Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

ZDar Fan posted:

Yeah, I think it was the second season of Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends that did an origin episode for each of the titular characters. Iceman's episode had them visit the X-Men in the non-flashback portion, where Wolverine inexplicably had an Australian accent.

He most undoubtedly had an Australian Accent in the Pryde of the X-Men short they did.

That was just.. strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, Ultimate Spider-man just has a two-parter left to finish its run. However, there's also the final Christmas special from that show, guess who'll make their animated debut in the episode called The Moon Knight Before Christmas.

Oh man, I hope it's swanky suit Moon Knight.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEj-S2B09M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQQVw_0t16o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to17BT6Lt1E

These are some pretty good 5 minute shorts. I kind of like that Disney is tossing them out.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Obviously, he shrank them.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I mean, if disney did sort of a DC Nation thing, but actually gave a poo poo about it, and kept it going.

I'd watch. They did a bunch of shorts with Rocket and Groot, too.

he DC Nation stuff, was totally awesome, even the stuff that didn't work was short.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqTrdptLRrs

Marvel could do small stuff for their minor characters and drum up more interest for them, like Howard, Sleepwalker, Slapstick, Doop, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Patsy, X-Babies, Power Pack.

Those would all draw in a younger crowd.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

TwoPair posted:

Probably needs to lose the fanny-pack though

Where else would he keep his extra web fluid? When he loses the fanny pack, he's going to start having problems.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Reboots each time.

There's even a made for TV-Movie that links the first two as being alternate universes. Turtles Forever.

Which kind of makes the OG turtles look a bit too goofy (which they were, just not THAT goofy), but it's still fun.

Each of them have their strengths and weaknesses.

PicklePants fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Sep 28, 2017

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
It was better than Batman and Harley Quinn.

It's a bit sad how the quality of their animation has kind of dipped since Under the Red Hood.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Huh. They added a season of Justice League Action! to Hulu.

Man.. they're really hard on Booster.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I.. really don't like the Sea Captain. But, whatever.

Scorpia is Dina from Super Store! She's amazing!

I dig everyone else in the show so far, and I like that we're getting peaks of Hordak.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Dawgstar posted:

They've sort of made him Sokka is the best correlation I can think of. Which is fine.

This is what I thought too. He's a bit more competent in fighting than Sokka. Well, at least before Sokka got his sword training.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

TwoPair posted:

He can't be 80% as long as Phil Lamarr is still in the game.

e: oh wait, I guess Phil only does adults

Nah. Phil was Static Shock. He also plays Bernard on Craig of the Creek.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

good day for a bris posted:

So I watched Batman vs. TMNT last night with my kids, and while I thought it was perfect for who I thought the target audience should be, I was kind of put off by the pointless blood in scenes. Like the dialogue is all pretty PG and the humor is pretty much geared towards 8 year old but then Shredder will throw a shuriken into someones face and there will be a bunch of blood, or someone's chest will be stabbed through with blood all over the shirt. It just seemed kinda off.

I really liked the bit where they used the snaps on Batgirl's cape.

It did get a bit weird, and I think the turtles got chumped out a bit to Bats (but, I also kind of expected that.)

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I wanna say.. I just watched Toy Story 4.

It's very weird to hear Dr. Psycho's voice as a lovable toy created by a kinder gardener. It's the EXACT SAME VOICE.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
The Boys cartoon was mostly fine. A really good episode done by Andy Samberg.

A couple of alright episodes.

I didn't like the one by Awkwafina.

A fun experiment, and I'd be interested in seeing if they continued to do these every year or so.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I do love Australian Wolverine. Really needs to come back.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Was catching up on Superman last night!

It's just so charming. Clark is just delightful, and so are Lois and Jimmy.

Congrats to all who make it. I wish you more money.

Also, it was nice to have kind of a ...mostly.. peaceful Monsieur Mallah and The Brain.

PicklePants fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 21, 2023

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I finally caught up on all of My Adventures with Superman.

I really want to point out how much I love Clark's fight choreography, too.

He's just reacting. He feels like he has no combat training (as he should, who'd he have to spar with?). It's great to see him being overwhelmed by better fighters, if they upgrade their abilities a bit.

He so often feels like he's on the back foot in every conflict he's in, and that's so rare for Superman. It's good drama.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
It feels like DC is going, "Oh poo poo. Spider-Verse is popular! Marvel is doing Multiverse! We've done multiverse stuff! Throw it into production! Three Parts!"

Their straight to streaming/dvd movies have been.. incredibly mediocre.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I guess a new What If is coming out every day.

They've been.. fine? Nothing really exciting.

The backgrounds are beautiful, and well painted, but the character models seem not so great. They move fine.

I don't know why they decided to give Happy Hogan a die hard. It was just a weird episode.

None of them are anything that I'd consider watching twice.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I gotta say, I warmed up to What If on episodes 5 and 6.

Five had the most compelling fight in Marvel since, maybe Winter Soldier.

It's not often in Marvel Properties, that they're pinned down, overwhelmed, getting their rear end kicked and escaping by the skin of their teeth, and injured afterwards. Even when they've tried to do it in Avengers and Ultron, it never felt like that oppressive of a force. Peggy was also getting tossed around by Steve and did NOT have control of the situation.

Kahhori was just.. a great alternate earth episode. With a nice little ending to it.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
While.. not quite animated. There is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tc6UbEYI4M

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
If I recall, they were slightly more competent as Freedom Force, too.

They beat the Avengers by jumping them during a baseball game they were having. (Always baseball. I don't remember Excalibur every having cricket breaks.)

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Woof. They really threw in some white nationalist talking points with the Friends of Humanity stuff.

How dare they make Cyclops actually do cool stuff, and have a cool fight scene. drat it.

Also,

Storm! Noooooo!

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
They could hint at so much with what the bad guys said, but Magneto still couldn't directly say he was in the holocaust.

He danced around it in a clunky way. The 2000s X-Men movies were PG-13, and they had it, or is this after an even younger demo? Because the nostalgia bait makes me think that this is made for older :corsair: fans.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

MonsterEnvy posted:

White Queen was not actually in the original intro.

No clue who pink guy was

The pink guy was no one. They just drew up a guy and slapped him in to fill out the villain side.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Well.

He joined the Avengers after he left the X-Men and hung out with Wonder Man, and they were goofy and delightful.

He also was in the Defenders.

Then he became a lion.

Then.. uh. Well, after that it just goes really down hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
Man. I am so psyched that Jubes got a good fight, and some cool poo poo.

That last Bastion fight was pretty amazing.