Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

No, it is absolutely relevant. You're free to have your own readings of a story. That is a good part of fiction. When you say "it was INTENDED to be (x) and anyone who disagrees is wrong" then you're speaking for the author and at that point the author's word becomes relevant.

(That said these guys poo poo all over the story anyway so... welp.)

You are the comic book nerd, from the simpsons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

Yes, the comic book guy from the simpsons is well known for... I don't even know what you're trying to reference here actually?

You being a shrill dweeb

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jokes on me

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ImpAtom posted:

God, you really are just the worst loving poster in this subforum.

Somethings wrong with him

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurzon posted:

Nobody complained about Gordon's victimization. Or the 10,000 other nameless victims that pop up in other Batman stories.

If the issue is that Batgirl fans would no longer get any more Batgirl stories, well, then you should ask why DC editorial decided to integrate TKJ into mainstream continuity and keep Barabara crippled for 23 years.

What victimization are you talking about

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurzon posted:

He got beaten, kidnapped, stripped naked, and tormented with pictures of his daughter. Sure, he could still walk after that, but gently caress you if you think he's not a victim too.

Seems pretty lesser

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Franchescanado posted:

And possibly sexually assaulted by mentally handicapped dwarves.

This really sounds like a great and important comic book

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats with the wikipedia quote?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop being so dense dude

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The batman status quo is mega stupid

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

ImpAtom was repeatedly saying the book was poorly written, and got really upset that I disagreed without writing a novel. I don't mind if people criticize the book, I'm not married to it.

I think its lovely, nice rant btw

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is the definition of fanboying. You got offended someone didn't think a story you like is perfect and responded in a juvenile whiny way.

Somethings wrong with him

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I guess it's just "poo poo on Lurdiak to make ourselves feel better" time, again. I'm used to it.

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure I know.

It's not me and I'm sorry you got such a stupid av