Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Jack Gladney posted:

Batman's parents seem kind of poo poo themselves with respect to philanthropic use of their money. Batman at least represents a real investment and personal stake in the lives of the common people, dumb and counterproductive as it turns out to be.

What did his mom and dad ever do with their millions, sponsor some episodes of Fresh Air with Terry Gross? If you're going to bag on Batman for being a repressive extension of state power and a tool for the status quo, it seems like rich people who just drop some cash into charities and otherwise enjoy the pleasures of owning the means of production seem much worse as far as the neoliberal machine and the damage it causes.

Thomas Wayne would have been an early backer of the Clinton campaign, is what I'm saying.

In Batman Begins they built that commuter railway system! Seems like a decent stab at the problem to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Unmature posted:

I'm talking about his performance, not the sound of his voice. Dan Castelanetta sounds different, but his performance as Homer is still great.

Could be he's just lost enthusiasm for the material.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Kurzon posted:

An interesting aspect of the Green Lantern show was that the Green Lanterns did not patrol the whole Universe. One thing that always bugged me about the Green Lantern comics is that the Universe is a bit too vast for 7,000 or so Lanterns to patrol. Astronomers now estimate that there could be as many as 2 trillion galaxies in the Universe, which means Hal has over 500 million galaxies in his own sector (but all the Universe-shaking poo poo seems to center on Earth anyway). So either the Corps should be expanded to trillions of GLs or the Guardians just rule our own galaxy.

This is one of these things which seems to happen when shows use the terms "galaxy" and "universe" interchangeably.