Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I would have liked to see Barbara fleshed out with a prologue resembling her Brave & The Bold issue with Wonder Woman and Zatanna where they take her out for a night on the town. One of them has a prophecy that something terrible will happen to Barbara soon, but they don't know the exact nature of the threat, so they give her a girls' night out to at least express some sisterly love. It would have set up Barbara's character and given her lots to say/do that don't involve catching bullets or dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

redbackground posted:

"Don't see any reason to try and prevent whatever tragedy is coming up, we'll just dance and poo poo for a night and then leave her be! You're on your own, Babs, nothing we can do! Bruce can just tell us what happened tomorrow. LET'S GET DRINKIN BITCHESSSSS"

I don't think the premonition is so specific about the exact circumstances of the tragedy, only that it will happen.
"The greatest burden of all was to be an oracle of prophecy, when there was nothing you could do to to alter the course of the future, because you had just enough information to know that something was going to happen, but not enough information to stop it from happening."
-Wonder Woman, The Brave and the Bold #33

In the longview, something awful will happen to each of us, so let's enjoy our time together while we have it, you know?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Honestly if you want the actual TACTICAL REALISM thing Batman should do it would be to essentially keep him in a big terrarium at the very bottom of the batcave. But he'll probably find a motherbox down there somehow because comics.

In Dark Night: A True Batman Story, Paul Dini describes his idea for Batman's endgame with the Joker in TAS. It involves Joker being confined to a brick box in the batcave with one small opening for air/food. Joker taunts Batman and his crazy laughter echoes throughout the cave, but Joker's area of effect is mostly contained.

I think "maniac on a chain who provides color commentary/exposition between scenes" would be an okay modern-day existence for Joker. Having said that, I look forward to what Tom King has up his sleeve.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

thebardyspoon posted:

I was a bit annoyed that Lex getting his poo poo ruined was barely even a setback, they could just have a villains plot get proper hosed up by the heroes without it being spun into a "actually we totally got everything we wanted" everytime, it's starting to lose impact.

I liked how he set it up the last time, at least. "Be grateful I'm only loving you over this much or it'll get twice as worse," basically. Not far from an Apokalyptian level threat.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Vandar posted:

Is Teen Titans Go To The Movies on DCU? Because as far as I’m concerned that’s a top five DC film and if it’s there you should totally check it out.

Neither of the TTG movies appear to be on DCU, but I agree, they're both fantastic for young and old fans.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

wielder posted:

There have been some pretty good digital sales for Astro City, but I know the physical volumes may be harder to find.

In fact, the collected editions are on sale on Comixology right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Vandar posted:

That's Simon Baz. He was introduced a little bit before Jessica.

Also, FWIW, the gun came in handy when, as happens every other day in Green Lantern comics, the rings were corrupted and having an extra weapon came in handy.
Then Simon had a heart to heart with Batman and gave up the gun.