Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I genuinely did not know Bastion was purple. (I'm colorblind and it's a fake color; he always looked pink to me, which is equally fake.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I do want to reiterate something I posted in TV IV after having been criticial about Lenore Zann's voice after the first few episodes: While I stand by the opinion that her voice has noticeably aged more than most of the returning cast, she's also stepped up 1000% in what they've asked her to do in the last two episodes Rogue's been featured in, and more than justified the decision to bring her back.

The voice actor for Wolverine is kind of rough because sometimes he sounds super old and sometimes he can get it exactly like the old show.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The voice actor for Wolverine is kind of rough because sometimes he sounds super old and sometimes he can get it exactly like the old show.

I do agree with this but it bothers me less because, i mean, Logan's like 300 years old anyway.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

OnimaruXLR posted:

Sadly Ed Asner passed away in 2021

You know what that means: someone get JK Simmons on speed dial

Ah that was it, yeah I could totally see that happening since JK is active in the MCU and a prolific voice actor himself. If he were standing in for (with the best will in the world) one of Haim Saban's stable of non-union VAs it might seem a bit jarring but for someone of Asner's stature that's not an issue.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Gaz-L posted:

I do agree with this but it bothers me less because, i mean, Logan's like 300 years old anyway.

Yea, for this instance, Logan sounding old actually makes him fit better.

I agree about Rogue delivering it in the last episode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BizarroAzrael posted:

Ah that was it, yeah I could totally see that happening since JK is active in the MCU and a prolific voice actor himself. If he were standing in for (with the best will in the world) one of Haim Saban's stable of non-union VAs it might seem a bit jarring but for someone of Asner's stature that's not an issue.

I'd also be fine with Darin dePaul doing his Simmons impression he uses in the Spider-Man video games.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
This Kevin Conroy story just popped on my Instagram. Probably been seen before but here it is.

"What's it feel like to be Santa Claus"

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TwoPair posted:

I was (well, still am) very unfamiliar with Bastion, so when I saw the new bad guy was a purple dude messing with technology, I thought it was Feilong from the recent X-Men/Iron Man comics and thought "wow that's a pretty recent pull for this show". I guess little did I know of the X-Men's long history of purple bad guys (that aren't The Purple Man™)

I was unfamiliar with what Bastion looked like as well, so I thought he was Feilong for a bit as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, at first I thought it was Feilong, but figured it wasn't by the end of the episode then watched the credits until I saw a character name I didn't recognize.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is Feilong for those curious.

Here he is a little less scuffed up

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 26, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

for nostalgia purposes, looked into those old collectable X-men cards I remembered from the 90s.
might fulfill the dream and buy a bunch of complete sets just to look at, they don't seem that pricey either, for the regular sets, no idea about which super rare ones might be out there like the holograms, but the non-hologram sets are pretty cheap

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Huh, now that I think about it, Feilong and my theory for who the new cartoon Bastion is kind of have a bit in common specifically post-human cybernetics and a murderous hatred for their mutant parents

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The 92 and 94 sets are the two worth owning. They were some of my favorite cards as a kid, and the other X-Men cards don't really hold a candle to those two.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I don't think I've ever seen X-Men cards, but I think I did have a couple X-Men pogs.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I had a huge case of OG VS System cards.

That was a fun game. Too bad the remake of it uses a commander/hero playstyle instead of being really team based.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I used to have a complete set of those Marvel cards that you'd put in binders and it's a 9 card scene. Anyone remember those wonder how much a complete set is

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

usually part of the bigger set.
the 1992 and 1994-1996 fleet or imperl sets are like $30-50 each for like a complete card set of 100 or whatever
though I think there's a chase set of hologram cards that are the pricer that's in different price category that's usually sold separately from the other complete lots.

i saw this set which looks nice, but for me, looking for more focused card sets like the x-men or spider-man stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2858229650...TAGNM8PC7R6D15Y

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Grem posted:

I used to have a complete set of those Marvel cards that you'd put in binders and it's a 9 card scene. Anyone remember those wonder how much a complete set is

There's a Spider-Man set like that that is all Mark Bagley art. Was always one of my favorites.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Open Marriage Night posted:

There's a Spider-Man set like that that is all Mark Bagley art. Was always one of my favorites.

Yeah, same for me with the Jim Lee X-Men set. Looked nice in a binder.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think he did a lot of the art for those big nine-card images as well.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Never had the set but I do have a couple choice cards from it that I've kept for this whole time. Other Spidey art can be as good, but not better imo.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Never had the set but I do have a couple choice cards from it that I've kept for this whole time. Other Spidey art can be as good, but not better imo.

Bagley's basically my platonic ideal for Spider-Man art. His style is just the right kind of cartoony (which is also why it was very effective when he drew the flashbacks in Alias, as it felt profoundly messed up for those events to be in that style)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
New X-Men trailer, small bit of footage we haven't seen yet looks like Cable is joining the team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1Pax-QHlA

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Air Skwirl posted:

New X-Men trailer, small bit of footage we haven't seen yet looks like Cable is joining the team.

And Magneto putting the helmet on

God, the hype version of the theme song was so good.

bunnyofdoom fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 29, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i'm kinda bored of epic orchestrated versions of themes like that, but the piano 24 seconds in gave me chills

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 29, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MAWS returns on May 25, have a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ihhvbr2aA

Supergirl confirmed (also Alex is indeed this show’s version of Luthor as most people suspected)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 30, 2024

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Air Skwirl posted:

That last line is so good I wish I hadn't watched the trailer and seen it in context first.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
X-Men 97 feels like a lightning in a bottle moment. The people making this KNOW the most popular X-Men are Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler, yet they use them sparingly unlike most various X-Men properties lean hard into using these guys. When Wolverine actually says something or does something you know it's gold, Rogue's lines are incredible even though you can tell she's aged and Nightcrawler is still cool as poo poo.

I grew up reading X-Men cause I didn't have cable so I had to pray that every once in a while on Saturday mornings the wind would blow just right for my antenna to pick up Fox Kids. I still have kept up with them but it always amazes me that for a series that's based on racial tolerance and people being gifted with amazing powers that can be used for good or evil, or a person getting a strange power set that can lead to interesting character development, yet a LOT of the stories involve "Someone from the future which is a huge dystopia is trying to gently caress up the present!"

I really hope they can kind of just keep this going and may be revive Spider-Man along with it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I know at least a few actors from the 90’s Spidey show would probably be willing to return at least (just have JK Simmons play Jonah again in place of the late Ed Asner)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I grew up reading X-Men cause I didn't have cable

That's because he was in New Mutants and X-Force.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Larryb posted:

MAWS returns on May 25, have a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Ihhvbr2aA

Supergirl confirmed (also Alex is indeed this show’s version of Luthor as most people suspected)
The stuff in the spoilers is fun, but all I really care about is getting more Lois and Clark being adorable.

Diabetic posted:

I really hope they can kind of just keep this going and may be revive Spider-Man along with it.
Oh God, please yes. It still bothers me that MJ is lost and never got recovered.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1131867334740957884?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=5d46e872-87a3-4a7a-bcb1-e7e8c81c925f

Xmen '97 is one of airbnb's "icons." It was probably fun to go around the house and draw thick lines on everything.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Diabetic posted:

X-Men 97 feels like a lightning in a bottle moment. The people making this KNOW the most popular X-Men are Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler, yet they use them sparingly unlike most various X-Men properties lean hard into using these guys. When Wolverine actually says something or does something you know it's gold, Rogue's lines are incredible even though you can tell she's aged and Nightcrawler is still cool as poo poo.

I can't tell if you wrote this before or after seeing the latest episode because Wolverine and Nightcrawler are dope as hell in this one!

I find this show hard to believe, it's ridiculously great every single time. Like I'd have to just list every sequence if I wanted to rhyme off the good parts from today's episode. I even got a surprise Spider-Man crossover cameo!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i thought the logan/kurt scene was cool, and then the summers clan did fast and furious 11

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do have to wonder how much they're planning on expanding this because that was a lot of guest characters this episode.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd like more Summers Family Adventures.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Lobok posted:

I can't tell if you wrote this before or after seeing the latest episode because Wolverine and Nightcrawler are dope as hell in this one!

I find this show hard to believe, it's ridiculously great every single time. Like I'd have to just list every sequence if I wanted to rhyme off the good parts from today's episode. I even got a surprise Spider-Man crossover cameo!

I wrote this after watching this episode and for main characters they have had the least amount of screen time until this one.

If the writing stays solid I could watch this until it is X-Men 'present day

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

I do have to wonder how much they're planning on expanding this because that was a lot of guest characters this episode.

Hopefully not much. This needs to be an X-Men show. Showing us other characters are in the universe is cool and all but let's not lose the plot here.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I was unfamiliar with what Bastion looked like as well, so I thought he was Feilong for a bit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I like how it's implied that Silver Samurai just stands at his windows in his armor all night.