounds super old and sometimes he can get it exactly like the old show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The voice actor for Wolverine is kind of rough because sometimes he sounds super old and sometimes he can get it exactly like the old show.

I do agree with this but it bothers me less because, i mean, Logan's like 300 years old anyway.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

OnimaruXLR posted:

Sadly Ed Asner passed away in 2021

You know what that means: someone get JK Simmons on speed dial

Ah that was it, yeah I could totally see that happening since JK is active in the MCU and a prolific voice actor himself. If he were standing in for (with the best will in the world) one of Haim Saban's stable of non-union VAs it might seem a bit jarring but for someone of Asner's stature that's not an issue.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*

Gaz-L posted:

I do agree with this but it bothers me less because, i mean, Logan's like 300 years old anyway.

Yea, for this instance, Logan sounding old actually makes him fit better.

I agree about Rogue delivering it in the last episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ah that was it, yeah I could totally see that happening since JK is active in the MCU and a prolific voice actor himself. If he were standing in for (with the best will in the world) one of Haim Saban's stable of non-union VAs it might seem a bit jarring but for someone of Asner's stature that's not an issue.

I'd also be fine with Darin dePaul doing his Simmons impression he uses in the Spider-Man video games.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
This Kevin Conroy story just popped on my Instagram. Probably been seen before but here it is.

"What's it feel like to be Santa Claus"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I was (well, still am) very unfamiliar with Bastion, so when I saw the new bad guy was a purple dude messing with technology, I thought it was Feilong from the recent X-Men/Iron Man comics and thought "wow that's a pretty recent pull for this show". I guess little did I know of the X-Men's long history of purple bad guys (that aren't The Purple Man™)

I was unfamiliar with what Bastion looked like as well, so I thought he was Feilong for a bit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, at first I thought it was Feilong, but figured it wasn't by the end of the episode then watched the credits until I saw a character name I didn't recognize.