Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I didn't realize Inferno was sort of a Dark Crystal reference and I had this show have to point it out to me.

This latest X-Men 97 episode dipped into the "this isn't really for kids to watch and it's more for the people that grew up with this" territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

GateOfD posted:

is there a reason why Mr.Sinister is super weak to Cyclop's beams?

Cyke is an omega level mutant with them punch beams, it's a wonder he doesn't punch more people in the chest.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

X-Men 97 feels like a lightning in a bottle moment. The people making this KNOW the most popular X-Men are Wolverine, Rogue, and Nightcrawler, yet they use them sparingly unlike most various X-Men properties lean hard into using these guys. When Wolverine actually says something or does something you know it's gold, Rogue's lines are incredible even though you can tell she's aged and Nightcrawler is still cool as poo poo.

I grew up reading X-Men cause I didn't have cable so I had to pray that every once in a while on Saturday mornings the wind would blow just right for my antenna to pick up Fox Kids. I still have kept up with them but it always amazes me that for a series that's based on racial tolerance and people being gifted with amazing powers that can be used for good or evil, or a person getting a strange power set that can lead to interesting character development, yet a LOT of the stories involve "Someone from the future which is a huge dystopia is trying to gently caress up the present!"

I really hope they can kind of just keep this going and may be revive Spider-Man along with it.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Lobok posted:

I can't tell if you wrote this before or after seeing the latest episode because Wolverine and Nightcrawler are dope as hell in this one!

I find this show hard to believe, it's ridiculously great every single time. Like I'd have to just list every sequence if I wanted to rhyme off the good parts from today's episode. I even got a surprise Spider-Man crossover cameo!

I wrote this after watching this episode and for main characters they have had the least amount of screen time until this one.

If the writing stays solid I could watch this until it is X-Men 'present day