Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Wasn't there a comic where a bitter, wheelchair-bound Barbara called out Batman for sharing a laugh with the Joker after he crippled her? I seem to remember a panel where she mentions this and Batman is ashamed or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

Has there ever been a Batman comic where Bruce is confronted by his parents who see his life as Batman and ask him why he used his life spending their money and using their legacy as a vigilante?

I could've sworn there was an episode about this in TAS. Also think Batman: Ego has his inner demons bring up something very similar.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

The comic never establishes, for example, that Batman is a vigilante crime-fighter who dresses as a supernatural creature to frighten criminals. According to The Killing Joke, Batman is a strangely-dressed man that inexplicably commands the respect and reverence of police officers and criminals alike. Things like this make the comic feel vague and inconstant.

The Killing Joke does not exist in a vacuum. I think it is safe to assume people know a few things about Batman without every single comic going back to his origin.