Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

"Squirrel and Hedgehog"

Gotta go fast!

…because there’s no food again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

There's a Spider-Man set like that that is all Mark Bagley art. Was always one of my favorites.

I think he did a lot of the art for those big nine-card images as well.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

khwarezm posted:

This brings up a corollary to my earlier post, the fact that Darkseid and his minions more and more get used as recurring foes to Superman and the League has deteriorated Darkseid as much of a threat, when he shows up again and again and usually gets defeated and things reset to status quo he seems to be increasingly less of a terrifying, transcendent and nearly unstoppable manifestation of evil and more like a Saturday morning cartoon villain who angrily shakes his fist at Superman and the rest for foiling his plan to turn all of the ice cream in Metropolis sour so that the police would have stomach aches while he tries to kidnap the president and vowing to get them next time while Kalibak goes 'Duuuuuh, you get 'em pops!' and falls on head when they get out of the boom tube.

I think he needs to be laid off from for some time and put back into the background so he comes across as a bit more serious when he does get used in the future, at least Thanos got proper build up over the Marvel movies and accordingly was a very memorable threat for a lot of people and a big watershed moment for the whole franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZuo0B24IzM

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Darkseid was voiced by Welker in the 80s Superpowers cartoon. His only interest was to get Wonder Woman to marry him. I’d like to see that version come back.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I know Cannonball has been been in the cartoon—did he ever talk about the unique qualities he holds when he’s blastin’?