Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
How is Batman:Ninja?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I assume Lurdiak's main objection to the Sierra games is deaths, dead man walking scenarios and moon logic puzzles. The Space Quests are still very funny, but they're packed to the brim with those. Personally I've played all the Sierra adventures so many times I can sleepwalk through them all so it doesn't bother me, but I can see how it would someone else.

QfG and GK1 don't really have those problems though, they're the most well designed and the games even the most hardened LucasArts partisans usually respect

Maybe he just hates Leisure Suit Larry.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

People take fiction far too seriously and I'll never understand it. If you don't like something that's fair enough but it's no big deal at the end of the day. It's only movies/cartoons/books/etc.

purple death ray posted:

Wil Wheaton had to deal with all that stuff too, people yelling at him to shut up, people wishing he'd die (on the show and also irl) and it hosed him up for a while. I think you can acknowledge that the star wars prequels are bad without dismissing any effects fan outrage might have had on the kid, which I don't think any of us are really qualified to say anything about.

But if he quit school and developed schizophrenia I guess there might be something to the rumors.

For real. I mean, I like to pretend season 4 of the Boondocks never happened, but that's as far as it goes. I'm not gonna track down the people who run BET and demand an apology or threaten them like a crazy rear end in a top hat. I always thought how much people hated Wil said a lot about fandom as a whole.

Sometimes poo poo we like goes sideways. C'est la guerre, Charlie Brown.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 12, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Anora posted:

https://twitter.com/GeekVibesNation/status/1105476875068104705

Trailer for BM & TMNT

Can't wait to see which one he fucks in this movie. My bet is on Don.

Nah, he only does machines

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish they'd stop making these middling DTV movies and just pour the money into reviving JLU.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

What if spider-man taught Thanos to use the bathroom

Thanos would cut toilet paper use by half

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Delightful.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Toshimo posted:

What's it on?

Nice av.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Does syndication still exist, even?

Yes, just ask the zillion channels/networks running Big Bang Theory reruns

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I think the animated New Frontier is my favorite DC movie of any kind. But I'm a big fan of Martian Manhunter.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 15, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is that new Batman animated feature Soul of the Dragon any good

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

King Baby posted:

Just watched Batman: Soul Of The Dragon. It’s pretty much an alternate of the Shang Chi movie with the now Asian Richard Dragon as Shang-Chi and Batman as Aquafina and another magic door. This takes place in the 70s because everyone has sideburns, Batman’s gadgets are a little dated, and 70s kung fu music! I still have my hold ups with these animated movies being so cheap, but I liked this one. There’s some good flow in some scenes and the ending was kinda bad rear end. I just wish it had more of a 70s vibe instead of a couple set dressings to the usual house style. Michael Jai White uses 2 voices to represent his older and younger selves, nobody else does this and it’s weird.

I liked it. It didn't blow my mind but it was a fun use of 90 minutes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Doom comes to Gotham looks not Mignola-y enough, visually, but otherwise I'm looking forward to it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Apocalypse has all the best lines, just like Kingpin had all the best lines. Both shows were fantastic at casting and writing villains,

For Evolution, they really should have kept Apocalypse with the ethereal pharaoh look who also didn't speak.

This reminds me of the great Kingpin line where for some reason he helps Spider-Man and is fighting Scorpion, and tears his tail right off and yeets the dude out a window, then goes "A pity. I broke him".

Right up there with "The checks in the mail, baby!" as lines from that show burned into my memory.

Also unsolicited, but my thought is if you want to do Kingdom Come, make the flashbacks to the olden times before everything goes shithouse look like the animation/style of New Frontier, then have current day stuff look more modern

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 9, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

Shredder's Revenge was so drat good. I'd love a modern update to the X-Men arcade game.

There's a GI Joe game coming that's basically a reskin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm hoping we see more of Jamie Madrox