Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Just caught up to Young Justice episode 13.

This was worth the wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Is S03E22 the season finale for Young Justice ? because they hit that one out of the park.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Show keeps steadily improving.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

i like to think its realistic in a way DCAU shows never have been

It's a fantastic cartoon about relationships and the importance of a positive self-image. That says gently caress and has gore in it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Nobody will be able to just grab a character from another studio and start using them. Copyrights expire, trademarks don't.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

hopefully when the full series premieres in the fall(assuming it doesn't get delayed that is) it'll be even better, cause the original comics for the Freak Brothers are amazing and it'd be a shame for their first foray into a non comics medium to end up falling flat(honestly it kinda amazes me that it took this long)

That's definitely better than the Trump one. They're taking the right approach to marketing a new comedy: releasing whole bits instead of cutting a bunch of gags into a trailer without a shred of context.

Compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3RkBKedKWw

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

If we're going to talk about uneven DCAU series then Batman Beyond probably tops them. A lot of the episodes are just supremely forgettable but at the same time you had episodes like 'Dead Man's Hand' or 'Shriek' which gave us this amazing bit at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceca1JCRQbA

That's peak Batman right there.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Skwirl posted:

s01e16 "Eternal Youth" is the episode I'm watching that made me realize this, for anyone who wants to check it out. Poison Ivy is turning corporate executives who profit off destroying the environment into trees, so I don't actually have a problem with the gist of her plan, Alfred get's wrapped up in it and that's the sole reason I'm rooting (no pun intended) for Batman.

"I'm not a supervillain. I identify as an ecoterrorist."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

That said, both I and a friend who I turned on to the show absolutely adore their take on Ivy. Normally the DCAU is like my platonic ideal for most Batman characters, but goddamn if HQ's Ivy isn't the platonic ideal of Ivy to me now.

"I'm not a supervillain. I identify as an ecoterrorist."

That show just slays me.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

In technically-DC animation news, I'd like to recommend Phantom 2040. Sure, I can appreciate that a 1994-96 animated series based on a fairly obscure comic character might not be instantly appealing but hear me out. It had a good budget, which combined with character designs by the same person who did Aeon Flux, it's going to look good. The voice acting talent is stellar, Margot Kidder, Ron Perlman, Pamela Adlon (Bobby from King of the Hill), Leah Remini (Carrie from The King of Queens) and a bunch more people with really solid resumes. Oh yeah, and Mark Hamill in one of his craziest roles. The show runner is probably best known for the Flash Gordon animated series, so I don't know how he managed this.

The series tag line is "In the year 2040, one hero fights to save our dying planet". A powerful megacorp is plotting to destroy the environment, withdraw into a protected enclave, and then take over once the dust settles. It's amazingly cyberpunk; cloned organs, androids on the verge of self-awareness... and over it, cops in powered armor, ongoing ecological catastrophe and breakdown of society, computer hacking in VR, AI assistants, sentient programs, and of course a megacorp bent on loving over the planet for a profit. It's also not afraid to go over the top and play it straight; if you want to hear Margot Kidder make a Ren and Stimpy reference, step right this way. The writing is actually really solid, there's some great characterizations and episode plotlines.

The whole thing is on YouTube in good quality, check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgkKj2n1LjA_VzcrpMQ8l_NszGmxAA1d0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

BTAS talk always puts me in mind of the movie poster gallery some mad artist made,

https://imgur.com/gallery/1HArE